Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2015, 08:04   #256
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear-ge View Post
This is a fine thread, I wish the posts were separate for bypassing Bangalore from each direction.
If you see the initial few posts of this thread, its precisely that way, with the title. But later all posts have become a query response based. And yes NICE is only good (best) option to go from NH4 (Tumkur Road) to NH7 Hosur road.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 20:54   #257
BHPian

Gear-ge, if you are transiting from NH-7 (Hyderabad - Bengaluru) to NH-7 (Bengaluru-Salem-Dindigul to the turn off for Kodaikanal), I feel there are better and shorter routes to bye-pass than go via Nelamangala and NICE road.

I drive from Hyderabad to Kodaikanal a couple times a year and have used the route described in the following link:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1711006

This used to be a great route - and I have been able to do Devanahalli to Hosur (about 60 kms) in less than two hours. However, over the years, the traffic has increased around the Whitefield area so much that I find going on the longer NH-207 faster now a days, especially if I am transiting during traffic hours.

You can use NH-207 from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote and Sarjapur. I have done Devanahalli to Hosur in less than two hours on this route. There were a couple of sections where the road twists and turns in Villages and is not signposted - so when in doubt, the best is to ask the locals.

To take either of these routes, you branch off NH-7 at Devanahalli, well before the airport exit (you turn left off NH-7 as you see a Jain temple on a hillock on your right).
Old 15th March 2015, 20:59   #258
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vartakavi View Post
You can use NH-207 from Devanahalli to Hosur via Hoskote and Sarjapur. I have done Devanahalli to Hosur in less than two hours on this route. There were a couple of sections where the road twists and turns in Villages and is not signposted - so when in doubt, the best is to ask the locals.
You can also do:

Devanahalli-Hoskote : NH207

And then head to Malur instead of continuing on NH207. And at Malur take the road to Baglur. Distance wise its the same. And the Hoskote-Malur is much less twisty like the NH207.

Route Link
Old 12th April 2015, 23:04   #259
Distinguished - BHPian

Took Bellandur - Sarjapur - Bagalur - Hosur route last Saturday morning. Since the drive was around 06.00 AM there was no much traffic.

Sadly road work around Sarjapur does not seem to have progressed since my last trip some in January.

On Bypassing Bangalore-suh_0344.jpg
Old 13th April 2015, 08:28   #260
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Sadly road work around Sarjapur does not seem to have progressed since my last trip some in January.
This bypass is pretty much needed. Big buses and trucks tend to take that small village road, which is quite scary. Its creating havoc not just for the commuters, but also the local dwellers.
Old 7th May 2015, 12:39   #261
Team-BHP Support

Great update on Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Guddemaranahalli by @Night_Hawk.

Quoting the post here:

Quote:
Started HYD at 5.00 AM on 03.05.2015 and reached Chikmagalur ( Hotel Gateway) by 5.00 PM. There few very rough / under construction patches on SH3 between Shivganga and Gudemaranhalli.

I took the Gudemaranhalli- Hassan- Belur- CKM route. Excellent roads through out; and the surroundings are very scenic and lush green. Innumerable food joints are available on either side.
While returning to Hyderabad on 06.05.2015, took the conventional bypass route i.e. via Nelamanga, Doddaballpur and Devanahalli.

Brief add on for folks intending to drive to Manikyadhara falls:
The road from Baba Budangiri shrine to the falls is quite narrow. There are no guard rails, thus exposing you and the car to sheer drop-offs from the cliffs, which obviously gets worse as you go farther and farther towards Manikyadhara. Every time another car or jeep came in the opposite direction, my heart would be in my mouth with a “will we or won’t we” feeling. A couple of kms from Baba Budangiri shrine, the stretch became extremely narrower and dangerous because the shoulder on the free fall side has caved-in at many places due to recent rains. Wanted to immediately return but the alternative of a U turn wasn’t simple either. Finally, aborted the plan to go further and turned right around when found a place, where cliff side of the road was widened probably as a spot for allowing passage of two vehicle
Here the post for reference:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...magalur-8.html
Old 7th May 2015, 15:09   #262
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on Sarjapur bye-pass

Took Hosur - Sarjapur - Bellandur route last Sunday, the bye-pass road of Sarjapur (pic in my earlier post above) is drive-able. It is yet to be surfaced, however they have leveled the road and you can drive through the same.
Hope they surface it before rains.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2015, 15:34   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Took Hosur - Sarjapur - Bellandur route last Sunday, the bye-pass road of Sarjapur (pic in my earlier post above) is drive-able. It is yet to be surfaced, however they have leveled the road and you can drive through the same.
I took this route on April 25th but could not see the condition of the by pass as it was dark (5:30 AM). Hope it gets done before rains. In your pic, some buildings seem to be demolished. This might have been the cause of delay.
As far as I remember, the bypass was closed more than 6 months back.
Old 7th May 2015, 15:41   #264
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

I got the same update from a friend of mine. he said the same. Its getting there. They have laid it up. But yet to tar it.
Old 29th May 2015, 23:12   #265
BHPian

re: Bangalore to Chintamani?

The road from Hoskote to Chintamani is fully completed. Single lane superbly marked roads, but prone for accidents. Hoskote to Chintamani is 48 kms.
FordDodo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 09:43   #266
BHPian

Hi All,

From Budigere cross to Salem and back (during peak hour) which route shall I take.

1. Hoskote - Malur - Berigai - Sholagiri
2. Whitefield - Sarjapur - Attibelle
3. Hoskote - Malur - Bagalur - Hosur
4. Madiwala - Hosur

I used to take the option 4 from Indiranagar in the past. Recently shifted to this area and hence wondering whats the best option to avoid city traffic .
Old 16th June 2015, 10:04   #267
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajanjohn View Post
From Budigere cross to Salem and back (during peak hour) which route shall I take.

4. Madiwala - Hosur
I think Option 3 will be good, especially in peak hours and you will reach Hosur near the bus stand directly bypassing the Attibele toll as well as avoiding Hosur Road traffic
Refer this earlier post by @ampere on this same page - Link. Ignore the Devanahalli-Hoskote part.

Last edited by NPV : 16th June 2015 at 10:06.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 10:13   #268
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hoskote - Malur - Bagalur - Hosur
+1 to NPV

Take the Hoskote-Malur-Baglur-Hosur road. Much better. Even during peak hours you will be better off. Would prefer Hosur option to Berigai option.

Last edited by ampere : 16th June 2015 at 10:19.
Old 16th June 2015, 10:25   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
I would recommend option 3 as well. I had used this road a couple of months earlier and the road condition was very good and well marked. You can skip the narrow lanes of the sarjapur town as well this way.

As a resident of Whitefield, I would recommend that you avoid venturing into this area at all costs!
BWSSB has successfully managed to dig up every road here and there are huge traffic jams on most days from whitefield to varthur even at non-peak hours.
The situation inside varthur town is bad as on most days as well.
SR71-Blackbird is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2015, 10:46   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
4. Madiwala - Hosur

I took the option 1 a few months back on one of the long weekends to avoid Attibele-Hosur stretch. Except for a 5 km stretch from Masti to KA-TN border, the roads were good. The Malur-Masti and Berigai-Shoolagiri roads were excellent, especially the Berigai-Shoolagiri stretch was fun to drive. It took me 1.30 mins to cover the Hoskote-Shoolagiri part.

The other option to consider is Hoskote-Chikkatirupati -Bagalur-Hosur. Good roads all the way. From Chikkatirupati, turn left towards Malur and join the Hosur-Malur road.
Landkruzer is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed