Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2008, 16:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Good that you came to know that its a Demo car. Now the next best thing is not to go for this car infact with this dealer itself. Buy a new car with 2008 model. It will be much better.
Old 20th March 2008, 11:43   #17
Senior - BHPian

@abhi: Drop the 2007 car. The fact of their rudeness stems from the sheer volume these gys are able to muster despite their lethargy. You can complain to the GM regarding this apathy and also to TATA motors. Do ask for a loyalty bonus too apart from the 25K discount they are offerring. He should be able to add another 10K or so to it. I too had a horrid time with the dealer at the time of delivery and I had to literally threaten physical harm to the sales team to get the matter resolved. Guess we have to live with them as "the customer is king" never did get circulated to TATA I guess.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:40   #18
BHPian

SX4 ZXi 2011 make with 5K discount or 2010 make with 20K discount?

My ordeal for purchasing a new SX4 ZXi continues after the last heartburn I had to experience - See thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...to_threadtools

I've been talking to a lot of dealers (except MyCar of course) these past few weeks - Sai Service, Chowgule, Mahalaxmi and Wonder Cars. The deals (dealer discounts) that I got from most of them were to the tune of 0 to 3.5K in accessories. The waiting period was said to be a standard "15 to 20 days minimum, Sir". After a small glitch with Mahalaxmi (I said I would insure the car on my own, Mahalaxmi said it can't be done - at the last moment .. while signing the cheque for the booking amount ), I made up my mind to go ahead and book the car with Sai Service. Spoke to the representative, called him over and signed a cheque for 20K as booking amount. The dealer discount was fixed at 5.5K in accessories.

Just today, I got a call from a team leader in the SX4 sales team for Sai Service and he explained another option that I have at my disposal - Purchase a 2010 make car (he said October/November/December - he will confirm in an hour's time from now) for an additional discount of 10K to make the total discount 15.5K. I think I can bargain and stretch it to 20K. He has assured me repeatedly that the car is in pristine condition and has not been used as a demo/test-drive vehicle at all. He has also offered to drive me down to the stockyard tomorrow morning and have the car ready for inspection and a short test-drive. He said that I can take up this option of the 2010 make car only and only if I am satisfied with everything.

One more variable to keep in mind is that there is an imminent (as per ALL the dealers I have spoken to) excise duty raise of 2% by the end of February - don't know how true this is .. does anyone have any solid information on this?. If said duty hike does come into play, and assuming that the delivery (and hence invoice) of the car would definitely be around/after mid-March, that would be a hit of around 16-17K.

So, my question is this - should I go in for -

OPTION A - Purchase 2010 make car today and insure myself against possible excise duty hike, while enjoying a 15-20K discount AND get the delivery sooner (just an added bonus).

OR

OPTION B - Wait for the 2011 make car to be delivered and invoiced in March, risk paying (2%) more and lose around 10-15K of discounts?

Thanks in anticipation.
Old 23rd February 2011, 12:55   #19
BHPian

Re: SX4 ZXi 2011 make with 5K discount or 2010 make with 20K discount?

As far as excise duty, I think this is charged the moment the car leaves factory gate and is already paid by the dealer when he receives the car in his stockyard. SO any increase in the budget will not affect the 2010 car.
2010 cars will have less re-sale value compared to 2011, but if you plan on keeping the car for 6 years or more, re-sale value should not be a constraining factor.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:01   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
As far as excise duty, I think this is charged the moment the car leaves factory gate and is already paid by the dealer when he receives the car in his stockyard. SO any increase in the budget will not affect the 2010 car.
2010 cars will have less re-sale value compared to 2011, but if you plan on keeping the car for 6 years or more, re-sale value should not be a constraining factor.
I have no plans of selling this new one off before 6 years .. this one's going to be a keeper

I understand that the excise duty will have no effect on the 2010 car .. but will hike the on-road price of the 2011 car, right? That's a net loss of 16-17K then.

UPDATE: FYI folks ... the 2010 car being discussed is an October 2010 manufacture. Could the mods update the thread title to - "SX4 ZXi 2011 make with 5K discount or Oct 2010 make with 20K discount?"

Last edited by etchemkay : 23rd February 2011 at 13:07.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Get the 2011 make and put to rest the after math of people asking why go for 2010 model

I am sure you will hold on to this car for atleast 4-5 years. So get the model which you think will suit your budget and mind.

You can definitely spend the 15 k on some accessories and drive the car for 4-5 years.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:49   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
OPTION A - Purchase 2010 make car today and insure myself against possible excise duty hike, while enjoying a 15-20K discount AND get the delivery sooner (just an added bonus).

OR

OPTION B - Wait for the 2011 make car to be delivered and invoiced in March, risk paying (2%) more and lose around 10-15K of discounts?
I don't know what your'e talking about but the last time I checked SX4 2010 model was available for around 50k discount in Gurgaon.
Old 23rd February 2011, 13:52   #23
Team-BHP Support

Stick to the 2011 model. It makes sense to have a factory fresh car on delivery. The dealer stockyards are always in neglect and long term storage takes its toll on the cars. And the difference in discount is not justifiable.
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:03   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
I don't know what your'e talking about but the last time I checked SX4 2010 model was available for around 50k discount in Gurgaon.
Whaaa ?!?! Are you serious? I will try and see how much I can stretch Sai Service. The sales guy did agree to my 15K discount request instantaneously !

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Stick to the 2011 model. It makes sense to have a factory fresh car on delivery. The dealer stockyards are always in neglect and long term storage takes its toll on the cars. And the difference in discount is not justifiable.
So, you're saying a 5 month old (in stockyard) car is not worth 20K discount? How about 50K (assuming Abhi_Auto's news is true and I can bargain my way upto 50K from Sai Service) ?
Old 23rd February 2011, 14:26   #25
Senior - BHPian

If you are one of the people who give high importance to resale value, then go for the 2011 model. It makes a difference

If you want to save that additional money, and plan to keep the car for a long period, please go in for the 2010 model. This makes more sense. 20k discount is pretty good savings, and in any case, will also significantly net off against whatever possible deprication loss you may face incase of an early sale of a 2010 model

So, 2010 it is, atleast in my opinion
Old 20th January 2012, 12:43   #26
BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries he

I was checking with Gurudev motors on used cars that they give or test drives. They have a list of unregistered cars since 2009 onwards ranging from Fabia to SUPERB. Is it advisable to settle for one from this lot as they say if these cars are registered I would be the FIRST OWNER.The cars have clocked a minimum of 13k KMS (Fabia) and a max of 33K kms (SUPERB).Please advice.
Old 20th January 2012, 13:25   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Buying a previous model year car in the current year? Post all related queries he

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
I was checking with Gurudev motors on used cars that they give or test drives. They have a list of unregistered cars since 2009 onwards ranging from Fabia to SUPERB. Is it advisable to settle for one from this lot as they say if these cars are registered I would be the FIRST OWNER.The cars have clocked a minimum of 13k KMS (Fabia) and a max of 33K kms (SUPERB).Please advice.
Unregistered cars having done 33k kms? I would suggest Run in the Opposite direction. These cars will be mostly lemons/TD/Demo cars being abused by the dealer, workers, customers. I don't see any point. Rather go for a Used car in the market and become a Second owner but a satisfied one at that!
Old 20th January 2012, 13:29   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Unregistered cars having done 33k kms? I would suggest Run in the Opposite direction. These cars will be mostly lemons/TD/Demo cars being abused by the dealer, workers, customers. I don't see any point. Rather go for a Used car in the market and become a Second owner but a satisfied one at that!
Thanks drmohitg for the clarification. I was told by the Dealer that these cars were well maintained by the company and hence I wanted to have a go at that lot of unregistered vehicles
Old 20th January 2012, 13:35   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEHU View Post
Thanks drmohitg for the clarification. I was told by the Dealer that these cars were well maintained by the company and hence I wanted to have a go at that lot of unregistered vehicles
Well think logically. Why will any company "well maintain" a 2009/2010 model car, keep running it and clock thousands of kms without even registering it and finally selling it in 2012. Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Did they tell you what these cars were being used for? 33k kms is a lot. And why suddenly now they plan to sell them?
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2012, 15:00   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Well think logically. Why will any company "well maintain" a 2009/2010 model car, keep running it and clock thousands of kms without even registering it and finally selling it in 2012. Doesn't make any sense to me whatsoever.

Did they tell you what these cars were being used for? 33k kms is a lot. And why suddenly now they plan to sell them?
I don't know how it works, but out here many dealers have now started offering test drives on cars with the red plates (trade plates?).

Most Viewed