Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2015, 17:55   #226
Senior - BHPian

A update between Devanahalli and Nelamangala.
Devanahalli- Dodaballapur is good.Road widening is happening at some places.
Dodaballapur - Nelamangala
Have to ask for directions within Doaballapur town to reach Nelamangala road.
On the way there is a lake with bund which is just a gravel for a kilometer.
After that the road is patchy with potholes on the shoulders of the road but manageable.
Nelamangala town traffic is heavy.

On the way back tried the Nice road from Kengeri side to Peenya and from there to Hebbal and Devanahalli.
Except for the railway crossing between Peenya and Hebbal it was a quite a quick drive to reach Devanahalli.
It took one hour from Kengeri entry to Devanahalli in the evening between 4-5 pm

Last edited by gajadonga : 18th January 2015 at 17:57.
Old 18th January 2015, 18:13   #227
Team-BHP Support

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

If one is heading to Hassan, from Devanahalli I think Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet-NH48(at Solur) seems like a good option.

Route Link

I have seen a couple of posts, on this very topic. But I think many have taken the road to Shivaganga monolith at Dobbaspet and hence missed the main route. The trick here is to ask for Magadi. Because o the four lane at Solur I have seen the cross road for Magadi and Dobbaspet. Going by that this seems like a good option.

Last edited by ampere : 18th January 2015 at 18:18.
Old 20th January 2015, 10:55   #228
Team-BHP Support

I just noticed: There is an NHDP Phase-IV plan to 4-lane Hoskote-Devanahalli-Dobbaspet section on NH207 (Contract already awarded). Now in view of this, I am just wondering how does this intersect with Peripheral Ring Road project of the Bangalore city corporation.

If indeed that section has to go with NH207 4-lane then a 4-lane from Dobbaspet-Solur-Magadi-Kengeri can be thought as a good trucker's corridor. But then thats outside city administration.

Last edited by ampere : 20th January 2015 at 10:58.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2015, 11:31   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

But Why Kengeri there ?
Old 20th January 2015, 11:55   #230
Team-BHP Support

I just meant anything beyond the realm of NICE road. Hence I just guessed it as Kengeri.
Old 20th January 2015, 17:59   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
4-lane Hoskote-Devanahalli-Dobbaspet section on NH207 (Contract already awarded). Now in view of this, I am just wondering how does this intersect with Peripheral Ring Road project of the Bangalore city corporation.
This is a good move. Especially with the implementation (now cancelled) of truck ban on ORR. Would help interstate truckers for sure.

Regarding the peripheral ring road, I am not sure when the project is going to see the daylight. Remember the same discussed around a decade back.

As you mentioned the NH 207 alignment is almost same as that of peripheral ring road.

However there is a phase 2 of peripheral ring road, which is supposed to connect the Hosur road - Bannerghatta road - Kanakpura road - Mysore road -Tumkur road section. But then again, there is NICE road for that now.
Old 20th January 2015, 20:52   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
This is a good move. Especially with the implementation (now cancelled) of truck ban on ORR. Would help interstate truckers for sure.
Tho other thing which I cannot explain is that NH207 even today is actually very nice. Its clean wide 2-lane. Sarjapur-Hoskote-Devanahalli-Doddaballapur-Dobbaspet the whole section is fantastic as of today. But I dont see trucks as takers for these roads. So does it actually mean the trucks do want to hit the city roads?
Old 20th January 2015, 21:26   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
ampere : I just meant anything beyond the realm of NICE road. Hence I just guessed it as Kengeri.
Kengeri is inside the city, for all practical purposes. If the section that you have mentioned is developed, then the biggest cost would be the Magadi - Kengeri part. Alternatively, they could develop the existing small road from after Magadi to a point between Kumbalgod & Bidadi. But I dont think even this will help much.
Old 20th January 2015, 21:34   #234
Team-BHP Support

I think here the need is something which would touch Hosur or beyond Hosur from NH4 without even entering Bangalore. Because it greatly adds up to city dwellers commuting to electronic city.

That would be ideal if it can happen. However in that case its not a city development program.
Old 21st January 2015, 09:43   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
But I dont see trucks as takers for these roads. So does it actually mean the trucks do want to hit the city roads?
Even I had wondered about this. However, compared to the Devanahalli - Hoskote - Sarjapur - Hosur route I have seen more trucks take the Dabasapet - Devanahalli route.

The only conclusion I could come up with this is that, there is no RTO check-post on Sarjapur - Hosur route of NH 207. When driving down from Sarjapur towards Hosur there is only one dilapidated police check post with couple of barricades to let know that you are entering TN.
Truckers will have to drive back towards Bangalore on reaching Hosur to get the RTO permit I guess.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2015, 09:51   #236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Truckers will have to drive back towards Bangalore on reaching Hosur to get the RTO permit I guess.
Yes. Maybe thats the reason. But I think it makes sense to have a trucker's corridor, given the volume south of Bangalore is very high. Current 207 is no way equipped for that unless they do a 4-lane.
Old 21st January 2015, 09:55   #237
BHPian

Hi, coming from hyd , going to mysore, this is the route I took
Hyd --> Devanahalli--> Dodballarpur --> nice road--> mysore

there is a village between Dodballarpur --> nice road. I forgot the name. there was zero traffic and it was a pleasant drive. it was 40+ kms I think. There was a bridge that was still undergoing construction so the road was bad for like 200 mts.
q: what other alternatives we have, coming from hyd?
Old 21st January 2015, 10:54   #238
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyncNest View Post
Hyd --> Devanahalli--> Dodballarpur --> nice road--> mysore

there is a village between Dodballarpur --> nice road. I forgot the name. there was zero traffic and it was a pleasant drive. it was 40+ kms I think. There was a bridge that was still undergoing construction so the road was bad for like 200 mts.
Wondering how you did Dodballapur - NICE Road ? Devenahalli-Dodballapur-Dobbaspet will lead you to NH 4 (Tumkur Road) and then you'd have to come back towards Bangalore city direction and then take NICE Road. Is that what you did ? If so, where is the bridge undergoing construction ? On the NH 4 ?
Old 21st January 2015, 10:59   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wondering how you did Dodballapur - NICE Road ? Devenahalli-Dodballapur-Dobbaspet will lead you to NH 4 (Tumkur Road) and then you'd have to come back towards Bangalore city direction and then take NICE Road. Is that what you did ? If so, where is the bridge undergoing construction ? On the NH 4 ?
I suspect he has hit Nelamangala from Doddaballapur and from here its hardly 8-10 kms towards the city before you hit NICE road.
Old 21st January 2015, 11:02   #240
Team-BHP Support

If they can improve Doddaballapur-Nelamangala SH, it would be great bypass. It already is but for the rough section. This would make it ideal to head to the Hassan 4-lane from Devanahalli.

Last edited by ampere : 21st January 2015 at 11:04.
ampere is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks