Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2023, 15:06   #1291
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblr View Post
Hi @audioholic,

I hope you have ordered a DSL router.

I am still having a BSNL ADSL connection for backup internet.

Below are the screenshots from the UT-Starcomp modem supplied by BSNL.
Hey thank you so much for these detailed screenshots. Really appreciate it. Right now I am stuck in a situation where the Airtel guy came and told blankly that the modem I have got is an ADSL 2+ modem which is only compatible with BSNL and Co whereas Airtel uses VDSL and these modems are not available in open market. I got a TP Link modem. To support his claims, he got one no brand modem and set it up within no time.

I should research this further and see what the difference really is. The TP Link supports same PPoE protocol which Airtel asks for. However it fails to establish link.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 14:33   #1292
Distinguished - BHPian

Current Airtel Woes!

My Airtel fibre connection, which has been 99% wonderful since the upgrade from copper, and quickly fixed if there was any problem, has been down for days.

They keep sending SMSs telling me that will be fixed in a few hours, engineer will visit, etc, etc. It's not happening. Loosing patience, we tried to call the 121 helpline today. Not possible to get past a menu machine and recorded responses .

Airtel customer service, on its last legs for a long time, is now dead.

Place: Pallavakkam, Chennai. Anyone else got problems?
Old 7th August 2023, 17:35   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
They keep sending SMSs telling me that will be fixed in a few hours, engineer will visit, etc, etc. It's not happening. Loosing patience, we tried to call the 121 helpline today. Not possible to get past a menu machine and recorded responses . ...
Try escalating it to nodalofficer.tn@in.airtel.com / nodalofficer.tt@in.airtel.com via mail - I'm from karnataka, and in a couple of cases it hastened the turnaround time. Note that I'm guessing the mail id based on the karnataka one.

I think all service providers are handing over customer service to bots... designed to train the customer in anger management,
whitewing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 23:59   #1294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitewing View Post
Try escalating it to nodalofficer.tn@in.airtel.com / nodalofficer.tt@in.airtel.com via mail - I'm from karnataka, and in a couple of cases it hastened the turnaround time. Note that I'm guessing the mail id based on the karnataka one.
Thanks, it might come to that! An engineer came early this evening and spliced in a new length of cable. At 6.30pm, everything was looking good. At 10.30pm, it is down again.

Aaaaand... The BOT system refuses to take a new complaint as it says the old one is still in progress. Although it's also closed.

Quote:
bots... designed to train the customer in anger management,
Exactly!

And it's comprehension is so limited it doesn't deserve the word. I'm sure no human ever looks. I was tempted to type in foul language to prove the point, but didn't.

That was chat, on the app. (They used to have a decent error reporting system on their app). 121 will probably be as bad again.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2023, 04:13   #1295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At 6.30pm, everything was looking good. At 10.30pm, it is down again.
4.00 AM Update...

It's up again

Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 24th August 2023, 13:43   #1296
BHPian

Has anyone booked and/or experienced the AirFiber services yet? Seems Airtel has launched it commercially, while Jio has announced the rollout as well. From what I understand, it's like a plug-and-play device; saves the hassles of wiring, etc.

P.s. I am extremely happy with my Airtel Fiber connection currently, since I have been on an annual plan since 2 years now. Enquiring about AirFiber only out of curiosity. Let's see how successful it becomes.
Old 24th August 2023, 15:29   #1297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Aaaaand... The BOT system refuses to take a new complaint as it says the old one is still in progress. Although it's also closed.
Quote:
Current Airtel Woes!

My Airtel fibre connection, which has been 99% wonderful since the upgrade from copper, and quickly fixed if there was any problem, has been down for days.
Not from Chennai, but after a flawless 12 years of service, Airtel got me frustrated enough to ditch it completely and switch to ACT. Until two months ago, I had a very reliable VDSL connection dishing out 70-80mbps. One day, lightning struck and it has done some damage to the exchange as well as my modem. I ordered a new one myself to realise that VDSL modems arent available in the market and only ADSL2+ modems are available. Then the Airtel engineer installed a no name modem which hardly would achieve 40MBPS compared to the earlier Huawei one.

In addition to the reduced speed there was frequent line drops which became very frustrating. No matter what I complained they really did not have a solution and neither did they offer fiber internet in my area. Hence, took the plunge, called up ACT and they were pretty good right from pre sales till installation and also for addressing an issue. I had a Tp-link Wifi router which the pre-sales guy confirmed to work and told me that it can be reused. Hence I did not opt for a router from ACT. Then it turned out that my 300MBPS speed was not supported by it and I got to know only after raising a complaint. After they informed me of this I upgraded the router and now getting around 350MBPS of speed.

Even cancelling the connection with Airtel was a pain since there was no option in the app and there is a stupid chat bot which doesnt know what to do. Ended up calling the technician home after raising a complaint and then asked him the process of cancellation to which he gave me a number. Had to call and explain again and justify why I no longer want the connection and its still not disconnected.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 17:18   #1298
Distinguished - BHPian

All is well here now, so I am not thinking of ditching Airtel.

But the brick wall they have built between themselves and their customers is not good. Sadly, that seems to be increasingly standard corporate "tactics."
Old 24th August 2023, 17:29   #1299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
All is well here now, so I am not thinking of ditching Airtel.

But the brick wall they have built between themselves and their customers is not good. Sadly, that seems to be increasingly standard corporate "tactics."
Do you have jio fiber in your area?
I have jio fiber since its inception. Disconnections are extremely rare. And even when there is an issue I raise a complaint by app and if it's before 3-4 pm technician comes same day and if it's in the evening he comes by the morning.

If you ever think of switching from airtel do check out jio fiber.
harry10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2023, 22:36   #1300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Do you have jio fiber in your area?
I have jio fiber since its inception. Disconnections are extremely rare.
I don't know for sure.

But the Airtel fibre has been very reliable. Apart from a couple of bad patches, the copper before it was, too. Had Airtel for more than ten years, and the occasional off day has to be seen in that context.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks