Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2017, 13:03   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Mine got upgraded to 175GB (ACT Lightning plan). An increase of 75GB over the original bandwidth. They have done it twice now in one year (50Mbps/75GB to 75Mbps/100GB) and now this.

The service isn't half bad as well. And with increased online content, it helps to have more bandwidth at good speeds as well.

Too bad they had issues during the Vardah storm in Chennai. I guess they lost a lot of customers (my sister opted out).

1609 per month sounds a lot satisfying now.
Old 4th March 2017, 13:25   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Mine got upgraded to 175GB (ACT Lightning plan). An increase of 75GB over the original bandwidth.
Ditto here. As a confirmed cord cutter, this was quite a delightful surprise.
Old 4th March 2017, 19:23   #858
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am residing in Goregaon (West), Mumbai and I have a Hathway internet connection at home. We are on an annual plan which costs around Rs 10.2k per year and gives 50MBPS for 30GB per month.

Now, for many months we have been easily exceeding our monthly limit and we need to upgrade to a better plan. I called up customer care and they have a 100GB plan at speed of 50MBPS at 12.8k per year which amounts to 1,067 per month. I just wanted to check if this is a good deal?

We are very happy with the connection otherwise as we get decent speeds and our internet rarely goes down. I just wanted to check if these plans are costly or should we look at some other providers?

I would really appreciate inputs from people here!
Old 4th March 2017, 20:47   #859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post
.. they have a 100GB plan at speed of 50MBPS at 12.8k per year which amounts to 1,067 per month. I just wanted to check if this is a good deal?
Looks good. You can go for it.
Old 6th April 2017, 13:54   #860
BHPian

I am not finding the right thread. Moderators please help this post moved to a appropriate thread. My Tata DoCoMo broadband snapped after the 12th Dec 2016 Vardah cyclone. From then, until I terminated in February end, the internet connection did not work at all. It worked for hardly 10 days (out of 3 odd months, between January end and first week of Feb'17) after several contact with their support. For December month, they provided around 50% waiver. The plan that I had was 50GB 50MBPS and monthly rental was Rs. 2600 (without tax). For the month of January and February, they are asking me the pay the full bill despite of the fact that internet worked only for 10 days. I have sought usage report or a report on which are the days internet connection worked and they are not sharing the report. I have already contacted the Appellate officer and he is requesting to pay the full amount. I have told them that I will pay for the days the internet connection worked, but they are not relenting. Please advice what I should do.
Old 6th April 2017, 13:56   #861
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
I am not finding the right thread. Moderators please help this post moved to a appropriate thread.
This is the right place for your query. However I would highly recommend you go through this helpful thread as well.
Old 7th April 2017, 19:17   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k149in View Post
. I have told them that I will pay for the days the internet connection worked, but they are not relenting. Please advice what I should do.
Raise your complaint on pgportal and send Docomo a communication about the same. That should get them move from their stand.
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:50   #863

I am currently using ACT fibernet with 90 MBPS speed and 175 GB FUP limit. The charges come to Rs. 1494 (Rs.1299 Plan) per month. I’m reasonably happy with the service except during Vardah which was in anyway an exceptional case.

They continuously kept on increasing the speed and FUP limit at the same cost. However I received a new proposal from Hathway . The speed is 150MBPS and FUP limit is 1024 GB.(yes 1024 GB). The plan costs only Rs.999 (May be 1150 with tax). Post FUP (if at all I’m able to exhaust 1024 GB is 5MBPS. This offer is too good to resist and anyone in Chennai with Hathway experience can share their so that I can take an informed decision.
Old 2nd May 2017, 11:55   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
However I received a new proposal from Hathway . The speed is 150MBPS and FUP limit is 1024 GB.(yes 1024 GB). The plan costs only Rs.999 (May be 1150 with tax).
Which area are you in Chennai as Hathaway seems very attractive? This is useful for Netflix and Amazon prime as HD content for an hour seemed to use up 9gb or so.
I am on ACT and keep shuffling between the 90mbps plan and the 125mbps plan as I exhaust the 175Gb in about 15 days..
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:12   #865
Team-BHP Support

Recently Excitel has started pitching in my neighborhood. Their plans seem very refreshing. The cheapest plan is Rs.494 for 20mbps upload and the same 20mbps for downloads. You can go progressively higher and the ads seem to suggest speeds upto 100 mbps. When I tested I found the 20mbps dedicated download speed itself to be quite good!

The best part is that they do not have any FUP. Their pitch asks when you pay for unlimited then why have a FUP? Fine print says that one connection is for one household and if we ever discover that you are sharing your connection we will blacklist you forever and disconnect the connection immediately.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:01   #866
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumaranna View Post
I am currently using ACT fibernet with 90 MBPS speed and 175 GB FUP limit. The charges come to Rs. 1494 (Rs.1299 Plan) per month. I’m reasonably happy with the service except during Vardah which was in anyway an exceptional case.

They continuously kept on increasing the speed and FUP limit at the same cost. However I received a new proposal from Hathway . The speed is 150MBPS and FUP limit is 1024 GB.(yes 1024 GB). The plan costs only Rs.999 (May be 1150 with tax). Post FUP (if at all I’m able to exhaust 1024 GB is 5MBPS. This offer is too good to resist and anyone in Chennai with Hathway experience can share their so that I can take an informed decision.

Same here. Worried about their customer service

I have been a happy customer of ACT, but Hathway's new offer is too tempting - 150MBPS speed with 1024GB data per month all for Rs.999/month.

People in other cities rate them really bad on customer service, which scares me from switching over. Anyone in the forum already on Hathway?
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:26   #867
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Recently Excitel has started pitching in my neighborhood. Their plans seem very refreshing. The cheapest plan is Rs.494 for 20mbps upload and the same 20mbps for downloads. You can go progressively higher and the ads seem to suggest speeds upto 100 mbps. When I tested I found the 20mbps dedicated download speed itself to be quite good!

The best part is that they do not have any FUP. Their pitch asks when you pay for unlimited then why have a FUP? Fine print says that one connection is for one household and if we ever discover that you are sharing your connection we will blacklist you forever and disconnect the connection immediately.
I had the same connection in Delhi. They do deliver the promised speeds. Initially there was a downtime of 4-8hrs. (2-3 times, in a month, during night), but off late they were very stable.

There customer care was generally able to fix an issue(technical, basically recycled the connection).

I would recommend you to give them a try.

I moved from Delhi few months back, but I think they still are providing great service.
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:42   #868
BHPian

Over the past 8 months, after Jio was officially launched, my Airtel broadband has undergone phenomenal change!

Before: 8Mbps , 80GB FUP @ Rs. 2299+Tax
Now : 16Mbps, 125GB FUP @ Rs. 1299+Tax

Double everything @ Half the price!!
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:58   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Same here. Worried about their customer service

I have been a happy customer of ACT, but Hathway's new offer is too tempting - 150MBPS speed with 1024GB data per month all for Rs.999/month.

People in other cities rate them really bad on customer service, which scares me from switching over. Anyone in the forum already on Hathway?
I was a very happy customer of ACT for 6 years, until I moved to a new house. In my new house, the connection started dropping every 10-15 minutes, and their Engineers just couldn't find the issue.
I gave them 1.5 months to try and fix the problem, went through multiple visits from their Engineers, changed the complete wiring, moved the box to my house, but nothing could resolve the issue, so I finally had to disconnect their service.

The next best option available to me was Hathway, and I have been using it for 6 months now. The plan I am on, gives me 40 MBPS of speed, with a 200 GB FUP limit.
The connection sometimes drops for maybe 2-4 hours a month (I'm not home all the time), but comes back on it's own. The speed is quite constant though, and I don't find any real problems with their service so far.

My biggest complaint with Hathway, is their follow-up calls and messages for the payment. They start hounding me more than 10 days before the payment is due through both mediums, and I personally find it very annoying!

Cheers
Old 2nd May 2017, 21:04   #870
Team-BHP Support

If you value customer service, stay away from Hathway.

I'm an existing customer in Bangalore, and I finally gave in to their 'quarterly' offer where they provide extra validity and FUP limits if one pays up in advance for 3 months, as my usage will be going up in the near future.

I paid up but nothing happened after. No response to emails for two days and their billing helpdesk is not available on any other channel (IVR has an option but it just says send email to XYZ).

This level of service for something they pestered me no end to sign up. I shudder to think what they'll do if I asked for something voluntarily.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 2nd May 2017 at 21:06.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks