Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:52   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
You can also do a mix of both. Whitefield - Sarjapur -Bagalur -hosur. Sarjapur -Bagalur is in good condition as per reports here. But considering your timings, probably will not make much of a difference.

If your trip is after May end/ in June, then better to stick to route 2. Whitefield - Sarjapur is full of schools and considering you hit the stretch around 3, you may hit a lot of school bus traffic that can slow you down.
I feel the KA govt should construct an elevated flyover right from Devanahalli to Attibele similar to what we have in Chennai. The Chennai ORR connects Avadi to Vandalur and I was told that it takes about 1/2 an hour to cover this stretch. On similar lines work on connecting Tambaram to Minjur will commence.
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:42   #362
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
I feel the KA govt should construct an elevated flyover right from Devanahalli to Attibele similar to what we have in Chennai. The Chennai ORR connects Avadi to Vandalur and I was told that it takes about 1/2 an hour to cover this stretch. On similar lines work on connecting Tambaram to Minjur will commence.
While not elevated, the Peripheral Ring Road was supposed to provide something similar. But considering it has been stuck and on paper forever, don't expect it to see the light of day anytime soon.

Only beneficiaries of this mythical PRR are the builders along the Varthur Sarjapur Road belt who have advertised and sold a lot of properties with the '...next to PRR' tagline.
Old 23rd May 2016, 19:49   #363
Team-BHP Support

I guess the 207 still has not unlocked it's full potential. Things like state border related aspects have not been addressed. Let the authorities first enforce and enable trucks to use this route for bypass. I don't think elevated road will in a big use. First I think we need to make the best use of what is available.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 13:03   #364
Senior - BHPian

Traveled last weekend between Devanahalli- Nelamangala

The road conditions are good throughout.

Have to ask for directions at Dodballapur and Nelamangala to traverse the town
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 14:43   #365
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Traveled last weekend between Devanahalli- Nelamangala

The road conditions are good throughout.

Have to ask for directions at Dodballapur and Nelamangala to traverse the town
That is good to know indeed. Something that I had reported few weeks before too. It was by chance that he took the Nelemangala route from Doddaballapur while returning back home on a peak weekday evening and the road turned out to be so good that it became a standard route from then on whenever traversing to Airport at peak hours via NICE.

And I do recall the conversation that I had with him when he wanted to explore this. I just suggested to reach near Doddaballapur and then feedthe final destination as NICE Road and Googlemaps clearly navigated him to the road leading to Nelamangala.

2 or 3 more drives from few more folks with the Maps on and Google will invariably start suggesting this as an alternate route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And for a fact, bhpian speedsatya has confirmed the super good road conditions between Doddaballapura - Nelemangala few weeks before and taken this road twice for reaching Bangalore Airport.

The route link is as below:

<Devenahalli to Nelligere>
So now, it is clear that if one wants to cross Bangalore from Hyderabad side towards Mangalore or even Mysore, it makes more sense to do Devanahalli - Doddaballapur - Nelemangala - NICE (for Mysore) than take hours to reach NICE/Tumkur road through Hebbal/ORR which still witnesses long jams at the undone ROBs and the alternate routes are not the easy ones to do for a first timer.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2016, 15:40   #366
Senior - BHPian

Came across this thread now. Last month when there were agitations in Mandya/Bangalore on the PF issue, I was travelling from Coorg to Bangalore airport. Our cab driver, after passing Kunigal, took diversion via Dabaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli to reach airport. It was a wise decision. We reached airport without encountering any traffic snarls. Roads too were acceptable for most of the stretch.
AkMar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 09:20   #367
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMar View Post
Came across this thread now. Last month when there were agitations in Mandya/Bangalore on the PF issue, I was travelling from Coorg to Bangalore airport. Our cab driver, after passing Kunigal, took diversion via Dabaspet-Doddaballapur-Devanahalli to reach airport. It was a wise decision. We reached airport without encountering any traffic snarls. Roads too were acceptable for most of the stretch.
If they can fix the Handpost/Guddemaranahalli-Shivaganga-Dobbaspet section, then 207 all the way to Devanahalli makes it even better an option for airport from Mysore/Hassan sector.

Then you can beat even beat the Nelamangala toll, NH4 crossing time and Nelamangala exit time.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:27   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If they can fix the Handpost/Guddemaranahalli-Shivaganga-Dobbaspet section, then 207 all the way to Devanahalli makes it even better an option for airport from Mysore/Hassan sector.

Then you can beat even beat the Nelamangala toll, NH4 crossing time and Nelamangala exit time.
But I don't think this will be any faster because you spend time approaching Dabaspet and then getting out if it.And I remember the time it took to get totally out of Dabaspet at 10pm till I could start cruising really. However, time taken to get out towards Doddaballapur was faster as usual. That is because there is more town on the other side.

On the other hand, the run from Gudemaranahalli to Nelamangala is really fast and would take less than 20 minutes at the most decent pace.

Crossing Nelamangala along with the toll would add time as you say but with the road from Nelamangala to Doddaballapur all ready now, heading away from Mangalore highway and reaching Doddaballapur via Dabaspet would not really be a time saver at all.

Also, when I drove via Gudemaranahalli and Shivagange last time, I realised how you need to pass certain villages through narrow lanes and I doubt if these sections will get widened.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st June 2016 at 09:29.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:33   #369
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
But I don't think this will be any faster because you spend time approaching Dabaspet and then getting out if it.
Is it that bad? I thought its OK as long as it moves.

Quote:
Crossing Nelamangala along with the toll would add time as you say but with the road from Nelamangala to Doddaballapur all ready now, heading away from Mangalore highway and reaching Doddaballapur via Dabaspet would not really be a time saver at all.
My only worry was not getting stalled at the toll and get delayed for a flight. While the other option will keep you moving. Of course its a decision to be taken their and then based on the scenario.

Hence also my previous comment: Guddemaranahalli-Shivagange-Dobbaspet is not there yet. Not yet primetime.
Old 1st June 2016, 09:44   #370
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is it that bad? I thought its OK as long as it moves.
Not bad at all but then the way we always compare, its still slower to pass this by the time you would have already reached Nelamangala after paying that toll. The fastest on this road is only from the NH48 Turn off till Shivagange as roads are almost straight. After Shivagange till Dabaspet, your speeds decrease due to local traffic heading that side.

Quote:
My only worry was not getting stalled at the toll and get delayed for a flight. While the other option will keep you moving. Of course its a decision to be taken their and then based on the scenario.
Agreed. That last toll is a gamble on a Sunday evening only. Else it's not a worrisome one at all. Traffic here is thick only on Sunday after 4PM all the way till 10Pm.
Quote:
Hence also my previous comment: Guddemaranahalli-Shivagange-Dobbaspet is not there yet. Not yet primetime.
One can still consider this on a peak Sunday evening but otherwise I feel it might not really be worth.

Last edited by paragsachania : 1st June 2016 at 09:45.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2016, 11:05   #371
Senior - BHPian

Bypassed Banglore from Devanahalli- Hoskote- Chikkatirupathi-Hosur.

The roads are in good condition.

The road between Chikka Tirupathi towards Seegepura is widened and the last stretch of
a half kilometre needs to be tarred.
gajadonga is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:09   #372
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Bypassed Banglore from Devanahalli- Hoskote- Chikkatirupathi-Hosur.
Next time you may want to try this:

Either : Option:1 or Option:2

This reduces 207 commute by almost 10KM. Basically the idea is to take a deviation at Chikka Tirupathi and a 2-3 km drive should take you to Baglur-Malur SH. And take that SH to Baglur.

I dont know the road conditions. But Google Satallite mode does show a road . Might be a good idea to check it out. If good, then it saves us from a good 10km on NH207.

Last edited by ampere : 28th June 2016 at 09:10.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2016, 09:24   #373
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
This reduces 207 commute by almost 10KM. Basically the idea is to take a deviation at Chikka Tirupathi and a 2-3 km drive should take you to Baglur-Malur SH. And take that SH to Baglur.

I dont know the road conditions. But Google Satallite mode does show a road . Might be a good idea to check it out. If good, then it saves us from a good 10km on NH207.
I think the Malur road is bad - check this post and the immediate subsequent posts, quite recent report - here
Old 28th June 2016, 09:32   #374
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I think the Malur road is bad
I think that reference should have been towards the section much beyond Baglur. 207 from Baglur to Hosur is good (though I dont have a recent update; but its fairly good). And I expect that section from Bagalur to that exit point for Chikka Tirupathi to be OK too.
Old 28th June 2016, 10:48   #375
BHPian

I bye-passed Bangalore using the strongly suggested Devanahalli - NH 207 - Hoskote route on 10th of June 2016, a friday. Took me one hour from 12:15pm to 1:15pm. Helped me escape the tolls at BIAL and Hoskote but the road is a 2-lane undivided carriageway and has quite a few potholes, some very big to shake up all the passengers, and too many twists and curves apart from speed breakers.

Hence, on the return leg, decided to use the Outer Ring Road so did Hoskote - KR Puram - Hebbel - BIAL - Devanahalli on 13th of June (monday). Crossed Hoskote at 11:15am and crossed Hebbel at 11:45 am. Took a break after crossing Hebbel and did not time the Hebbel - Devanahalli sector run. Did not pay any toll at Hoskote as they exempted me since their FasTag reader was not functional.

I am happy not to have bye-passed the city as the drive through the city was pretty smooth.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed