Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2011, 22:01   #856
Team-BHP Support

Re: The Football Thread

Anyone watching the carnage ?

Edit: Arsenal v/s ManU

Last edited by Eddy : 28th August 2011 at 22:05.
Old 28th August 2011, 22:04   #857
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Anyone watching the carnage ?
Yes, I am no Arsenal fan, but its painful to watch a top side getting treated like a second division minnows. 6-1 at 70 mins!
Both Manchester teams are on fire. Unbelievable stuff

Edit: Carnage over. Final Score 8 – 2!!!

Last edited by vb-saan : 28th August 2011 at 22:23. Reason: comment added
Old 29th August 2011, 07:46   #858
BHPian

Total Demolition at OT.
Being an Arsenal fan, it is very very humiliating to watch my team go down like that. 8 - 2 !!! Both sides will never ever forget this scoreline.

Gunners looked as if they are from League one or League two. Even those teams would have defended better.

Just a thought - If RVP had taken that penalty well the match atleast would have been interesting but they completely looked clueless.

Clearly Arsenal is missing Fab, Jack & Nasri. You gotta feel sorry for the lads like Ramsey, Coquelin (a worst possible debut, an Arsenal player could dream of!!!), Chamberlain. So called senior players - Rosicky & Arshavin poor again. Wondering how AW still rely on those two.

On the other hand, you really gotta give it to United. They are simply outta this world. Young scored two fantastic goals and Rooney - no words.

Arsenal substitutions on crisis: Chamberlain, Lansbury. Meanwhile, United substitutions when score was 5-1: Park Ji Sung & Giggs. This sums up the difference between these two squads and their depth.
Arsenal did almost matched them in shot-on-target, goal attempts etc on paper but they are not clinical up-front but United made Gunners pay on every attempt they got the ball near the box.

City thrashed Spurs 5-1 at WhiteHart Lane with 3 assists from Nasri (!!!) & 4 goals from Dzeko. But United - What-a-way to respond!!! Sent a clear message.

Would anyday prefer United lifting the trophy than money-run City.

It would be a terrible joke to say that Arsenal will compete for CL spot this year after this result - I hope they would not get relegated :(
Still I believe AW is the man for job but just that he left it too late for the signings.

Btw, Arsenal on verge of signing South Korean striker Chu-Young (Fmr Monaco).

Last edited by nfsfreak : 29th August 2011 at 07:48.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:09   #859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfsfreak View Post
Total Demolition at OT.
Being an Arsenal fan, it is very very humiliating to watch my team go down like that. 8 - 2 !!! Both sides will never ever forget this scoreline.
Yeah, it was painful watching Arsenal losing so badly. They were totally clueless. And to watch them go down to the team I hate the most! Ah, hell...

Quote:
Still I believe AW is the man for job but just that he left it too late for the signings.
Yeah, I still believe so but its becoming hard to still have faith after the disastrous start to this season.
Old 29th August 2011, 09:39   #860
BHPian

I'm very much a fan of Arsenal and it's style of play, ever since I happened to watch that magical EPL when Henry and Viera were in form and took the EPL title. It's the most artistic playing you will see in England.
What is happening now?
I see it as mainly a need to have some good psychological coaches, who will instill self-belief in the team. There's no doubt they have fantastic players. But the most important component, mental strenght (which has a weightage of 50-60 per cent according to the pundits) seems to be missing. Their shoulders are drooping, they get frustrated and lash out, this , in my opinion, is what Wenger needs to focus on. I don't believe that signing a whiz-kid will turn around the team. Yes they need a better man in defence, but that's all. Even the goalie is much, much improved from last year. He hardly made any mistakes, ManU were just swarming his area, and that is the job the defence failed in.
Old 29th August 2011, 10:09   #861
JVH
Senior - BHPian

What Arsenal needs is leadership within the team. Where are the likes of Henry, Vierra, Bergkamp, Pires, Adams? Not only this team had a beautiful flow but was very methodical and organized which lead to their invincible season. As much as I used to hate them, I simply loved watching their matches because of the sheer brilliance. One instant move I can remember against Newcastle - Vierra blocks someone and gets the ball in his own half near the D. Spots Pires on the deep left where he is almost alone and passes. Pires makes a run on the left. Bergkamp makes a run in the center. Pires passes to Bergkamp and he receives the ball with his back towards the goal post, magically turns leaving the defender clueless and slots past the goal keeper. Just an example and they are were scoring goals like these just for fun then...

Its too early days guys. Don't just rule them and the coach out. They just need to gel in and get the momentum going. Yesterday they looked awful but don't forget that United would have ruined any other team equally well going by the form. Am sure Arsenal will have a top 5 finish if not top 3.

Last edited by JVH : 29th August 2011 at 10:11.
Old 29th August 2011, 10:34   #862
Senior - BHPian

All due respect to ARSENAL FANS, but quite honestly, THE THEATRE OF DREAMS turned out to be the THEATRE OF DREADS to ARSENAL yesterday. Man, I thought THE RED DEVILS would score a dozen the way things were going!!

Bottomline, ARSENAL were GUNNED down by THE CHAMPS!! Long Live the KINGS.....REDS RULE.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 29th August 2011 at 10:36.
Old 29th August 2011, 11:12   #863
BHPian

Fergie's Babes demolished Wenger's Kids
Great entertaining match. I had a blast watching it in a screening with a lot of arsenal fans and a few united fans!
Frankly, It could easily been double digits too. Nani squandered many moves, arshavin was so lucky not to be sent off in the first half itself...8 was GrEIGHT as well!
Gunners have more suspensions to serve than the number of points they have or the number of goals they have scored!
They havent finished a league match this season with 11 men, all this for their so called beautiful game
Old 29th August 2011, 11:18   #864
BHPian

This was a long time coming!

Never have I felt so miserable - could nto watch the match after 6 goals; just shut the TV.

Read the papers this morning 8-2. It could not have gotten worse than this!

Wenger defiant despite huge loss : The World Game on SBS

I am amazed that we dont have 1 big name left apart from RVP! Each of the others are getting in as prodigy's will spend some time making a name and will quit.

AW for once does not seem to understand - or maybe is making a mockery of things by living in this dream - that he will turn fortunes by getting teenagers playing at the highest level. Am so damn pset with the way he or the club is functioning right now - feel cheated.

Look at ManU & ManC, even Chelsea and Liverpool; they have signed big names, strong players and the results are for all to see.

At this pace none of the names that are being spoken about - Hazard (is out), Mata (went to Chelsea), Young (United), Cahil (even Spurs have bid for him now), Samba (time wasted), Mertesacker (dont think he will come). It really drives me mad thinking about how the team performed when they were Invincibles and prior to that; and just hope that just dont dissappear from the EPL now!

Even if we sign players - it will take them time to gel as a team - and maybe we need to look at it again by December. My guts tell me we will be anywhere between 11-20 if not waiting for relegation.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:07   #865
BHPian

Arsenal already need re-inforcements in every area and we will also lose players in Jan for African cup of nations (Gervinho, Chamakh & Song). So, almost 5-6 good players short at the moment.

Wenger said he is still looking for three more players - 1 striker, 1 center back & 1 mid-fielder.

With 2 days left in Transfer window, one could not expect clubs to depart with their good first team players now for Arsenal to sign.

Center Back crisis is well documented and once again highlighted yesterday what will happen in Vermaelen's absence.

I'm really concerned how smart heads in a club like Arsenal did not expect these shortcomings and make amends early in the transfer window?
Arsenal had entire summer and a healthy 40M Euros at their disposal but screwed it up all by very slow process when comes to transfers.

Should have signed Mata long back (we was available for 20M release clause till two weeks back) but Chelsea managed to sign him now right under Wenger's nose. Hazard was tracked for long time now but decided to bid for him only 7 days before the end of transfer window. Gary Cahill saga is long discussed but still no progress.

Wenger is not the only one to be blamed but the entire team who handles all transfer related matters.

All said, I am still hoping that Wenger would just pull a rabbit out of the hat and save this team.

-- Gunners for ever.
Old 29th August 2011, 12:32   #866
Senior - BHPian

Never expected United to give this thrashing to Arsenal though I was sure of a victory considering the circumstances under which Arsenal were under pressure. The key difference between SAF & AW is how SAF still learns from his defeats and plans in advance. It seems generations change seamlessly with United, this also allows every one to taste blood, the blood called trophies.

I worry for Arsenal, they are going to be robbed off in the next 3 days of transfer window or worse could end up getting some one who they did not want in the first instance.

Fabregas story was always going to have one end, which is what happened in reality, why did AW not address this well before the saga got played out in the papers & TV. Strange decisions being made at the club I must admit. If this was a corporate world heads would have rolled by this time.
Old 29th August 2011, 17:27   #867
BHPian

Enough have been said about the match and I will not go into adding statistics either.
Just want to post a line that I read in one of the forums :

" Arsenal and their game are like fantasy football, they are the best in concept but have nothing to show on the pitch."

Do I need to say which side I routed for ?
Old 29th August 2011, 17:27   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Excellent show by Liverpool yesterday. Quite an excellent start to the season.
Yep. Looks like a sign of good times. Hopefully, this form will continue with some consistency over the season.

Quote:
Total Demolition at OT.

City thrashed Spurs 5-1 at WhiteHart Lane with 3 assists from Nasri (!!!) & 4 goals from Dzeko. But United - What-a-way to respond!!! Sent a clear message.

Would anyday prefer United lifting the trophy than money-run City.
At least from a Liverpool POV, I would rather see the moneybags win the Premier League this time to hold the current champions to 19. The way I see it, Man City are the only ones who look like they can stop the young Man Utd team from lifting the trophy. They looked pretty good on Saturday.

That said, Arsenal are in doldrums. I know this has been said many times, but without a good signing, they are set to lose their CL spot. It is still early days though and I expect them to improve. Lets see how this season pans out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pypkmsrikanth View Post

I worry for Arsenal, they are going to be robbed off in the next 3 days of transfer window or worse could end up getting some one who they did not want in the first instance.
True, they are in a very bad position to negotiate. When all the top sides are investing money heavily, Arsenal (or rather Arsene) should have taken a cue from it and invested. Losing 2 of of your top players and replacing with a young whizkid (Chamberlain) instead of a world class player looks a pretty bad mistake to me.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 29th August 2011 at 17:30. Reason: added quote
Old 29th August 2011, 17:45   #869
BHPian

Although I'm a die hard Red Devils fan, I really like the way Arsenal play and it was painful to watch the slow death of a philosophy - yesterday was a major proof of it. Always loved the way Arsenal vs Manchester Utd matches created a buzz. For soccer fans like us tougher the competition the better, but looking at the start of the season, looks like the Manchester clubs are going to eat the London clubs raw…
padikpanther is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2011, 17:58   #870
Senior - BHPian

Arsenal had taken on lot of debt to build their new stadium, and it was mentioned a few years ago that their transfer budget is going to be low for some time. At that time, it was a good policy to invest in talented younsters such as Cesc, RVP and Nasri. Probably Arsenal thought they could keep these guys for long - but that hasn't happened.

This time, maybe they could've let Cesc and Nasri go a bit earlier, so as to get money from those transfers earlier. They could've used that money to bring in some players. On the other hand, we can't also blame them for trying till the last moment to keep players like Cesc and Nasri in the team.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks