Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 20:28   #1066
Team-BHP Support

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Any of us using BSNL Bharat Fiber? How is the experience?

I am a BSNL internet user [dial-up to BB] and wish to know how is the Bharat Fiber experience. I do not have any other [reliable] option for a BB connection, so the patronage.
Old 22nd November 2019, 05:19   #1067
BHPian

I am with Spectra for a few years now. Spectra is a pure fiber broadband only player.

I am on the plan with 50 Mbps speed and 200 GB FUP. Paying Rs. ~1,060/- including taxes. Able to stream without any buffer on my Amazon FireTV stick at HD settings.

Uptime is mostly good; for that occasional downtime, I get messages about the issue and estimated time of resolution. Supported by call center, web site, and chat support. Online bill payment in web site possible as also through Paytm. If any issue, they send the on-the-ground technician to troubleshoot promptly.

For a couple of months, I noticed Spectra at 2nd rank in the India Netflix ISP Speed Index (7 Star Digital is at 1st rank).

On Speedtest, I consistently get ~45 Mbps speed, both upload and download.

This is in Chennai.
Old 22nd November 2019, 11:33   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Any of us using BSNL Bharat Fiber? How is the experience?

I am a BSNL internet user [dial-up to BB] and wish to know how is the Bharat Fiber experience. I do not have any other [reliable] option for a BB connection, so the patronage.
Using BSNL FTTH and the service is as good as any other vendor. This service is an outsourced setup (for the last mile connectivity - fiber cuts to be handled by the vendor) and a lot depends on the vendor offering it in your area.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:05   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Using Airtel "Xstream" broadband service.

Speed: 200 Mbps
Data: 300 GB
FUP: 1 Mbps
Price: 999 + taxes

Off late, Airtel's speed and uptime has taken a beating. Facing frequent disconnections and getting promised speed (200 Mbps) not 100% of the time.
Old 22nd November 2019, 12:17   #1070
Senior - BHPian

We are using Ion internet here in Navi Mumbai. Initially we started with 10Mbps plan in 2016. Off late because Amazon prime did not work on my smart TV, we changed to 30Mbps unlimited plan. This plan costs Rs.1600 per 3 months. It's quite satisfactory as we can see movies on Youtube and surf on another mobile phone. However since more and more customers are increasing, the speed keeps decreasing. At present speeds are okay because of entry of Jio in the market. Jio has tried to enter our society but people are too lazy to change.
Old 30th November 2019, 14:40   #1071
BANNED

Anyone here using Hathway in Bombay? Especially in the eastern suburbs.

How is the uptime? How quick are they to respond if the connection goes down? Also is the speed, unlimited as promised?
Any other good provider also will be welcome.

Last edited by carboy : 30th November 2019 at 14:51.
Old 27th December 2019, 09:03   #1072
BHPian

We are about 200 apartments, with nearly 99% using ACT. Average outflow to ACT will be ~ 1.75L per month.

Would you know if service providers, ACT or any other, will be willing to offer a corporate plan for the entire premises ? SLA will improve and costs will also come down.

As per ACT's site, their best corporate plan is monthly 1 Gbps and 10 Tb; which is a trickle compared to our needs.
Old 27th December 2019, 13:15   #1073
AZT
BHPian

I got a call from Jio fiber representative saying finally the free plan is ending. Their plans offer a free set top box for TV but with that the data usage would also go through the roof. Figuring out now if its worth cancelling Tata Sky or sticking to that for TV and keeping broadband separate. Base Jio plan is Silver plan which is 100 mbps / 100 gb for around 800
Old 29th December 2019, 15:59   #1074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by null View Post
Using BSNL FTTH and the service is as good as any other vendor. This service is an outsourced setup (for the last mile connectivity - fiber cuts to be handled by the vendor.
Thank You.

Was left with no choice than ask my BB to be disconnected because of over 2 weeks of no connection. Have opted for FTTH connection and a one time payment of Rs. 6,000 was done. It will take another week for the vendor to set it up.

I sincerely hope, there is no outage now. Wanted to opt for 100 MBPS connection but the vendor suggested to get the 50 MBPS connection. He says, if you don't feel the speed to be good, I will upgrade your plan.

50 MBPS is for 777 + taxes.
100 MBPS is for ~1,200 + taxes.
Old 29th December 2019, 21:34   #1075
BHPian

Re: Prepaid Broadband Internet Providers?

Are there any prepaid broadband internet service providers in Bangalore?

I would need broadband internet during my short visits(max 5 - 6 weeks) to B'lore, India. As such, having a postpaid connection doesn't make sense, and can NOT survive on mobile internet for these short periods as might have to work remote.

Please advise!
Old 30th December 2019, 05:47   #1076
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Prepaid Broadband Internet Providers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Are there any prepaid broadband internet service providers in Bangalore?
Most of them I know including ACT are prepaid but you pay at least one month's rental in advance. Not sure if this is sufficient for your needs.
Old 5th February 2020, 09:19   #1077
BHPian

Friends, need your inputs.

I am planning to shift from BSNL Broadband (copper) to BSNL FTTH. The BSNL franchise person responsible for providing connection has mentioned that he can get the cable via duct (after society clearance) in the hall ( I already have provision to get cable inside from duct without drilling).

However, he is not sure if signal will be strong in all rooms. He suggested doing internal cabling to place router in the middle of the house. Is there any way to extend/amplify the signal from hall to all rooms using wireless technology (without doing any cabling). I read about repeater/extender/booster but not sure if it will work with BSNL FTTH router and whether it can solve my problem. Please suggest.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:35   #1078
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
I read about repeater/extender/booster but not sure if it will work with BSNL FTTH router and whether it can solve my problem. Please suggest.

If the BSNL Router transmits signals through Wifi, then a Wifi extender will work to extend the Wifi Range. If your home is small, then a 1000 Rs extender will work just fine. If it's a huge home, you may need a professional Wifi extender will may cost more.
Old 5th February 2020, 11:59   #1079
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simhi View Post
Friends, need your inputs.

I am planning to shift from BSNL Broadband (copper) to BSNL FTTH.

However, he is not sure if signal will be strong in all rooms. He suggested doing internal cabling to place router in the middle of the house.
Signal strength (wifi) inside your house has nothing to do with your BSNL connection being copper based or FTTH based.

If you are not experiencing any issues related to wifi signal strength with the current setup, then chances are that it will remain the same way with the new installation too.

One suggestion from my side is to try to install the wifi router in such a location that all parts of your house get good coverage. Generally the telephone port would be located in one corner of the living room and for this reason people keep the wifi router in the corner.

Also, if possible, try to place the wifi router at a height (5 feet or so). It will improve the coverage.

Rohan
Old 5th February 2020, 16:37   #1080
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
If the BSNL Router transmits signals through Wifi, then a Wifi extender will work to extend the Wifi Range.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan_iitr View Post
If you are not experiencing any issues related to wifi signal strength with the current setup, then chances are that it will remain the same way with the new installation too.

Thanks for your inputs. I have requested the franchise to proceed with the installation. I will check the signal strength after installation and then take a call on the extender.

Last edited by Simhi : 5th February 2020 at 16:41. Reason: grammar

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks