Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2007, 16:02   #91
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor0012 View Post
Verna I
Pros: Decent interiors. Good car to drive. Responsive engine. Shock absorbers felt decent. Good braking.
Cons: Again will have to go for the XI model for the goodies 6.5 lakhs).
Hi Victor!

Are mentioning ex-showroom price? My friend brought Verna Xi last month for 7.2 onroad. If it is 6.5 on-road, it is a good bargain.

Regards,
Mohan.
Old 14th May 2007, 17:24   #92
BHPian

Thanks mobike008, booked an aveo today.. now I'm confused b/w d colors.. though nt much to choose from.
Black/red/Cashmere r my choice.. wht u say?
Old 15th May 2007, 16:01   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcetech View Post
Thanks mobike008, booked an aveo today.. now I'm confused b/w d colors.. though nt much to choose from.
Black/red/Cashmere r my choice.. wht u say?
Congratulations ! Look forward to an initial report after you drive it around for a few days.

Go for red, it looks really hot
Black is too tough to maintain ( unless you have a guy taking care of it daily),
cashmere is a very formal color.
Old 15th May 2007, 16:44   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Congratulations ! Look forward to an initial report after you drive it around for a few days.

Go for red, it looks really hot
Black is too tough to maintain ( unless you have a guy taking care of it daily),
cashmere is a very formal color.
Red booked!

Thanks mobike008
Old 15th May 2007, 18:20   #95
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Red booked!

Thanks mobike008
Wow that was quick. I hope you like that color too or you may curse me later

Do post the pics after the delivery of the car. Also which variant you booked? 1.4 LS or base version?
Old 15th May 2007, 19:12   #96
BHPian

Congratulations & I must say, its a good choice !!! For 6 point something, Aveo is a very good car. Enjoy & do post your feedback on the car. Not much to worry about gear-shift, you will get used to it !!
Old 15th May 2007, 20:12   #97
BHPian

Booked Booked Booked !!

Frens Booked Aveo 1.4 LS

lemme tell you something GM has worked on gearshift, AC and made interior much better then before cars from feb production hav this changes.. So buyers please be cautious if your dealer gives you old aveo as they have in stock pending too i got this information from internal resources and insisted on changed version. Which i am gettting it shortly

I have reviewed fiesta verna and city ..... my frens have all these cars but you will be surprised that aveo changed one came on top of the list this was admired by fiesta fren also .... its really value for money

mileage is something equal to fiesta. gear shift has been rectifed now , ac metrice has been increased to 1.3 from 1.2 so its perfect now...

it has got everything better then verna fiesta as per my need. engine responsivesness was concern raised at some threads but its not really at that level to some extent yes it is .. but you cant get all in one car right !!

above said are my views as per my need hence no offence pls !!

On more thing music system i havent evaluated but i am sure it wont be that good
Old 15th May 2007, 20:16   #98
BHPian

views changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashu2025 View Post
Well, in my opinion the major reason for not seeing many Aveos on indian roads is the lack of Diesel Variant. Actually Fiesta Petrols are also selling almost same figures (800-900 units a month). It is the Fiesta Diesel which is steering the overall sales of Fiesta brand in india. Lately the mentality and choices of indian car buyers have changed towards the new age refined diesal engines for their excellent FE and great power delivery.

Another reason may be that GM isnt very apt in advertising their brands. I a month, I hardly see only one 1/4 or 1/8 size newspaper ad of GM brands in statelevel newspapers in Jaipur city whereas Ford has kind of reserved specific 1/4 size pages almost daily for the Fiesta Diet Diesel campaign. same is true for TV ads too.

I know ads alone cant push a car into success. still they do make a difference. here in Jaipur many ppl dont even know abt Optras or Aveos but they are crazy that their someone's Fiesta diesel gives 21-23 kms/l in city.
these days i am seeing good number of aveos on road
reason is ownership reports coming from initial users and recent changes done in aveo to make it far better then befoe !! guys check out changed aveo drive and feel the new stuff !!

victor did u drove new version or 2006 one dealers fool around which showroom u went ? i am from bangalore too and booked aveo recently ...

drive the new changed version and see , feel changes do update me i found good changes in gear shift ac and interiors

though dealers will not claim that as they wanna clear stocks...
Old 15th May 2007, 22:57   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamy450 View Post
these days i am seeing good number of aveos on road
reason is ownership reports coming from initial users and recent changes done in aveo to make it far better then befoe !! guys check out changed aveo drive and feel the new stuff !!
yep I'm also seeing a good number of aveos on road now.. obviously less than fiesta.. in the ratio fiesta:aveo :: 3:1.. but tht's only bcoz of diesel fiesta.. n dnt forget its been more than 2yrs the fiesta was launched.

Found nt much probs with gearshift in test drive car..(2200kms).. though I agree initial pick-up is nt tht great. But as we know, there's no perfect car!
Old 15th May 2007, 23:16   #100
BHPian

how to check manufactured date

Quote:
though dealers will not claim that as they wanna clear stocks...
how can I know that my yet to be delivered aveo is manufactured after feb or so..? Is there any manufactured date on chassis/engine?
Old 15th May 2007, 23:23   #101
BHPian

i agree to you if aveo has diesal engine then it will give a strong challenge to ford folks.... initial pickup gets bit better after first service ... VGIS engine charterstics ....... but over all acceptable pickup ... this car is mainly for city drive... i see it as best sedan to drive in city...... i have booked blazing red color lets see how this color is after a yer or two...
Old 15th May 2007, 23:34   #102
BHPian

check your model month and year

Quote:
how can I know that my yet to be delivered aveo is manufactured after feb or so..? Is there any manufactured date on chassis/engine?
Its easy follow two check

When you open the bonnet check for chasis number you will see in mid of the number series H7 coming if its H7 then its 2007 model if its H6 then its 2006 models

just below that column there will be one more column there u will see something like this B6 this means feb2006 for march 2007 it will be c7

Got it sir

check and purchase i saw some ppl getting 2006 model too
Old 16th May 2007, 11:34   #103
BHPian

thanx kamy450.
will make sure, its not manufactured before March 2007.
Old 17th May 2007, 05:55   #104
BANNED

Quote:

When you open the bonnet check for chasis number you will see in mid of the number series H7 coming if its H7 then its 2007 model if its H6 then its 2006 models

just below that column there will be one more column there u will see something like this B6 this means feb2006 for march 2007 it will be c7

Got it sir

Will this same trick work for all the cars ?
Old 17th May 2007, 10:41   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Got it sir

Another way to see which model your getting is to check the tyres and it clearly has a month printed on it. For e.g : if your taking delivery of the car in May, then the month printed on the tyre should not be more than 3 months ( Feb07 or Mar07).

Lesser the better, means its the latest stock.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks