Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2020, 19:35   #1216
BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Finally after much deliberation and a constant push, we managed to get Airtel to plug our society with Airtel's v-fiber connectivity. Must say the wait has been completely worth it. Incredible speeds and excellent stability so far. Got a 300Mbps 1:1 connection for roughly 1500/- per month
Congratulations. You have Airtel fiber, also now called Xstream, not VDSL which is called Vfiber. Vfiber is DSL and doesn't go beyond 100Mbps and is mostly limited to 40Mbps.
Lobogris is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:15   #1217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Anyone on Airtel broadband in Kochi. Would like to know the feedback about the connection, stability, etc.
I'm using Airtel broadband since some time now. Was initially having the VDSL connection as they didn't have fiber connectivity till my home. But recently upgraded to fiber with 100Mbps plan as they expanded their network (thanks to Jio fiber). Connectivity is excellent for me with consistent speeds and hardly any downtime. After upgrading to fiber, I had faced a major downtime for about 24hrs which was a first for me. But once I lodged a complaint through the app, things moved pretty fast and it was resolved in 24hrs. Other than this one instance, it has never let me down so far. I was using a crappy BSNL broadband before and it was nothing short of terrible.
BigBrad is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2020, 20:43   #1218
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Do check your speeds with fast.com as well. I had a 100 mbps airtel connection and it always showed 100mbps as speed in speedtest.net, whereas in reality it is not. In fast.com I got 38 to 40 mbps as a standard speed.
How much do you pay for your broadband?-f324760c5f704eb2b56c23a0e9dddfaa.png

Hope that helps clarify.
moralfibre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2020, 12:11   #1219
BHPian

I am using Jio Fiber with Bronze_12M_8388 plan. Now that I am trying to recharge, I keep getting the following error messages:
  • In Jio app: Something went wrong. Please try again
  • On Jio website: Sorry! There are no plans for your Jio services currently. Watch out this space for upcoming offers!
Customer care has no idea and they just create a ticket. Walked into the Jio store, and they too are clueless. Got a standard response from their Twitter handle that they are looking into it.

Any idea how to get this resolved? Thanks.
Old 16th December 2020, 23:45   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi.Knight View Post
I am using Jio Fiber with Bronze_12M_8388 plan. Now that I am trying to recharge, I keep getting the following error messages:
  • In Jio app: Something went wrong. Please try again
  • On Jio website: Sorry! There are no plans for your Jio services currently. Watch out this space for upcoming offers!
Customer care has no idea and they just create a ticket. Walked into the Jio store, and they too are clueless. Got a standard response from their Twitter handle that they are looking into it.

Any idea how to get this resolved? Thanks.
First would be clearing the cache of MyJio app and then trying again. If not then contact the Sales guy who visited your house for the connection.
Also are you trying to recharge when already on an yearly plan? I think Jio does not allow queuing on an yearly plan.
MadAxe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2020, 07:43   #1221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadAxe View Post
First would be clearing the cache of MyJio app and then trying again. If not then contact the Sales guy who visited your house for the connection.
Also are you trying to recharge when already on an yearly plan? I think Jio does not allow queuing on an yearly plan.
Thanks for the suggestions. I already tried clearing the cache both from the app and the website, but to no avail. And, unfortunately, I don't have the contact details of the sales person.
The plan expired yesterday, hence was desperately trying to get this renewed.

Last edited by Jedi.Knight : 17th December 2020 at 07:45.
Old 19th December 2020, 17:12   #1222
Senior - BHPian

Re: Airtel Broadband Password

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Does anyone know how Airtel's broadband password is structured?
Finally got this resolved. It was supposed to have been my Account Number and it was so in Airtel's records, but only it wasn't. So the technician got the backend team to reset it for me.

(Delay was entirely mine; didn't want anything to disturb my Internet connection which was otherwise working just fine, what with online classes and WFH and stuff).

Now I can execute my home internet improvement plan. :-)
Old 15th March 2021, 12:19   #1223
BANNED

Would like to have some input over Tata Sky Broadband service in Pune.

I am having Airtel FTTH with good service for last couple of years. I will be shifting to a new society next week, which does not have Airtel coverage yet, but currently supports Tata Sky and BSNL broadband only. Any update on service and latency of Tata Sky would be really helpful in deciding.

Also, the ONU/ONT unit of my current Airtel connection can be used as ONT with other internet connections?
Old 15th March 2021, 12:26   #1224
BHPian

I got Jio Fiber installed a few days back and am not particularly impressed with the QoS. I have taken the 999 plan. In fact, I plan to discontinue the service and terminate the connection well within the free trial offer period. The JioFiber signal strength is so weak that even regular web browsing is a pain (forget about watching live TV on Jio TV+).

The speeds are very erratic - ranging from 140Mbps to 2 Mbps. Despite using a TP_Link 150 Mbps range extender I am unable to get good quality consistent download speeds. The upload speeds are in single digits.

To be honest, my MTNL FTTH connection was much better. Though during the monsoon season the connection used to drop every other day. Will try ACT Fibernet. If all else fails then will go back to MTNL.
Old 15th March 2021, 12:29   #1225
BHPian

I am on ACT broadband lightening plan. Couple of days back received message from ACT that my plan got upgraded from current 250 Mbps (3300 GB FUP) to 350 Mbps (Unlimited) at no extra cost.
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:02   #1226
Senior - BHPian

I use JioFiber and in the second month now. Currently using the 699(850 after tax) plan for 100Mbps. Speed is as promised, no issues till now. Might switch to the 399 plan soon as 100Mbps is an overkill for my use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kushagra452 View Post
The speeds are very erratic - ranging from 140Mbps to 2 Mbps. Despite using a TP_Link 150 Mbps range extender I am unable to get good quality consistent download speeds. The upload speeds are in single digits.
I was using an Edimax 300Mbps range extender and had similar issues but stumbled upon the JioExtender(mesh based) and its amazing.
My router was compatible with it and at 2499 its VFM since I am getting 60-70Mbps via JioExtender on a 100Mbps line. I used to get 2-10Mbps using the other extender.

If your router us compatible with the JioExtender and your main router connection is stable, do check it out. But if your main router isn't compatible or the main connection isn't stable then you can try some other provider.

Do raise a complaint to Jio itself, they were quite enthusiastic when I had some concerns but that could vary.

Last edited by shancz : 15th March 2021 at 13:05. Reason: correct model number
shancz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2021, 10:48   #1227
BHPian

T-Bhp,

I have got a broadband connection at home from service provider "You", probably a subsidiary of Vodafone.

How do you guys check the veracity of the speeds?
Websites like Speedtest, fast.com aren't consistent and generally show flawed value (at least in my opinion)
Old 24th April 2021, 11:03   #1228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
How do you guys check the veracity of the speeds?
Websites like Speedtest, fast.com aren't consistent and generally show flawed value
I use one of these two (fast.com usually because I like its clean UI).

Why do you think these are flawed? You really can't argue with the tech - they both work similarly, by downloading a fixed amount of data and measuring the time it took to do so.
Old 25th April 2021, 14:54   #1229
Oxy
BHPian

Internet in Kerala is quite expensive.

I am in a small town called Palakkad temporarily, and was looking for a broadband connection. No major players even have a presence here. The only company that has a reach here is called Railwire (which is apparently a PSU, https://www.railwireinternet.com/), who are selling a 100 mbps plan for Rs.1200 a month. One time installation and modem will cost another Rs.5000.

Anyone aware of any better options here?
Old 25th April 2021, 16:49   #1230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
I am in a small town called Palakkad temporarily, and was looking for a broadband connection. No major players even have a presence here.
I thought Airtel and BSNL have pan-India presence? Airtel on their website seemed fine with Palakkad as location when I tried to buy a new broadband connection. What about Jio?

The price is slightly on the higher side, but nothing out of the whack (800-1000 + GST is par for the course for 100 Mbps here in Bangalore too).

Palakkad is not such an out-of-the-world place, what with its IIT and also the second largest industrial belt in Kerala.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks