Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 23:02   #121
BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries he

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Do ask them to give you Form 22 so that you'll know when it was manufactured and if possible the VIN no of this car.
Yes, I did and got only a part of it. I should be getting complete VIN, Chasis no and engine no tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zwift1819 View Post
Hi
As you said you can change car every 3 years then go in forthe December 2012 ertiga. With respect to any problems with car buy the extended warranty package you can be in peace of mind for the next 4 years.
Secondly bargain like hell with the sales guy. At least try to get a discount of 50000. Last but no least take a test drive of the car to ascertain any faults if any.
Yeah, I got a total of 50K and good discount in accessories. I did a PDI and found it to be in good condition. Dealer said it was manufactured in Dec 27/28 2012.
Quote:
Originally Posted by h@r$h@l View Post
I would say pick up the 2013 Ertiga.

The one lying in their yard is not of an odd color that i wasn't picked up earlier. And if the dealer says it arrived only in Feb 2013, has he not sold any ertiga since then? White is a common and one of the fastest selling color in most car segments. Have heard of odd colors not being sold for a couple of months. eg. when i bought my Punto the tuscon wine color wasn't very popular (let aside the fact Punto itself wasn't a popular car), The dealer had Oct 2012 car in their yard much longer than other shades of Oct 2012 batch & hence i was able to manage extra discounts.

So either the dealer is not telling you the 100% truth behind the car or may be they weren't offering enough discounts on it earlier only to realize now that its about time and they need to get rid of the 2012 made car.

Ask the dealer to show you the car and you inspect it inside out and if you think its all in place, try squeeze in as much as discount as you can.

Regards,
Discounts and lower EMI I found the car is in good shape with no damages, etc... I could also do a small drive in the stockyard and found it to be good condition.
Old 23rd July 2013, 03:21   #122
BHPian

Buying a previous year manufactured Impulse.

I am looking at buying a Hero Impulse, but all the dealers in Hyderabad have only Feb/April 2012 manufactured bikes, they say they are clearing old stock and no bikes have been manufactured in 2013, not sure how true this is. How can this be verified? I tried sending an e-mail to Hero motors but got no response.

My concen is that these bikes have been lying idle in stockyard for almost a year and half, how would this effect the engine and the bike itself?

Any help is appreciated.
Old 23rd July 2013, 04:05   #123
BHPian

Bikes lying idle, I dont know if that is a reason to panic. If they are unused, I think they are good enough.
Opinions of auto-archiologist experts needed here.
Old 23rd July 2013, 06:19   #124
Senior - BHPian

Re: Buying a previous year manufactured Impulse.

No effect on the engin though, however I would get the rubber parts changed since they harden. Especially the diaphragm inside the carb, which is expensive.
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:23   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
No effect on the engin though, however I would get the rubber parts changed since they harden. Especially the diaphragm inside the carb, which is expensive.
Nice point. And that photo of psyduck gave me nostalgia and all. Hehe

And one thing I would ask, is it advisable to service the bike right off the showroom? Because of service intervals like x year/ xx km, which ever comes earlier.
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:37   #126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmad.007 View Post
And one thing I would ask, is it advisable to service the bike right off the showroom? Because of service intervals like x year/ xx km, which ever comes earlier.
Not needed since the bike hasn't run would be my opinion. The warranty/service intervals would be applicable from the date of sale.

Forgot to mention few more points:

- Get engine oil and all other fluids changed.
- Open the tank and check the insides for rust. If you see even a small speck, demand a new tank in replacement.
- Medical kit which comes with the bike - chuck it or get new unexpired medicines.
- Check for rust on chassis thoroughly. Impulse is know for shoddy welding on the chassis. Check the exhaust end can thoroughly. Was the bike stored inside a warehouse or just exposed to all elements?
SunnyBoi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 09:43   #127

I don’t think it should be a problem. I too took a 2012 model Impulse last month in Chennai. It is good I don’t have any issues with it till now. Check for the battery, in my case it was good but one of friend was not lucky. The showroom guy told me that he needs close to half a day for PDI, but in the end when I went to take delivery I found the tool kit was missing. So perform a good self-PDI before taking delivery.

Try and get some good discount on the price, the dealer should come down quite a bit since it is a 2012 model
karthik naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 09:44   #128
Senior - BHPian

Get the showroom to replace engine oil in front of your eyes before you take the delivery and if possible, try to get a test ride of the bike you plan to buy before it goes for registration to check if everything works fine.

Ask for a heavy discount on the price since you are buying an year old bike.
Old 23rd July 2013, 12:28   #129
BHPian

Try making contact filling up the contact form at their site.

Clearly mention your location and what problem you are facing.

In my experience Hero should get back to you within 3,4 days time. I too was facing some issues when I bought my Karizma and this is what I did to get it resolved.

Hero is good but it is their lazy dealers who are creating all the problems.
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:33   #130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik naren View Post
I don’t think it should be a problem. I too took a 2012 model Impulse last month in Chennai. Try and get some good discount on the price, the dealer should come down quite a bit since it is a 2012 model
Thanks for the info, could you also tell me what kind of a discount you got, The dealer here is ready to give a 5k discount.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:18   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyrider View Post
Thanks for the info, could you also tell me what kind of a discount you got, The dealer here is ready to give a 5k discount.
I got a good discount, on-road price in Chennai was close to Rs 83,000 and we finished the deal for Rs 58,000 on-road. Couple of us planned together and made a bulk booking(around 30 bikes). That's why we got a good discount.
karthik naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 10:27   #132
BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries he

@ lazyrider : Don't go for a year and a half hibernated machine buddy. Guaranteed that the bearing would have gone stiff, the rubber parts deteriorated, the carburetor clogged and rust in fuel tank and exhaust. Most of the dealers park their bikes in the open and if this is the case, then you can expect more damage. The bike would be acceptable if the dealers drain the engine oil, clean the carburetor and dismantle every joints and assemble them after proper greasing. But the question is will they do it ? Demand a 2013 manufactured machine and if you don't get it then move on as there are lots of bike models available in the market.
regards adrian
adrian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2013, 22:52   #133
BHPian

Dear BHPians,
I am getting a Oct 2012 SX4 ZDi at nearly 1L discount.
Should I go for it?
I have seen and did a brief PDI, seems okay. Car seat plastic is still intact, run around 80kms , Dealer is quite reliable

My Doubts
1. SX4 was modified in 2013 version mostly interiors and Audio console GPS added. Front grill and auto folding orvms.
Though these things don't matter much; and aftermarket solutions are available.

2. My other option is brand new Ertiga which is almost the same price without alloys. Technically both engines are same. And 6th occupancy is very occasional

3. I plan to keep the car for at least 4 yrs , ,how much the resale will be affected?

Which will be a best buy as 50% chauffeur driven

I need your help ASAP.
Old 29th July 2013, 17:21   #134
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Dear BHPians,
Should I go for it?
I have seen and did a brief PDI, seems okay. Car seat plastic is still intact, run around 80kms , Dealer is quite reliable

My Doubts
1. SX4 was modified in 2013 version mostly interiors and Audio console GPS added. Front grill and auto folding orvms.

2. My other option is brand new Ertiga which is almost the same price without alloys. Technically both engines are same. And 6th occupancy is very occasional

3. I plan to keep the car for at least 4 yrs , ,how much the resale will be affected?

I need your help ASAP.
SX4 is a good buy, especially as you will want for bad roads. In fact I would prefer it to Ertiga any day.

In light of the fact that SX4 have a discount of around 30-50K for current models, 1L for nearly a year old model seems to have a bit of a leeway for further discounts.
Old 30th July 2013, 23:54   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkritik View Post
Dear BHPians,
Should I go for it?

My Doubts

I need your help ASAP.
I would recommend you the Ertiga, because of a much better resale value. Market value of a second hand sx4 is not more than that of dzire, but Ertiga will guarantee you a better resale. But its your decision, if the 6th occupant is rare, you may find the Sx4 better. SX4 is based on an SUV platform, hence is spacious, has a good ground clearance and large wheels. SX4 has a solid built, but I have heard some rattling issues. You may talk to an SX4 owner before finalizing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks