Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2017, 18:39   #946
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
It's a huawei modem. Attached the pics for a better idea on model number.
I didn't quite follow the thick wire thing in your post.
I was talking about the power cable.

Right now, the socket is inside a overhead wooden compartment and the Dlink wire is quite thin, and passes out easily between the hinges of the compartment door, and the modem/router resides outside.

Now with Binatone modem, the wire is quite thick to pass through this small space between the hinges of the closed compartment door & is also too short, and doesn't reach the overhead stand for the modem.

I hate the clutter of wires hanging around and hence the rejection.

Image of the modem in question is attached. The thick wire is highlighted.
Pic courtesy - google, for illustrative purposes only
Attached Thumbnails
How much do you pay for your broadband?-binatone.jpg  

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 1st November 2017 at 18:41.
Old 5th November 2017, 10:44   #947
BHPian

Re: Binatone vs Beetel Dual Antenana WiFi Modem?

How is this Binatone WiFi modem? Airtel, has scheduled this V-fiber installation at my place and am worried that I might NOT get the same range as my existing DSL-2720 of D-Link. Has anyone here has first hand experience with this Binatone wifi modem. Never heard of this brand...

Are my worries misplaced?

The airtel technician on prodding offered me a choice between Beetel n Binatone. Beetel has dual antenna and the Binatone has inbuilt concealed antenna is what i got to know from him.

Please advise!!
Old 5th November 2017, 11:17   #948
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How is this Binatone WiFi modem? Airtel, has scheduled this V-fiber installation at my place and am worried that I might NOT get the same range as my existing DSL-2720 of D-Link. Has anyone here has first hand experience with this Binatone wifi modem. Never heard of this brand...
I have the Binatone wifi modem; fitted when I got the v-fiber connection. The range is very marginally better than the earlier Beetel modem.

I think none of the modems that Airtel provides can truly give a good range. I'm planning to get the dual channel Netgear N900.
Old 5th November 2017, 15:02   #949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
I have the Binatone wifi modem; fitted when I got the v-fiber connection. The range is very marginally better than the earlier Beetel modem.

I think none of the modems that Airtel provides can truly give a good range. I'm planning to get the dual channel Netgear N900.
I have been a choice between Binatone Model 'DT920W' vs Beetel Model '777VR1'. Beetel description says VDSL2 modem vs just VDSL for Binatone. I don't know if this makes any difference.
Old 5th November 2017, 18:23   #950
Distinguished - BHPian

Remember that one can always use the Airtel-supplied box as a just a modem and continue to use one's own router as just a router.

...Probably. We should be able to, but I was only able to make it work with one of the two wifi routers that I have.
Old 5th November 2017, 18:55   #951
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Remember that one can always use the Airtel-supplied box as a just a modem and continue to use one's own router as just a router.
At my office the airtel-supplied box is just a bridge; all PPPoE stuff including authentication is done on the Linux box that I use as a router. Works well since I have another ISP terminating similarly on the same router PC.
Old 12th December 2017, 21:41   #952
mxx
BHPian

Airtel has recently changed the broadband plans, with more data limit and data rollover without much increase in prices (or no increase for some plans).

I was in 1299 plan, which has monthly rental of Rs.1299/-, 140GB data limit, 40Mbps. Now, the updated plan has the same rental with 175GB data (with rollover) and 100Mbps. The speed upgrade is subject to availability in your area. My area did not have 100Mbps speeds, so I get the other benefits of higher data and rollover with the same 40Mbps speed.

Please note that you will not be automatically migrated to the new plan even if the monthly rental is the same. I noticed the new plans in airtel site, and I had to call the customer care who informed me that I have to request for a plan upgrade. I did the same, and the migration was done in few hours.
Old 12th December 2017, 22:29   #953
Senior - BHPian

I recently got Spectranet 1Gbps @1249 per month + 18% GST (1149+GST if you pay six advance rental which I did). This is for unlimited data.

100 Mbps is good enough for me but more speed is always welcome.

Old 13th December 2017, 09:49   #954
Senior - BHPian

After years with Asianet [Local cable provider] i jumped ship to Airtel.

999 plan with 40mbps and 200gb data and rollover as well.

Problem was, my apartment is an old building and the airtel wires inside were old as well. So the tech team could promise a speed of 16-24mbps only but said will try for max speed. Bit the bullet, paid the monies, and after connection [1hr total time], i was getting speeds of 30mbps average.

Happy enough.

Oh and a bonus 1TB data for a year as well.

Life is good
Old 14th December 2017, 01:35   #955
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Airtel has recently changed the broadband plans, with more data limit and data rollover without much increase in prices (or no increase for some plans).
Data rollover on wired broadband! Goodness, I'd better start watching movies!

Airtel. Smartbytes.

Near to the end of my billing cycles, I get this stupid screen, amounting to, "Hey, you only have heaps of data available: why not buy some more?"

Do any of our network wizards know how to stop it? Because they are replacing the page I wanted with a page they want to give me, I can't think of one. Even if I block that IP address (if it always the same) the best I'd get is a blank page, not the page I wanted in the first place.

Trouble is, I forget about this for the rest of the month, and don't do any work on it, only to get mad again the next time!
Old 14th December 2017, 10:12   #956
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I recently got Spectranet 1Gbps @1249 per month...
I keep calling them for Upgrade to new 1Gbps Spectra plan after they changed from Spectranet. Even after 3 months they say it is not available in all areas while they have those flyers all over Bangalore. They have it in Gurgaon and very few areas in Bangalore.
Their Twitter account keeps tweeting with #MakeLifeBetter but no reply on asking when?
Old 8th February 2018, 21:00   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
I was an airtel broadband user from 2011 to 2016 when i was staying in koramangala 1st Block. i was stuck at 8 Mbps (100 GB FUP) speed forever despite paying 1800 which was exorbitant. I shifted to JP Nagar 9th Phase just recently and using a private FTTH provider since last more than 6 months with hardly any down time (i must admit same down time like airtel). what more can you ask for 1800 bucks? 100 Mbps speed with 175 GB FUP. I happily stream even Ultra HD Netflix content on my TV
After more than a year of shifting to JP Nagar 9th Phase Royal Park Residency Layout finally ACT fibernet is here. Loving the stable speeds all throughout. I am paying around 1800 Rs. per month for 90 Mbps with 225 GB FUP
Old 20th February 2018, 21:17   #958
Senior - BHPian

After experiencing Tikona 6Mbps plan, in which I got only 3Mbps, over the last 10 months, moved to ACT FiberNet today. 25Mbps with 100GB FUP @ 799 INR (+taxes). This is in Coimbatore.

Getting 25Mbps as promised!

Now, need to get the Tikona disconnected. The call center personnel just do not want to disconnect and keeps saying they will send a technician to trouble shoot!

Last edited by HappyWheels : 20th February 2018 at 21:20.
Old 6th July 2018, 10:36   #959
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
I recently got Spectranet 1Gbps @1249 per month + 18% GST (1149+GST if you pay six advance rental which I did). This is for unlimited data.

100 Mbps is good enough for me but more speed is always welcome.

I am paying INR 1356/- (1149/- monthly) inclusive of GST for 16mbps speed and 150gb every month and unlimited voice. I recently bought a PS4 and watch movies via the Amazon Prime or Netflix app built in. Had over 400gb data through roll over from past few months and this is almost zero now in just about a month. These apps are data hungry huh?

Now I want to upgrade to a better speed and data every month as Airtel is not just expensive but sometimes the speeds are very low and intermittent.

Called ACT earlier this week and registered an enquiry but no one has bothered to call back despite following up thrice. I am wondering how bad their after sales support is considering they are least interested about a sales call.

How is the service and support with Spectra? Are the speeds consistent?
Old 6th July 2018, 13:58   #960
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n_aditya View Post
Called ACT earlier this week and registered an enquiry but no one has bothered to call back despite following up thrice. I am wondering how bad their after sales support is considering they are least interested about a sales call.
Faced similar situation when I was looking to switch over from Airtel/BSNL broadband to ACT.

Sent 2 emails to the email addresses listed below once I felt that the coordination between departments was not ideal.

Issue was fixed within 20 hrs.

helpdesk.blr@actcorp.in
nodalofficer.blr@actcorp.in

While Airtel and BSNL, both, had super up-times, they sucked at max. permissible speed in my area (Kathriguppe, Bangalore). Though the BSNL exchange is at a stone's throw away from my place, their plans were always a compromise in terms of speed.

I then switched over to 16 Mbps Airtel plan, with unlimited free calls across India, 24x7, using the free landline connection bundled with the broadband.

Then one fine day I saw ACT leaflets in my area and inquired about feasibility, which was acknowledged in the affirmative.

Using ACT for 3 months now, 75 Mbps, 280 GB FUP, INR 1170/- including tax. The experience has been thoroughly enjoyable so far, and I am expecting it only to get better once they are threatened by Jio GigaFiber.

On the other hand, I raised a disconnection request with Airtel, but they offered me to reduce the current rental of INR 999/- to INR 299/- (yes, 299/-), and continue with the same plan, something that I have accepted as of now. It comes with 16 Mbps, 60 GB FUP, unlimited calls across India. This, they said, is available only when you call their helpline and negotiate.

It goes without saying, I am not associated with any of the banners discussed here.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
How much do you pay for your broadband?-1530865114358.jpg  

How much do you pay for your broadband?-1530865125460.jpg  

Last edited by Safety is Param : 6th July 2018 at 14:00.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks