Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2017, 10:57   #2086
Senior - BHPian

re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

@Parag- Which is the stretch on the Mumbai Bangalore highway where they have the traffic police enforcing ridiculously strict speed limits?
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:34   #2087
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
@Parag- Which is the stretch on the Mumbai Bangalore highway where they have the traffic police enforcing ridiculously strict speed limits?
Right before Davanagere bypass starts till Shamanur exit (when driving up).

Other than that, I have once spotted interceptor on a curve near Sira (only once till now) and between Tumkur and Bangalore.

I won't mention any of those that exist once you exit the highway (Belgaum exit for example).

However, your worry should be the one near Davanagere Bypass which is very regular.

Last edited by paragsachania : 23rd March 2017 at 11:47.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2017, 18:51   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Be wary of Mumbai--Pune Expressway the first of all. Many vehicles these days are pulled over at the toll plazas citing lane cutting and strict speedlimits.
vivek95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 01:20   #2089
BHPian

Steep hike in toll rates of Mumbai--Pune Expressway, to be effective from April 1st, 2017
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-img_20170324_011607.jpg  

Old 24th March 2017, 17:39   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Space (& More comfort) for all means Celerio is a better option for this trip. No brainer there.

For Belgaum :
  • Fairfield by Marriott: - Bang on the highway, before Belgaum. Not bad with the current rates on popular portals too.
  • Sankam Residency: Quite a popular among BHPians, located off NH4 but not a huge detour
  • Hotel Ramdev:One of the popular hotels again, been there since many decades and have served many travelers, happily.
Sir can you please suggest some decent budget hotels for family for night halts at Hubli and Hosur?

Also while returning to Navi Mumbai from Munnar, if I take the Mysuru route then what would be the ideal route plan, night halt locations and what are the road conditions on this route?

Please advise.
Old 28th March 2017, 11:52   #2091
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ar.abc View Post
Sir can you please suggest some decent budget hotels for family for night halts at Hubli and Hosur?
For Hosur:

Quote:
Your best bet is Hosur and there are quite a few options that folks here recommend. One of them of course is Sarovar Portico located bang on the highway.
For Hubli:

1. Clarks Inn

2. The President Hotel

Quote:
Also while returning to Navi Mumbai from Munnar, if I take the Mysuru route then what would be the ideal route plan, night halt locations and what are the road conditions on this route?

Please advise.
From Mysore to Mumbai, the most ideal route is avoiding Bangalore and that means you do:

Mysore - Srirangapattana - Pandavapura - Nagamangala - Nelligere - Thuruvekere - Kibbanahalli Cross - Huliyar - Hiriyur (Refer Map)

The above route consists of 200 kms of single lane but remains n good condition albeit regular speed breakers passing villages and towns and has lesser traffic too.

Remember that all this 200 kms won't have any good break points except Mayura which is only 2+ kms detour but worth the break.

So by taking this route from Mysore, you will hit the Bangalore-Mumbai Highway at Hiriyur, ~150 Kms North of Bangalore from where its the usual route for you till you reach your destination.

And based on the progress that you make, you can decide to stay at Davanagere or Hubli or Belgaum or Kolhapur.

Revised tolls at Khedshivpur and Anewadi Toll Plaza, effective 1st April :
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-toll-revision.jpg

As you notice, there is a 5 INR Increase from the earlier figure at both these Tolls.

Courtesy: Indian Express, Pune Edition, Page 05
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2017, 20:13   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
For Hosur:

For Hubli:

1. Clarks Inn

2. The President Hotel

Revised tolls at Khedshivpur and Anewadi Toll Plaza, effective 1st April :
Attachment 1623754

As you notice, there is a 5 INR Increase from the earlier figure at both these Tolls.

Courtesy: Indian Express, Pune Edition, Page 05
Thank you sir! Really appreciate. No. of people travelling may increase and in that case we might be taking both the cars, the celerio and the alto. Only 2 people may be occupying the alto and 4 in celerio. That is not final yet.

Any idea about fitting a rooftop luggage carrier on the celerio (not the Thule one, its too costly!). I was planning to have one so it might help in outstation trips. Do they drill holes to fit a rooftop carrier? I have no idea about any damage that may be caused to the roof structure/metal sheet or compromise the water tightness of the roof. Any idea/suggestion about good garages that can do the job? Thanks.
Old 28th March 2017, 21:07   #2093
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea about fitting a rooftop luggage carrier on the celerio (not the Thule one, its too costly!). I was planning to have one so it might help in outstation trips. Do they drill holes to fit a rooftop carrier? I have no idea about any damage that may be caused to the roof structure/metal sheet or compromise the water tightness of the roof. Any idea/suggestion about good garages that can do the job? Thanks.
Most luggage carrier come with clamp and for fitment you don't drill holes.

It's easy fitting and when not needed you can remove that with few basic tools like the right sized spanner.

They will be available in plenty in Mumbai, thanks to these fitted on "Kaali-Peeli" Taxis (Santro, i10, Eeco etc) and would cost you anywhere between 5 and 7k.

Most accessories shop wiIl have these and will also fit them
Old 29th March 2017, 08:59   #2094
BHPian

All, Going to Dandeli on last week of April... we are group of 20+ people in multiple cars including ladies and kids.. which will be ideal breakfast point on the way if we start from Bangalore,Nelamangala toll by 4am morning...?
Old 29th March 2017, 09:09   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshK View Post
All, Going to Dandeli on last week of April... we are group of 20+ people in multiple cars including ladies and kids.. which will be ideal breakfast point on the way if we start from Bangalore,Nelamangala toll by 4am morning...?
Go to the first post of this thread and you will get all (most) of the options including Gmap location links.

With 0400 at Nelamangala, Mysore Café at Chitradurga will be too early. I say that because when I drove Aurangabad a week back with a 0430 start, the shutters were half open at 0630am.

However, based on your pace, progress and any delays, you can opt for this place.

https://goo.gl/maps/3mXTWF7s4H72

If this is early, your next options are :

Apoorva Resorts (yes they serve breakfast) which will another 45m ahead before Davanagere Bypass

Kamat Upachar, at the beginning of Ranabennur Bypass and 2 kms after Chalagere toll after crossing Harihar.
Old 30th March 2017, 10:50   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Only 2 people may be occupying the alto and 4 in celerio. That is not final yet.

Any idea about fitting a rooftop luggage carrier on the celerio (not the Thule one, its too costly!)
For better aero dynamics etc., it might be better to avoid it. Since the second car may take only 2, the back seat of it can be used for luggage
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 14:47   #2097
BHPian

Folks!

Quick question: My B-I-L is driving down from Pune to Bangalore and was planning to take a break for the day around Davanagere. Can you suggest some good places that they can use as a night halt for a family?

On another note, if Davanagere is not a good location for a night halt and if they should stop early (Hubbali?) feel free to suggest that as well.

Thanks
R-Six

Last edited by R-Six : 4th April 2017 at 14:49. Reason: Added another note.
Old 4th April 2017, 15:03   #2098
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Six View Post
Can you suggest some good places that they can use as a night halt for a family?
Davanagere has a newish hotel - Sankama The Boutique Hotel (see earlier posts by Klub class and Parag). Apporva resorts is very expensive, I don't think it's worth it for a night halt on a long journey.

At Hubli - Sankam Residency is good.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 16:58   #2099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Apporva resorts is very expensive, I don't think it's worth it for a night halt on a long journey.
I so agree now. On quiet a few occasions, Apoorva has showed some really exorbitant rates which in no way justifies the cost paid only for a night halt.

Sankama makes an excellent option that way. New, Tried and tested and above all, very easily approachable from both directions (600 meters off Highway) compared to the super long service road (in not so good condition) that one needs to take to reach Apoorva is you are driving in Southern direction and take the same road again to make a U-Turn to get back onto the Highway towards Bangalore.

Quote:
At Hubli - Sankam Residency is good.
I am sure that is a typo? You certainly meant Belgaum and not Hubli.

At Hubli, there are many choices - President, Clarks Inn, Ayodhya etc and this is about 2.5 hours max before Hubli.

Last edited by paragsachania : 4th April 2017 at 17:27.
Old 4th April 2017, 19:09   #2100
BHPian

Toll rates hiked at Kognoli (+10 for cars ) , Hattargi ( +00 ) and Hirebagewadi (+05 ) toll plazas on Dharwad-Belgaum-Kolhapur stretch of NH4 from April 1st '17.

Source - https://allaboutbelgaum.com/news/new...ewadi-hatargi/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks