Team-BHP > What Car? > Sedans
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: If I had to buy one of these two sedans today I will put my money on,
Swift DZire 76 23.46%
Tata Manza 248 76.54%
Voters: 324. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2010, 12:46   #31
BHPian

I bought a Dzire ZDi 14 months ago. I would buy a Dzire today again. Manza might be a looker but when it comes to VFM it is Dzire all the way. The sales figures tell the difference.
Old 25th January 2010, 12:58   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
There is a demand but 6 months waiting period is just a marketing gimmick to hide their manufacturing inefficiency.

Can you elaborate this please? Any links or basis for this?

--Sanju
Old 25th January 2010, 13:07   #33
BHPian

I would rate Dzire as a more superior car. Tata cars build quality is questionable. Maruti has a better name for itself and the car is of superior quality. However, after i searched for Manza online, i was shocked to see the features it comes with! I wouldnt be surprised if the climatronic A/C switch or the electric boot lever come off within a few months of driving! Once a Tata, always a Tata. No offence.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:46   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post

Manza have proven engines,

FYKI, the Swift ran on G series engine which was a stonker. The sales of the car over the years speaks. The present Swift uses K series which does duty on the Ritz, I am sure you would have read a lot about the engine in many of the threads here.
As for diesel, the swift runs on the acclaimed Fiat engines.
Old 25th January 2010, 13:51   #35
BHPian

"acclaimed" FIAT engines are there in the Manza too (both petrol and diesel!)
Old 25th January 2010, 14:01   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjalihal View Post
I would rate Dzire as a more superior car. Tata cars build quality is questionable. Maruti has a better name for itself and the car is of superior quality. However, after i searched for Manza online, i was shocked to see the features it comes with! I wouldnt be surprised if the climatronic A/C switch or the electric boot lever come off within a few months of driving! Once a Tata, always a Tata. No offence.
Such things happen with all cars. Most Maruti parts are very flimsy especially on the lower end cars. Such logic dosen't make the Dzire a better car. Maruti's name is only built on A.S.S. Also Tata's is not bad, just rough around the edges. They are pretty good.I had a Tata car for 31/2 years and not once faced any issues with the product quality. The Manza is a far better car than the one I had.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:16   #37
BANNED

I would say this is a tough fight. Both have their +ves and -ves. As an automobile, the Manza is a fuller, mature product but plagued by TATA *** and the general nervousness about owning a TATA product.
The Dzire is just a Swift with a boot but wins in areas like customer satisfaction, *** and ownership experience.
Yes, the Manza remains a better automobile among the two while owning the Dzire is/would most likely be a better experience.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:16   #38
Senior - BHPian

@sachinj12 well, I never said DZire don’t run on proven engines - DZire do have proven track record when it come to engines, and when it comes to diesel, well, both runs on the national engine

@rjalihal: 'Once a Tata, always a Tata. No offence' - I would like to disagree here a bit. Having had my share of experiences with different generation of Tata cars, I can confidently tell you that Tata has done lot of improvements to quality of the parts and their A$$. I do not say that Tata have ironed out all the issues in the new cars, but they are definitely leagues ahead of the older cars from Tatas stable.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:18   #39
BHPian

Supply of engines

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinaydas View Post
dzire any day.
the 6 month + waiting period it self answers the question.
Dear Vinay, as discussed in other threads also, I completely agree the Dzire is selling really well. But the waiting period is due to issues between Fiat and Maruti wrt the engines and not only because of the demand.
Old 25th January 2010, 14:22   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
I would say this is a tough fight. Both have their +ves and -ves. As an automobile, the Manza is a fuller, mature product but plagued by TATA *** and the general nervousness about owning a TATA product.
The Dzire is just a Swift with a boot but wins in areas like customer satisfaction, *** and ownership experience.
Yes, the Manza remains a better automobile among the two while owning the Dzire is/would most likely be a better experience.
I think those words sum up the entire discussion here.
Old 25th January 2010, 18:27   #41
Senior - BHPian

@ aggoswami,

your assumptions about safety are very biased,

Firstly, if Tata can get the Nano to get a 4 star NCAP rating albeit modified, one can be pretty sure that the Manza will pass through it with flying colours. It wasnt just the Swift that was designed to sell in wider markets but it applies to the Vista as well. Tata's have a great reputation in making cars that are crash tested rather than getaway with whatever loopholes our present national safety standards allow .

Secondly, you assumption that the D'zire will get 4 stars in the NCAP is Bu11crap. The European Swift uses side airbags and curtain airbags to get the 4 star rating, none of which are present in the D'zire. All it has is dual airbags upfront in the top end models which is the same for the Manza.

So aggoswami either leave the assumptions to the experts or back it up with actual data.
Old 25th January 2010, 19:01   #42
Senior - BHPian

Though Manza and Dzire are in same league.

its too early to start of this thread. I think we should atleast wait for 6 months from launch of Dzire to compare both.

If Manza does well in enxt 6 months and once the competitions hots up, MSIL might reduce the waiting period of Dzire.
lets wait and watch!
Old 25th January 2010, 20:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortbread View Post
@ aggoswami,

your assumptions about safety are very biased,

actual data.
The only data I have right now is that the Swift body was tested in EuroNCAP.
Vista was not tested here.
Swift did use 6 airbags, but the body shell was found tough enough.
Vista with or without airbags, is not having any EuroNCAP score.

Next, I read in ACI that Vista body shell was to be modified to score good in EuroNCAP.
So cant say that Manza is equal to Dzire.

Can you put down some data about Dzire being more unsafe than Manza ? Any crash test results by an Internationally accalimed body like EuroNCAP ? Crash test results for Vista would do.

And my feelings and thoughts are relative to me, not others.

And for that 5 star ratings, GP used more than 2 airbags. I am not asking others to swallow down my thoughts.
Also, for me, beyond an extent, I have to be my own expert when it comes to making decision.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 25th January 2010 at 20:32.
Old 25th January 2010, 20:51   #44
BHPian

This is EXACTLY the question Tata wants buyers to ask and precisely what Maruti wouldn't have dreamnt possible till roughly a year ago.

Tata never got their engines past a certain refinement invisible barrier. The FIAT partnership allows just that. They've improved their in cabin finish to surpass that of the Dzire and their After Sales are improving (both previous weaknesses). Not to mention the Dzire looks like a Turd with wheels.

My suggestion: Go for the Manza.
Old 25th January 2010, 21:01   #45
BANNED

This is one more thread, where the thread starter vanishes after the first half of the First page.

VFM = MANZA

Compromise = Dzire

Dzire cant beat the VFM prepositions of a Manza any given day. The Dzire is just inches longer than the ordinary Vista, making it more cramped than the spacious, luxurious Manza.

Last edited by PAVAN KADAM : 25th January 2010 at 21:02.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks