Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2010, 23:13   #1231
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post

Buddy do post the pics of the rabbit along with your GSDs.Wanted to have a look at the chap's face
I know, I have clicked pics also, but can't upload it because I clicked it from my GF's Samsung Corby. Samsung don't have a driver for Windows 7

Quote:
Hey All Lab owners,
My lab pup is shedding more than usual hair.I feel so as my golden retriver is hardly showing any shedding inspite of being the more furry one.

Is this natural for labs as they have double coat or is it due to something else?I mean should I be concerned for this?
Don't worry at all. All dogs shed hair, whether they are single or double coated.
Old 10th May 2010, 00:48   #1232
BHPian

Quote:
I know, I have clicked pics also, but can't upload it because I clicked it from my GF's Samsung Corby. Samsung don't have a driver for Windows 7
OT - switch the phone's connection settings to mass storage and connect to Win 7..
Old 10th May 2010, 07:44   #1233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I think most fur-covered creatures moult in summer.
@Thad, this particular shedding should be more about puppy hair than about summer. A recent example : our dobe shedding his coarse hair & getting a finer coat.
Old 10th May 2010, 09:52   #1234
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I think it is natural for all pups to shed hair - it'll soon have a finer coat.
Quote:
Nice to see the Guinea Pig --- they are sweet creatures!
I think most fur-covered creatures moult in summer. My cat is doing so at the moment, here in Chennai... you wouldn't think they would need extra fur for a Chennai winter, but they seem to grow it anyhow. Apart from that, they shed some hairs all year , just like we do!
Thanks Condor and Thad!! That gives me some relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djbasscreator View Post
it's a Guinea Pigg!
his name's Brownie.. these pics i have are about 3 months old and he is about 6 months old.
i just love its patches.. xD
hope you like it..!

P.S. he has gained a lotta wait.. and i mean a LOT!
Really cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranjan Sharma View Post
Quote:
OT - switch the phone's connection settings to mass storage and connect to Win 7..
Ranjan try the trick mentioned by djbasscreator.Really eager to have a look at the pics.
Old 10th May 2010, 12:32   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Nice to see the Guinea Pig --- they are sweet creatures!
I think most fur-covered creatures moult in summer. My cat is doing so at the moment, here in Chennai... you wouldn't think they would need extra fur for a Chennai winter, but they seem to grow it anyhow. Apart from that, they shed some hairs all year , just like we do!

Any fur loss which leads to bare patches, though, calls for an urgent visit to vet.
Hey thad,
I am having an 8 month old gsd puppy with mild hair loss as patches. the problem is that he munches the hair out when he feels itchy. Many vets i tried at chennai and they all say x or y but never got it removed now. I am having trouble to identify why he itches. The hair has been lost as small patches due to his munching in that area.
can you suggest any of some sensible vets who can diagnose skin related probs in chennai?
Old 10th May 2010, 13:24   #1236
Distinguished - BHPian

@muzzledMoose - Could be him scratching due to ticks and fleas. Get a good flea collar and an applicator.
Old 10th May 2010, 13:27   #1237
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

MuzzledMoose
suggest Vepery Vet Hosp
First class place.

Could be a fungal problem on account of the extremely humid weather there coupled with the GSD thick coat of fur or even a horrible disease called mange. there are two types of mange - sarcoptic and demodectic.
please check for these. they will have to do a skin scraping and a microscope examination to check this.

and if I may suggest - use only the Erina EP Shampoo from Himalaya for the dog - completely natural, keeps pests away and it has a nice smell and a cooling effect as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuzzledMoose View Post
Hey thad,
I am having an 8 month old gsd puppy with mild hair loss as patches. the problem is that he munches the hair out when he feels itchy. Many vets i tried at chennai and they all say x or y but never got it removed now. I am having trouble to identify why he itches. The hair has been lost as small patches due to his munching in that area.
can you suggest any of some sensible vets who can diagnose skin related probs in chennai?
Old 10th May 2010, 13:43   #1238
BHPian

Does anybody know of any good pet boarding facility ? Normally, I used to keep my pug with petstepin (near manipal hospital) but seems this week they are overbooked and hence can't accomodate my pug. Would really appreciate if anyone can share some other good petboarding so that I can have my pug checked in when we drive to Goa this friday
Old 10th May 2010, 13:57   #1239
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

yashbans kennels - good reputation

plus the one behind manipal hospital has a good reputation - i cant remember what it is called.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
Does anybody know of any good pet boarding facility ? Normally, I used to keep my pug with petstepin (near manipal hospital) but seems this week they are overbooked and hence can't accomodate my pug. Would really appreciate if anyone can share some other good petboarding so that I can have my pug checked in when we drive to Goa this friday
Old 10th May 2010, 20:04   #1240
BANNED

Quote:
I tried doing that, but no idea where could I find this option in the phone
Old 10th May 2010, 20:51   #1241
BHPian

Menu>Settings>Phone Settings>PC connection> choose Mass Storage..
Old 10th May 2010, 22:58   #1242
BANNED

Quote:
Menu>Settings>Phone Settings>PC connection> choose Mass Storage..
Thanks a lot

here is a video. Pics were not very clear. The Rabbit was very scared and my dog's genetic memory was tempting them to taste the Rabbit. Moreover the Rabbit was not able to walk on the tiles, so returned the rabbit safely to the pet shop and got some fishes for my aquarium

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 10th May 2010 at 23:03.
Old 10th May 2010, 23:04   #1243
BANNED

Abe oye, uske tota uda hua hai, darr ke mare khada bhi nahi ho raha. (Oye, that rabbit is s*** scared, fear has frozen him)

You should have got some rubber toys instead.
Old 11th May 2010, 00:50   #1244
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Abe oye, uske tota uda hua hai, darr ke mare khada bhi nahi ho raha. (Oye, that rabbit is s*** scared, fear has frozen him)

You should have got some rubber toys instead.
lol.. The Rabbit can't stand because of the tiles.

Anyhow, later I understood that

1. Once we leave the Rabbit alone, my Dogs will tear it apart (The video is shot after scolding both the dogs a lot to stay away, they obeyed )
2. The other dog was not at all friendly.
3. I had bought only 1 in number, so his soul-mate was in the pet shop's cage, so both will feel lonely.
4. This Rabbit is going to make the house very dirty.

So returned the rabbit SAFELY to the pet shop.

Last edited by Ranjan Sharma : 11th May 2010 at 00:52.
Old 12th May 2010, 18:20   #1245
Senior - BHPian

I have always been a dog lover & a puppy has always fascinated me... to the point that i spend hours talking to it!

We bought a new German Shepperd 1 week ago. He is 35 days old & is a sweetheart. He has been named Bruno.

Good thing is he is damn cute & healthy. Bad thing is he is in my kerela residence & i am here in mumbai... i miss him.
Attached Thumbnails
Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0114-large.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0115-large.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0116-large.jpg  

Team-BHPians and their Pets-dsc_0117-large.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks