Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th May 2007, 22:48   #136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
i overlooked black becoz it need more maintenance hence i got red color

red is best option in aveo for person who is not looking for formal color.
hey kamy.. post pics of your new red hot babe!
Old 28th May 2007, 10:19   #137
BHPian

Had compared the SX4 Vxi with the Verna Xi. Didnt see any feature on the SX4 Vxi that the Verna Xi didnt have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by balaji_n29 View Post
Victor, why haven't you considered SX4 VXi in this list. Has lot to offer than the other 3 cars in terms of features and size. Certainly worth taking a good look at.

Balaji
Old 28th May 2007, 16:39   #138
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I just joined this forum a few days ago and happened to see this thread today.
I have bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March 2001 and have spent nothing so far on it in the first servicing, except Rs 3822 for Waxoyl exterior coating.
I am getting around 10-13 km in Hyderabad city driving with AC on. I get immense pleasure while driving this car--even reviews have mentioned about this.
As regards those going for Verna, I have read the postings in Orkut by Verna community that the mileage in petrol version is around 9 to 11 only.
This apart, most Vernas have a problem with the left back door and oil leakage, and all with poor headlights--it appears they are just as powerful as Santro's lights. Please visit this community and take an informed decision.
As regards looks, I feel Aveo is the best, followed by Fiesta. Verna's front grill and short boot have spoilt its looks. Even sx4 is not a great looker from the front.
My theory on looks is---if you like the looks of Hrithik Roshan and James Dean, then you will like the American cars. Instead, if Hirihito and Yamaguchi's looks give you a thrill, then sx4 and Verna will please you!
Looks apart, things like FE, handling, gear shift, GC also count. So please take a test drive and decide yourself---after all, one man's meat is another's poison !
Old 28th May 2007, 18:28   #139
BHPian

fiesta ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys, I just joined this forum a few days ago and happened to see this thread today.
I have bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March 2001 !
I dont think fiesta was launched in 2001 ?? i guess it is typo?
Old 28th May 2007, 21:58   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post

Sure sir ... your request taken care here you go amazing car !!! will provide details on one week drive shortly

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-848.html
Old 29th May 2007, 10:17   #141
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think fiesta was launched in 2001 ?? i guess it is typo?
Either fiesta is a typo OR year 2001
Old 29th May 2007, 11:49   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Sure sir ... your request taken care here you go amazing car !!! will provide details on one week drive shortly

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-848.html
Hi kamy, Many Congratulations on your new Aveo.
she looks hot!

we can also see the new speedometer of aveo 2007.
Old 29th May 2007, 11:56   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
Dctech,

You can see the new dashboard picture in my gallery.... its changed one....
Old 29th May 2007, 11:57   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Either fiesta is a typo OR year 2001
I suppose he is referring fiesta the way he gave description and compared it my chevy and verna
Old 29th May 2007, 13:28   #145
BHPian

Any views on this?

Hey.. anybody have any views on the below?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I have bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6 sxi in March 2001 and have spent nothing so far on it in the first servicing, except Rs 3822 for Waxoyl exterior coating.
I am getting around 10-13 km in Hyderabad city driving with AC on. I get immense pleasure while driving this car--even reviews have mentioned about this.
As regards those going for Verna, I have read the postings in Orkut by Verna community that the mileage in petrol version is around 9 to 11 only.
This apart, most Vernas have a problem with the left back door and oil leakage, and all with poor headlights--it appears they are just as powerful as Santro's lights. Please visit this community and take an informed decision.
As regards looks, I feel Aveo is the best, followed by Fiesta. Verna's front grill and short boot have spoilt its looks. Even sx4 is not a great looker from the front.
My theory on looks is---if you like the looks of Hrithik Roshan and James Dean, then you will like the American cars. Instead, if Hirihito and Yamaguchi's looks give you a thrill, then sx4 and Verna will please you!
Looks apart, things like FE, handling, gear shift, GC also count. So please take a test drive and decide yourself---after all, one man's meat is another's poison !
Old 29th May 2007, 14:08   #146
Senior - BHPian

Sorry, it was a typo. I bought a Ford Fiesta 1.6sxi in March, 2007 !!
Old 30th May 2007, 10:50   #147

AVEO Base- the Big question

Hi All,

I have been going through the posts here..for a few days now. I need some advice on the following-

1. My shortlisted car is AVEO Base Model. My drive is around 150 KMS in a week. Is this a right choice.

2. I would be graduating to an AVEO straight from a Maruti 800 (2001 -Five Gear Model). Now driving such a big car in city (Delhi) + parking..would this all be manageable.

3. Now the big question...can I afford to pay the EMI at current salary of 45 K per month...( 10 K rent, 4 K Personal Loan fixed every month )
Old 30th May 2007, 11:24   #148
Senior - BHPian

1>.With regards to car buying yes you do not need a diesel car.

2>. I dont think cars like the aveo would be problematic to drive and park even in delhi,definitely manageable.

3>. With regards to EMI,if the thumbrule is to followed then you should not go in for a car right now since already 14k/month and even a 4 lakh loan for the car works out to an EMI of about 9000 per month which means you are paying about 50% of your salary for EMI's is not not advisable.
Old 30th May 2007, 11:59   #149
BHPian

base model

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tough_luk View Post
Hi All,

I have been going through the posts here..for a few days now. I need some advice on the following-

1. My shortlisted car is AVEO Base Model. My drive is around 150 KMS in a week. Is this a right choice.

2. I would be graduating to an AVEO straight from a Maruti 800 (2001 -Five Gear Model). Now driving such a big car in city (Delhi) + parking..would this all be manageable.

3. Now the big question...can I afford to pay the EMI at current salary of 45 K per month...( 10 K rent, 4 K Personal Loan fixed every month )

1. For 150 km a week thats means everyday approx 20-22 kms then petrol vehicle is fine with you.

2. well if u are looking for comfort and looks then this car is rocking, you can have a look at my car pics .... i drive in bangalore traffic is well known here but some times yes parking is problem ....as compared to maruti rest all is fun

3. EMI well thats something u have to see how much u can spare on EMI side... your saving your other expenses all matter you know... so you have to review your earning and expenses... that should give you answer...
Old 30th May 2007, 12:13   #150
Distinguished - BHPian

Agree with Rahul.

If your loan amount is 4 Lakhs as maximum ( meaning you have the moolah to the tune of 2 lakhs+ to shell down rightaway) then you can still contemplate of taking the plunge provided you get a 45K take home salary and do not have other major expenses ( also consider emergency expenses and also if you think you can rely on someone ( read dad, mom etc) for these emergency expenses then you can go for it

Bottomline is your the one who knows best if you can repay the loan and manage your expenses and if you feel confident then go ahead.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks