Team-BHP - Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Shifting gears (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/)
-   -   Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifting-gears/100941-team-bhp-app-your-iphone-ipad-ipod-touch-15.html)

Thank you team-BHP for approving my membership request and thanks a lot for this cool app.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK
Hello fellow BHPians! I switched from Team-BHP app for Android to Team-BHP app for iPhone and I'm loving it! clap:

Once I got my iPhone4, upgraded it to iOS 5.0.1 and guess which app was the first to be installed :D Haven't faced any issues with it yet; no crashing like its counterpart.

@shankar.balan: which device are you installing the app on? Are you using 3G or wifi during the installation?

Btw, when I was rating the app on the App Store, found this comment in one of the reviews:

Whoops! It's working perfectly fine now on my Ipad2. I use wi fi to fiddle with the IPad. Am glad to share that the app works very well. Much more easy than having to login through the browser etc! Thanks!

Just wanted to say thank you for the app for iphone/ipad. am using it regularly, its much better and faster to be connected than opening the website.

A small suggestion, while opening photos, is it possible to

1. show the description (may be nearby lines) rather than the author name?
2. Can you do pre fetching of the photos, like, if I am on photo1, load photo2 in the background, so that when I swipe, I see photo2 instantaneously.

Rest all, good work on the app, simple to use and very effective.

Is there a way to thank a post from the iPhone App?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durango Dude
Is there a way to thank a post from the iPhone App?

Yes there is; I just thanked your post from my iPhone. However, in the app it's called 'Like'.

I am addicted to this website, and would also like to access it on the go. Currently, i can do it only through my laptop. I have recently bought a Blackberry Playbook and though the site looks awesome as is (over wi-fi or bridged), would like to know if there already is an app for Playbook or a Blackberry phone and if not already available, then are there any such plans in the near(est) future!!

The app will not only help me access the content much faster, but will also help me to show-off my membership to my dear car-loving friends too ;)

Thanks

I think there is a bug with the app.

Whenever I launch the app and at the same time, the 3G connection drops momentarily (the small gap between launch and login page popup), then the app never launches. I have to reboot the iPhone to launch the app again. I checked the same on wife's Android phone and it doesn't have this issue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute (Post 2687411)

Whenever I launch the app and at the same time, the 3G connection drops momentarily (the small gap between launch and login page popup), then the app never launches. I have to reboot the iPhone to launch the app again. I checked the same on wife's Android phone and it doesn't have this issue.

this is weird indeed. i've not encountered this, yet. does it happen always?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajay_satpute

Wait! What!! Reboot?
Doesn't 'killing' the app from the open apps list work for you?

Are we having ads on the iPhone app for Team-BHP?

Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image632575424.jpg

Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-image4088173985.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2696386)
Are we having ads on the iPhone app for Team-BHP?

Yes, a non-intrusive, simple ad banner has been placed on the Team-BHP App (just like on top of the forum pages). We've tried to keep things as minimal and simple as possible.

We don't believe in charging for the App and it will remain free for life. However, running a single ad is required to sustain the free availability & development of the Team-BHP App.

Thanks. If you need to discuss this any further, please drop an email (address in my signature).

I'm using iphone 4s version 5.0.1 (9A406) and I'm facing problems with subscription threads. the quick work around is to select the top right hand arrow and once again subscribe and unsubscribe it.. It's a workaround and not fix. Maybe someone need to look at this issue.
Thanks.

I recently shifted to iPhone, and noticed a difference in post-count – iPhone v/s Regular browser.

The first picture is the profile view from Team-BHP iPhone app, and the second one is from the regular browser (Safari).

Not sure if this is mentioned in an earlier post, but thought it’s better to report. Thanks.
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-photo-2.jpg
Team-BHP App for your iPhone / iPad / iPod Touch-photo-1.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2763763)
I recently shifted to iPhone, and noticed a difference in post-count – iPhone v/s Regular browser.

if you click the refresh button on the right top corner (in the picture) in the iPhone Team-BHP app, the post count will get updated. between logins, sometimes the post count doesn't get updated automatically and the has to be done manually to reflect the correct count.

Quote:

Originally Posted by IronH4WK (Post 2764121)
if you click the refresh button on the right top corner (in the picture) in the iPhone Team-BHP app, the post count will get updated. between logins, sometimes the post count doesn't get updated automatically and the has to be done manually to reflect the correct count.

Thanks, that was helpful. I thought the profile page in the app will get refreshed automatically on clicking on that page (similar to how the subscribed page works).
The number did get updated properly on a manual refresh.