Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2015, 11:08   #241
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
If they can improve Doddaballapur-Nelamangala SH, it would be great bypass. It already is but for the rough section. This would make it ideal to head to the Hassan 4-lane from Devanahalli.

Ideally, planners instead of spending a huge sum to improve internal infrastructure can simply bank upon these SHs and NHs passing far away from the city (and almost encircling) and advertise them as bypasses.

Thanks to Googlemaps that now people at least look at the screen and realise there is a road that helps one bypass an entire city without much fuss.

Life was too difficult in the absence of such maps earlier but then those days we never faced such issues or constraints to cross a city like we do today!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:12   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I just meant anything beyond the realm of NICE road. Hence I just guessed it as Kengeri.
Kengeri is actually before NICE road and is densely populated as well, so it would not be feasible for any huge highway project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Kengeri is inside the city, for all practical purposes. If the section that you have mentioned is developed, then the biggest cost would be the Magadi - Kengeri part. Alternatively, they could develop the existing small road from after Magadi to a point between Kumbalgod & Bidadi. But I dont think even this will help much.
The Magadi-Thavarekere-Kengeri road is a very nice 2 lane road and as of now there is very little through traffic on this and it will not make sense to direct the bypassing traffic back to the suburban areas. However there is an existing State highway from Magadi-Ramnagara which can be widened a bit more or even the Magadi-Thippagondanahalli-Chandrappa Circle-Big Banyan tree-Rajarajeshwari Medical College (Mysore Road)

Quote:
If they can improve Doddaballapur-Nelamangala SH, it would be great bypass. It already is but for the rough section. This would make it ideal to head to the Hassan 4-lane from Devanahalli.
I would agree. There are plenty of 'wide' state highways and local roads around Bangalore and if the govt did a small bit to 'advertise' these as Parag mentions, it would go a long way in reducing the congestion in the city.

However, as Suhas says below, the catch is that most truckers may enter the city only to get RTO permits/pay road taxes (coming from Hosur side). So unless the tax/permit issues are streamlined, there is no way we can avoid it.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 21st January 2015 at 11:34. Reason: added comment
addyhemmige is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:18   #243
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
The Magadi-Thavarekere-Kengeri road is a very nice 2 lane road and as of now there is very little through traffic on this and it will not make sense to direct the bypassing traffic back to the suburban areas.
Incidentally, Had taken the Thaverekere-Kengeri road to attend your own wedding last year and it was indeed a super clean choice compared to the pain taken to enter NICE and pay the toll .

There are a lot of such roads that would help one bypass Bangalore very easily and quite effectively but we only need to wait for users to tell us the conditions which matter most than just the route alone.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 11:19   #244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Life was too difficult in the absence of such maps earlier but then those days we never faced such issues or constraints to cross a city like we do today!
Very true Parag. In fact it was for that very reason, I started this thread especially for Bangalore. If you see typically today Bangalaore bypass is equated to NICE road and thats it! Many of the people dont even realize that there are much easier options available which can help one bypass the city very easily. Google has played a big roll in that for sure.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 12:18   #245
BHPian

Quote:
I suspect he has hit Nelamangala from Doddaballapur and from here its hardly 8-10 kms towards the city before you hit NICE road.
yes, via Nelamangala. Absolutely serene, no traffic and green fields on either side of the road. Iloved this road
Old 10th February 2015, 10:38   #246
BHPian

Hello friends,

I'm doing HYD-Mangalore on 22nd feb.

Do you guys suggest http://goo.gl/6mPDq7 or http://goo.gl/2xuY4b

Also, shall I leave NH7 at chikballapur itself and take route74 or devanahalli as shown in the links above?
Keeping the latest known conditions in mind.

Thank you.

Last edited by unoczar : 10th February 2015 at 10:41. Reason: tiny url became stars
Old 10th February 2015, 10:54   #247
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Also, shall I leave NH7 at chikballapur itself and take route74 or devanahalli as shown in the links above?
Keeping the latest known conditions in mind.
You can do the following:

Route Link

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Muguru
Old 10th February 2015, 11:02   #248
BHPian

Quote:
You can do the following:

Route Link

Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-Muguru

Thank you. But where is this muguru? Do you mean Marur?
unoczar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2015, 11:12   #249
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unoczar View Post
Thank you. But where is this muguru? Do you mean Marur?
Sorry, that was typo. I did not mean Marur either. I think there will be directions on this SH to Magadi. And this SH would cut the 4-lane.
Old 13th February 2015, 18:25   #250

I did this route last December. One hour flat from point A to B. Beware, the Bangalore speedgun cops are waiting right after Kurubarakunte to check for 80kmph + speeds.

http://goo.gl/maps/61cjD
Old 26th February 2015, 22:31   #251

Great route suggestions!

I mostly followed the recommendation to bypass Bangalore while coming from Hyderabad to Hosur - took NH 207 from Devanahalli till Chikka Tirupathi and took very bad local road from Chikka Tirupathi to Alambadi cross on Bagalur Road (got tyre punctured, I know I should've continued on NH 207 till Bagalur, but the adventurous side in me wanted to save the 10kms) and continued till Bagalur and further to Hosur.

Great roads on NH 207, but the route I took from Chikka Tirupathi to Alambadi cross is very bad - I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, please follow others' advice and continue along NH 207 till Bagalur or at least till Sarjapur.

I went on a Saturday and probably would've taken the same time going through the city, but I avoided city traffic, speed guns and at least a couple of tolls. The route was decently marked and roads well maintained, with little or no traffic.

For return journey also, I think it might be better to take Bagalur Road in Hosur and continue along NH 207 to Sarjapur instead of going to Sarjapur after crossing over to Karnataka and joining at Sarjapur.
Old 27th February 2015, 11:48   #252
Team-BHP Support

You can also do Baglur Malur Hoskote. That also works well.
Old 27th February 2015, 12:58   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivoidwarranty View Post
Great route suggestions!

I mostly followed the recommendation to bypass Bangalore while coming from Hyderabad to Hosur - took NH 207 from Devanahalli till Chikka Tirupathi and took very bad local road from Chikka Tirupathi to Alambadi cross on Bagalur Road (got tyre punctured, I know I should've continued on NH 207 till Bagalur, but the adventurous side in me wanted to save the 10kms) and continued till Bagalur and further to Hosur.

Great roads on NH 207, but the route I took from Chikka Tirupathi to Alambadi cross is very bad - I wouldn't recommend it to anyone, please follow others' advice and continue along NH 207 till Bagalur or at least till Sarjapur.

I went on a Saturday and probably would've taken the same time going through the city, but I avoided city traffic, speed guns and at least a couple of tolls. The route was decently marked and roads well maintained, with little or no traffic.

For return journey also, I think it might be better to take Bagalur Road in Hosur and continue along NH 207 to Sarjapur instead of going to Sarjapur after crossing over to Karnataka and joining at Sarjapur.
My reccomendation would be to take the Hosur-Malur-Hosakote-Devanahalli route.Roads are all good.

https://goo.gl/maps/1d7zC
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2015, 20:05   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Incidentally, Had taken the Thaverekere-Kengeri road to attend your own wedding last year and it was indeed a super clean choice compared to the pain taken to enter NICE and pay the toll .

There are a lot of such roads that would help one bypass Bangalore very easily and quite effectively but we only need to wait for users to tell us the conditions which matter most than just the route alone.
Hi all,

This is a fine thread, I wish the posts were separate for bypassing Bangalore from each direction. We are driving from New Delhi to Kodaikanal next week and assumed we would take the NICE ring road from Nelamangala to NH 7. Is there another viable alternative?
Old 10th March 2015, 01:01   #255
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gear-ge View Post
Hi all,

This is a fine thread, I wish the posts were separate for bypassing Bangalore from each direction. We are driving from New Delhi to Kodaikanal next week and assumed we would take the NICE ring road from Nelamangala to NH 7. Is there another viable alternative?
After Nelamangala hit NICE and exit on the other end at Hosur Road (NH7). You are precisely right and thats the only suitable option.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed