Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2015, 15:50   #136
BHPian

2014 manufactured Ertiga with discount or wait for Upcoming facelift

Hi,

I am planning to buy Ertiga diesel. Dealers in Kolkata are giving upto 40k cash discounts on the 2014 manufactured Ertiga. I am confused as should I buy the existing one or wait for the upcoming facelifted version.
On one hand I am getting hefty discount and at the other side I would be gaining on features and some sporty look with increased ex-showroom price possibly. I am quite okay with the current model and features except the Tail lamp design. Can anyone provide links/images of any Tail lamp modification for the facelifted version.

Please suggest which would be a better buy. I need to finalise at the earliest incase I opt for the 2014 model as stocks are limited.

Thanks so much in advance for your comments/suggestion

Thanks
Subhojit
Old 9th January 2015, 23:02   #137
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by subhojitb View Post
Hi,

I am planning to buy Ertiga diesel. Dealers in Kolkata are giving upto 40k cash discounts on the 2014 manufactured Ertiga.

Please suggest which would be a better buy. I need to finalise at the earliest incase I opt for the 2014 model as stocks are limited.
It all depends on how urgently you need the car! If you can wait till March-April 2015 the facelift Ertiga will be launched. If not settle for the current model with discounts.

No such pictures till now of the tail lamp change in the refresh model. Not much change would be seen IMO.

'Waiting' is a better option as for the features you'll get (hopefully something worth is added) + resale value.

Last edited by a4anurag : 9th January 2015 at 23:04.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2015, 23:59   #138
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 manufactured Ertiga with discount or wait for Upcoming facelift

Quote:

Thanks so much in advance for your comments/suggestion

Thanks
Subhojit
The amount you will save in terms of discount will be exceeded by the amount you will loose in resale value (2014 - last year & pre-facelift model will further lower its resale).

As Anurag pointed, if there is no urgency for a car then definitely you should wait and get the new model.
bluevolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 08:29   #139
Distinguished - BHPian

I have not seen the pictures of the facelifted Ertiga but usually Maruti's facelifts are more in the line with "spot the differences" kind of puzzles. Even the fully revamped models like the new swift hardly look anything but new in respect to the external design. Hence my advice would be to opt for the older car with discount.
drmohitg is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 08:45   #140
Distinguished - BHPian

Based on the below link exterior changes are cosmetic and Major interior changes are the addition of ACC and updation of the infotainment unit. If the ACC is an important feature for you make sense to wait.

http://www.team-bhp.com/news/maruti-suzuki-ertiga-facelift-spied-minimal-camouflage
Rajeevraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2015, 10:26   #141
Senior - BHPian

There could be, perhaps, captain seats on the second row for the face-lifted top end model. But prices would in all likely be higher.
But if you are getting the 2014 model in the old price and with added discounts, then settle for it.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:26   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I am planning to buy Ertiga diesel. Dealers in Kolkata are giving upto 40k cash discounts on the 2014 manufactured Ertiga. I am confused as should I buy the existing one or wait for the upcoming facelifted version.
Thanks
Subhojit
As all of them said, if you have an urgency then go for it. Discounts are juicy and since it's 2014 model, excise duty hike won't be applicable. So inclusive of all you will probably be saving around 70K or more. But the facelift ( albeit minor one) will arrive in next couple of months and then the resale value will be low for your 2014 model car. Another thing is the new car feel. Say if you buy now and after a month or so a refresh model comes out. If you don't feel jealous of that or say you don't repent for that then you are good to go now. Financially I think both make sense. In new model you are getting hiked price+no discount+better resale whereas in current model you're getting lower price+discount+poor resale. So in the end I think the effect will be the same.

Last edited by Carpainter : 12th January 2015 at 12:28.
Old 12th January 2015, 12:35   #143
BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries here

Considering the major changes are only cosmetic you could go for the 2014 car. Try and ask for more discounts. The dealer surely needs to clear the stock before the facelift comes in.
Old 14th January 2015, 17:57   #144
BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries here

Really sorry for replying late. Was down with viral fever.
Thanks a4anurag, bluevolt, drmohitg, Rajeevraj, rajeev k, Carpainter, kartavya for your valuable comments. The dealer is doing the calcualation based on enhanced ex-showroom price and not on the old price and then providing the discount which makes the 2014 model deal not very lucrative. Have decided to wait for the upcoming facelift for some minor sporty styling, updated infotainment system and keeping my fingers crossed for a better looking tail lamp design if MS provides that
Any idea whether it will be launched by Apr-May timeframe? DEalers are saying not before 1 year. They are into sales as you know.
Thanks
Subhojit
Old 20th January 2016, 12:55   #145
BHPian

I am looking at buying a Honda CBR250R Std. for my brother and inquired with 3 Honda dealers here in Nashik who all have only 2015 manufactured bikes with them. They are quite reluctant to accept booking for a 2016 manufactured bike with the new colors which is obvious as they might be eager to clear off the old stocks first.

Is it recommended to go for 2015 model which is readily available or shall I insist on booking a 2016 manufactured bike? Also, do year change discounts apply on two wheelers as well just like they do for cars? My query about discount on 2015 model with one of the dealers was immediately shot down citing some silly excuse hence the posting the question here.

Could not find any other relevant thread for this query hence posting here as I also read few posts about Hero Impulse in this thread. Please move it to the appropriate section if needed. Thanks in advance!
Old 30th March 2017, 18:24   #146
BHPian

I just got an offer for a 2016 Honda City SV CVT at 90k discount plus reverse camera. The SA said its month of manufacture of Dec 15, 2016. I was expecting the month and year without a specific reference to a date, in this case, 15. Would anyone on the forum know if that's the case? Or is he confusing me with the date the car arrived at his dealership?
Old 30th March 2017, 19:24   #147
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Content Reactor View Post
I just got an offer for a 2016 Honda City SV CVT at 90k discount plus reverse camera. The SA said its month of manufacture of Dec 15, 2016. I was expecting the month and year without a specific reference to a date, in this case, 15. Would anyone on the forum know if that's the case? Or is he confusing me with the date the car arrived at his dealership?
It would be best if you can check the VIN yourself by going to the Stockyard, and decoding it, rather than take his word for it.
I have personally not come across VIN which has exact day/date of manufacture.
abhishek46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2021, 16:21   #148

Hey Peeps...I am planning in buying a RENAULT DUSTER 1.3 Turbo XTRONIC. The dealer says he can offer a 2020 model with special discounts and also in a color that I prefer. He says he has only white in the RXZ variant(Top end).

Could you please advise if I can go for it and if you see any risks in doing this...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks