Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2011, 14:58   #1051
BHPian

Re: Bangalore to Mumbai Roadtrip

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Normally, you will encounter fog going south as you cross the Khandala tunnel just before reaching Khandala-LOnavla
Is the fog as dense as you get in North? I am confused to start early morning from Thane or leave one day early and have a night halt at Pune.

Need suggestions..
Old 27th December 2011, 15:06   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arishi1 View Post
Is the fog as dense as you get in North? I am confused to start early morning from Thane or leave one day early and have a night halt at Pune.

Need suggestions..
@arishi1, the fog is not so dense as you find in north. It's pretty light and that too only in a radius of 20 kms around Lonavala/Khandala. You can easily leave Thane at 4am or so. I too plan to do the same but travelling on the 30th.
Old 27th December 2011, 15:12   #1053
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nileshch View Post
@nekfar, I am travelling from Mumbai to Bangalore on 30th. I plan to leave at 4 am. I think your PM feature is still not active.
Nilesh, good to know about your travel plan. I have planned for 4.30 am exit from andheri. which place in mumbai are you leaving from? we could meet up at some point on the way.
Old 28th December 2011, 20:43   #1054
Senior - BHPian

I did the trip form Bangalore to Mumbai yesterday. Left Bangalore at 5.15 am, reached Mumbai-Dahisar at 9 pm. Took roughly 16 hours with 2.5 hours stopover in between.The speedbreakers at Brahmasagara are well marked, so you will not miss it. The couple of speedbreakers just after Kamat's Ranibennur were a bit difficult to spot. However, I saw other vehicles going slowly and followed the lead. No fog encountered at Nelamangala/ Tumkur early at 5.30 am.
I was stuck at Vashi toll bridge for some half hour as some 4 cars had rammed into each other thus blocking one lane. It was evident that the roads in KA side are much better than MH. Big concretisation of roads also happening around 150 kms before MH. Plus 6 lanes expansion work at many places. Overall was quite an enjoyable ride.
My first fuel fill gave me 15km/l and the second fill gave me 17.5 km/l. Mine is a NHC-ZX, 4 years old.

Last edited by hrman : 28th December 2011 at 20:50.
Old 29th December 2011, 10:55   #1055
BHPian

Highway on Our platter for Bangalore - Mumbai

Team,

Given that all of us collectively travel more than the 2 gentlemen who come on the TV giving advice on the places to eat, it is high time that we highlight good places to eat on the various highways of India. Who knows that in time our list may become as famous as the Michelin guide with chefs of highway eateries wanting to be on our list !!!!

So as a starter could there be recommendations of good eating highway joints on the Bangalore Mumbai stretch preferable avoid getting into any towns. Separate mail threads can be opened for other sections such as Mumbai - Delhi, Delhi - Calcutta etc etc.

Possibly the Mods might consider opening a separate sub forum in the travel section if there is sufficient information.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2011, 11:39   #1056
Team-BHP Support

Re: Highway on Our platter for Bangalore - Mumbai

Check this thread out : The Great Indian Dhabas

cya
R
Old 29th December 2011, 12:32   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
I did the trip form Bangalore to Mumbai yesterday. Left Bangalore at 5.15 am, reached Mumbai-Dahisar at 9 pm. Took roughly 16 hours with 2.5 hours stopover in between.The speedbreakers at Brahmasagara are well marked, so you will not miss it. The couple of speedbreakers just after Kamat's Ranibennur were a bit difficult to spot. However, I saw other vehicles going slowly and followed the lead. No fog encountered at Nelamangala/ Tumkur early at 5.30 am.
I was stuck at Vashi toll bridge for some half hour as some 4 cars had rammed into each other thus blocking one lane. It was evident that the roads in KA side are much better than MH. Big concretisation of roads also happening around 150 kms before MH. Plus 6 lanes expansion work at many places. Overall was quite an enjoyable ride.
My first fuel fill gave me 15km/l and the second fill gave me 17.5 km/l. Mine is a NHC-ZX, 4 years old.
Hrman, thanks for sharing on the road update. I am doing Mumbai-Bangalore tommorrow. just wanted to know any good joints/dhabas between Belgaum- hubli-haveri were I could stop for lunch?
Old 29th December 2011, 19:02   #1058
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai: Route updates & Eateries

Hi Hrman,

Did you take the NICE Road leaving Bangalore or did you go through Yashwanthpur? I am planning to leave at about 6.30 am tomorrow from Domlur so would like to know the traffic situation at the construction sites.

Cheers
Old 29th December 2011, 20:51   #1059
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi Hrman,

Did you take the NICE Road leaving Bangalore or did you go through Yashwanthpur? I am planning to leave at about 6.30 am tomorrow from Domlur so would like to know the traffic situation at the construction sites.

Cheers
Take Domlur-MG Road-Raj Bhavan-Windsor Manor-Mekhri Circle- CV Raman Road-Sadashivanagar Police station - BHEL circle-Yeshwantpur-Goreguntepalya and then the Nelemangala elevated section.
The only possible bottleneck will be between Yeshwantpur station and Goreguntepalya signal due to Metro.
But yesterday also this section was witnessing smooth flow of traffic.
Overall, it shouldn't bother you at all (it was really bad a few months before)
Old 31st December 2011, 11:26   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekfar View Post
Hrman, thanks for sharing on the road update. I am doing Mumbai-Bangalore tommorrow. just wanted to know any good joints/dhabas between Belgaum- hubli-haveri were I could stop for lunch?
Hi Nekfar. Sorry read your post just now. You must already be on your way. We had taken food from home last time. But there are a couple of Kamat's and some Reliance A1 plazas on the way where you can pick up food.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianrunner View Post
Hi Hrman,
Cheers
Took the Yeshwantpur-Neelamangala-Tumkur route. It was at about 5.30 in the morning. except for a 5 minute jam opp yeshwantpur, was absolutely no traffic. Could also be because it was a weekday.
Old 2nd January 2012, 15:16   #1061
BHPian

Completed the return trip of Mumbai ~ Bangalore on 1st Jan. Started 4:30 am from Malad & reached 6:30 pm OMBR Layout.
The speed breaker count has gone up. There were 4 new ones between Belgaum ~ Dharwad. They start after you pay the toll (Rs 65/-) from Belgaum.
I also noticed one of the speed breakers were being removed, seems the locals have made those speed breakers with NHAI approvals.
Old 3rd January 2012, 09:04   #1062
Senior - BHPian

Here is the latest on the speed breakers after we did our Goa road trip few days back.

The speedbreakres around Bharamasagara - between Chitradurga and Davanagere - have reduced by one with the one on the curve is removed. Many signages like "GO SLOW" and badly painted "ROAD HUMP" signs should caution.

If you are coming from Mumbai look for "Yellow coloured" foot over briddge after Davanagere - very prominent - and slow down after that when you encounter these humps. If from Bangalore, you may look for "Hotel Evergreen" sign board after which you will see these humps
Old 4th January 2012, 11:00   #1063
BHPian

I went to Coimbatore via Bangalore on 28th and returned to Mumbai on 3rd Jan 2012.

For first timers, please watch out for Harihar Byepass which is a single lane undivided road and there are no signages yet which indicates the byepass. Besides, the old signage for Bangalore is headed for Harihar town.

On my way back I found one person lying flat with head up (fully drunk i guess and asleep as there were no blood or injuries on his person) on the right lane near Bankapur and another person (elderly person) walking in the middle of right lane with his back to us. Hence, please watch out for unexpected specimens

The total driving time from Goregoan to Shantinagar was 15hrs. Stop overs were 2hrs 30mins. Left at 6am to read Shantinagar at 11.30pm From Shantinagar to Mumbai the timings were similar. Left at 5.58am to reach Goregoan at 11.32pm.

Reliance fuel stations have stopped supplying diesel. Only petrol is available.

Last edited by INNOWAGON_CL : 4th January 2012 at 11:02.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:43   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by INNOWAGON_CL View Post
For first timers, please watch out for Harihar Byepass which is a single lane undivided road and there are no signages yet which indicates the byepass. Besides, the old signage for Bangalore is headed for Harihar town.
"the old signage for Bangalore" is actualy a new signane and is supposed to be followed when one goes to Bangalore. Many dont do it and take the road meant for Bangalore-Pune direction and surprise those drivers. I think it was discussed with maps here or elsewhere.
Old 4th January 2012, 11:58   #1065
BHPian

As regards toll charges are concerned, one has the option to buy a single receipt at Khedshivapur to cover Anewadi toll charges by tendering Rs. 110/- instead of paying Rs. 65/- at Khedshivapur and Rs. 45/- at Anewadi. Similar is the case during the return journey towards Pune / Mumbai.

Again, one can tender Rs. 115/- at Taswade Toll gate to cover Kini toll charges instead of giving Rs. 58/- each at Taswade and Kini and similarly during the return journey as well. It helps to reduce the waiting time particularly at Khedshivapur when coming back.

For those of us who would like to lodge complaints about the highway facilites and road conditions particularly the bumpers without markings and misleading signages, the address is Project Director, Project Implementation Unit, NHAI, 2nd Cross Sattur Colony, Vidagiri, Dharwad and the phone number is 0836-2461442 and the email address is dha@nhai.org.

For any emergency services such as ambulance, Tow away etc, the contact details and numbers are also given behind the toll receipts issued by Neelmangala, Guilalu, Karjeevanahalli, Hattargi, Kognoli, Hirebagewadi, Bankapur toll booths.

Last edited by INNOWAGON_CL : 4th January 2012 at 12:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks