Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:11   #331
BHPian

Re: On Bypassing Bangalore

Hi Ampere & NPV,

Thanks for the information. I have decided to halt at Hosur made bookings at Cenneys at Hosur.

Where do I get off NH7 and get on to SH207? Can you please guide?

Thanks a lot for your help so far.
Old 22nd December 2015, 22:54   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skotha View Post
Where do I get off NH7 and get on to SH207? Can you please guide?
Here is the link to route as per discussion done earlier - Bangalore Bypass to Hosur.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 21:48   #333
BHPian

Hi Deepv,

Successfully completed the trip and back in Bengaluru. Some of the sections in this route were not accessible due to traffic restrictions. Not sure if this was a one time thing or a permanent change. Unfortunately couldn't recollect the exact locations of these diversions as I am not well aware of the locations in B'Lore.

I am on the way back to Hyderabad and put up at Hilton @ Embassy Golf Links Business Park, Domlur. What would be the best route to get to NH7?

Thanks for all your help.
Shiva
Old 30th December 2015, 22:05   #334
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Some of the sections in this route were not accessible due to traffic restrictions. Not sure if this was a one time thing or a permanent change. Unfortunately couldn't recollect the exact locations of these diversions as I am not well aware of the locations in B'Lore.
This is quite surprising! You mean there were traffic restrictions on NH207? Any more details on that?

Also how was the experience at Cenney's Hosur? That would help many.

Quote:
I am on the way back to Hyderabad and put up at Hilton @ Embassy Golf Links Business Park, Domlur. What would be the best route to get to NH7?
Take the airport road to MG road and there to Bellary road via Mekri Circle and on to Hebbal. Its a straight route.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2015, 22:37   #335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
This is quite surprising! You mean there were traffic restrictions on NH207? Any more details on that?
Not sure of the location, will go through the map in detail and try to identify the places once I get back home and revert.

Quote:
Also how was the experience at Cenney's Hosur? That would help many.
This was one of the best hotels in our entire trip. Brand new property and the staff were very friendly. It was truly a boutique hotel with spacious rooms and sparkling toilets. Kids loved the food at the hotel. Moreover, they offered a 20% discount on the quoted rates. What else can you ask for?

Quote:
Take the airport road to MG road and there to Bellary road via Mekri Circle and on to Hebbal. Its a straight route.
Thanks. Will try this route. Google maps also suggested the same route but was a bit hesitant to try this solely based on Google as it picked up some really bad sections between Rameswaram and Kanyakumari.
skotha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 23:39   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Not sure of the location, will go through the map in detail and try to identify the places once I get back home and revert.

Skotha .. let us know the location details, so how bad was stretch considering these - did you spend substantial time in delays due to the restrictions?

I would be taking the route while going from Madurai to Hyderabad sometime next week, will probably have to look for suggestions on alternates.
Old 11th January 2016, 15:56   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Here is the link to route as per discussion done earlier - Bangalore Bypass to Hosur.
Quote:
Took the marked route to get to NH7 from Hosur at around 10am a couple of days back.
There was some road repair work that seemed to have been done in previous few days (which was continuing further in some parts) after we take left turn at Bagalur towards Sarjapur.
However at the mentioned time I didn't face much difficulty (or many diversions) possibly most work was already done.

Overall the route was OK without much traffic and delays, however the innumerable square turns would anyway keep you on leash.
Took me about an hour and a half, I suppose it is still better than getting caught in indeterminate jams going further interior to city.
Old 11th January 2016, 22:33   #338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

, however the innumerable square turns would anyway keep you on leash.
Can you please elaborate what those 'square turns' are? Are they confusing junctions?
Old 11th January 2016, 22:45   #339
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can you please elaborate what those 'square turns' are? Are they confusing junctions?
If you see the contours of NH207, there are many places where it turns 90 degree, even when there road going ahead straight. You need to careful at such cases.

1. At Sarjapur, you enter a fork. You almost needs to do a U to be on NH207. Else you would enter Sarjapur town.
2. At another place like Dunnasandra, where the highway does a 90 degree turn.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 23:14   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Quote:
If you see the contours of NH207, there are many places where it turns 90 degree, even when there road going ahead straight. You need to careful at such cases.
As Ampere pointed out at times turns might get confusing on this stretch, so its handy to keep GM running and follow it diligently.
Roadside markings are pretty fine though.

Besides those major turns/points, the road in general doesn't run straight for long distances, there are quite a bit zig-zags going around so you don't get to press the peddle for too long.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 23:22   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Overall the route was OK without much traffic and delays, however the innumerable square turns would anyway keep you on leash.
Took me about an hour and a half, I suppose it is still better than getting caught in indeterminate jams going further interior to city.
Hi deepv,

Sorry for the delay in responding. Was busy at the office and didnt get a chance to log into Team BHP.

I checked the map again and I think the diversions were near Hoskote. Again, not too sure as we were too busy looking at Google re-calibrating the routes.

1.5 Hour is good. It took me more than 2 hours to get to Hosur.

Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 23:49   #342
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
As Ampere pointed out at times turns might get confusing on this stretch, so its handy to keep GM running and follow it diligently.
Yes its very handy to keep Google maps running. Very useful indeed.

Quote:
1.5 Hour is good. It took me more than 2 hours to get to Hosur.
1.5 or 2; it still is a very good option to use. Simply because you just dont get to see the horrible Bangalore traffic, state border and and an even worse toll booth.
Old 12th January 2016, 00:58   #343
Senior - BHPian

Chikkatirupathi to Siddanahalli small stretch of 4kms has a fresh coat of thar.
Siddanahalli to Tamilnadu border has potholes occasionally. From Bagalur it is wide road upto Hosur.
Daytime traffic and narrow roads at Bagalur town but was never delayed due to traffic.
Daytime usually takes 1hr 30mins.to cover from Devanahalli to Hosur
Old 12th January 2016, 13:28   #344
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Daytime usually takes 1hr 30mins.to cover from Devanahalli to Hosur
I think overall, its a brilliant option to bypass Bangalore from north to south. Some have even tried Hoskote-Malur-Berikai-Shoolagiri. But its a bad option as per me. NH207 to me is the safest and easier option. But again as you said, if one is driving at night, he needs to be very cautious thanks to the blind turns.
Old 12th January 2016, 13:55   #345
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Some have even tried Hoskote-Malur-Berikai-Shoolagiri. But its a bad option as per me. NH207 to me is the safest and easier option. But again as you said, if one is driving at night, he needs to be very cautious thanks to the blind turns.

I once tried Hoskote -Malur-Bagalur-Hosur.
Hoskote to Malur is bad lots of potholes and traffic also is quite high.
Malur-Baglur is okay and traffic is sparse.

Malur-Masti-Berigai-Schoolagiri.

Malur to Masti was really bad that was an year back don't know the conditions now.

Masti-Berigai-Schoolagiri.

Road conditions are good but towns of Berigai and Schoolagiri very narrow roads and invariably traffic jam proned in the day as well as in the evening time.

Bagalur -Berigai-Schoolagiri

Bagalur - Berigai pot holed and heavy lorry traffic.

So finally summing up Hosur - Baglur-ChikaTirupathi-Hoskote-Devanahalli
This is the best and saves a lots of time and fairly decent roads.
Especially on long drives you tend to save time and need good road conditions.
Most of the time I cross this stretch in the night and never had any issues .Only for the sharp turns and a railway gate close to Koralur in this route and have not wasted more than 10 mins at this railway gate.

Last edited by gajadonga : 12th January 2016 at 14:01.

Most Viewed