Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2007, 15:15   #121
BHPian

Hi Guys.. sorry for not replying earlier.. Was out of town.. Just to update all of you - I am going to book a car in the next 10 days... after test drives, I am leaning more towards the Verna petrol Xi model. The Aveo I drove wasnt too hot. Not sure whether it was the new one in which GM has worked on the glitches. A concern I have is that the verna's mileage seems to be the worst amount the aveo and fiesta. I have heard figures from 8kms to 11kms. Would be grateful if you guys could let me know if you have any first hand news on verna mileage. (P.S: Looks like Aveo is really offering some good deals, eh? Think I should take a relook at it?)
Old 21st May 2007, 15:33   #122
BHPian

Correction

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
he told me he can arrange ivory gold in LS for Rs 9,000 ovr n above LS price.
Can smbdy post pics of Aveo in Ivory Gold.. cant find it on net.
Its not 9000k its 5600 above exshowroom price for ivory gold....

and this price can not vary from city to city i have pricelist with me in hand i confirmed from it and giving u reference.

ther is a good deal you can beg in LS version if you work for corporate. Try it out too. Not much diff in Ls and base if u get right on deal
Old 21st May 2007, 16:25   #123
BHPian

Hi Guys.. sorry for not replying earlier.. Was out of town.. Just to update all of you - I am going to book a car in the next 10 days... after test drives, I am leaning more towards the Verna petrol Xi model. The Aveo I drove wasnt too hot. Not sure whether it was the new one in which GM has worked on the glitches. A concern I have is that the verna's mileage seems to be the worst amount the aveo and fiesta. I have heard figures from 8kms to 11kms. Would be grateful if you guys could let me know if you have any first hand news on verna mileage. (P.S: Looks like Aveo is really offering some good deals, eh? Think I should take a relook at it?)
Old 21st May 2007, 16:36   #124
BHPian

@victor0012, what is the on-road price of Verna Xi?
Have they started offering cash discount?
Old 21st May 2007, 17:24   #125
BHPian

deals on Aveo...

Thats very much true...

About good deal on Aveo...

You can get some amazing deal that too Cash.... Better if u r working for A listed corporate company You can get along a good fight on Dealwith sales guy ...

I guess u took test ride of old version aveo...

New version is quite impressive ,,... though person to person it differs

Old 23rd May 2007, 13:18   #126
BHPian

mileage of verna

The ex-showroon price here is 6.47 lakhs + tax, insurance and 5000 bucks as delivery charges. No cash discounts. Infact no discounts at all - nothing even in kind. What I heard is that they give 4000 in accessories. Any of you heard differently?

Also what about mileage of the verna xi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
@victor0012, what is the on-road price of Verna Xi?
Have they started offering cash discount?
Old 23rd May 2007, 20:56   #127
BHPian

Color wont fade

Well, I didnt say or accept its not a nice car what I stated that Aveo may not be the nicest car (Accoording to some ppl) becoz it has got some small issues too, like any other car. no car is perect. one chooses a car which best suits his purpose and budget.

I am driving it since 8 months and I am satisfied. ofcourse I wud love to get the FE of NHC but then I dont want that poor ground clearance and huge price of it. I also wish for Fiesta's handling but I dont like its back seat and the A.S.S of ford.....etc etc... every car has got its plus and minus. I am being very frank abt my car too.

Aveo's gearshift is a concern for many as its not as smooth among its league (Mine is the older Aveo) although I am now habitual of its gearshift. Engine is little sluggish when on AC(mine is just 1.4 not 1.6). no more concerns... and friends its not that i realised all this after buying and using. I knew it all b4 booking it coz I still found it VFM with all those goodies in 1.4LS

Red is the best color I must say. mine is as good and shining as it was when i bought. I dont think it will fade. I will post some pics soon

so dont worry... its a good city car...

-ashu

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
dear Ashu

why u said it is not nicest car in market? just wanna know reason behind this statement curious

one more thing i have chosen blazing red color too

how is this color ? hope it doesnt fade after some time pls share your views as you already own it

in between i am from jaipur too
Old 24th May 2007, 00:03   #128
nbr
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu2025 View Post
Red is the best color I must say. mine is as good and shining as it was when i bought. I dont think it will fade. I will post some pics soon

-ashu
IMO, one should go for BLACK along with tasty alloys.It loks more sexier than ac ity/optra
Old 24th May 2007, 00:13   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr View Post
IMO, one should go for BLACK along with tasty alloys.It loks more sexier than ac ity/optra
Agreed but Red is also eye catcher color black is bit tough to maintain....my personal view
Old 24th May 2007, 10:10   #130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
Agreed but Red is also eye catcher color black is bit tough to maintain....my personal view
Red is hot and sexy and black gets dirty more often than it looks sexy
Old 24th May 2007, 10:18   #131

verna dude. much better than fiesta and aveo in almost all respects. i think its more driveable too. that is if you can put up with that front look.
Old 25th May 2007, 14:50   #132
BHPian

mileage of verna xi

Any idea on the actual mileage of the verna xi?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron_man View Post
verna dude. much better than fiesta and aveo in almost all respects. i think its more driveable too. that is if you can put up with that front look.
Old 25th May 2007, 16:29   #133
BHPian

Victor, why haven't you considered SX4 VXi in this list. Has lot to offer than the other 3 cars in terms of features and size. Certainly worth taking a good look at.

Balaji
Old 25th May 2007, 16:37   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
black gets dirty more often than it looks sexy
I do agree that black gets dirty more often than it looks sexy. But if you have someone coming and washing your car on a daily basis, there is nothing more sexier than a black car. If not, settle for a red or silver or whatever.
Old 26th May 2007, 16:11   #135
BHPian

i got blazing red

i overlooked black becoz it need more maintenance hence i got red color

red is best option in aveo for person who is not looking for formal color.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks