Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: How much do you pay for your broadband? - per month...
upto Rs.300 21 1.55%
Rs.301 - 500 65 4.80%
Rs.501-700 162 11.96%
Rs.701-1,000 410 30.26%
Rs.1,001 - 2000 569 41.99%
Rs.2001 - 5000 84 6.20%
Rs.5001 - 10000 11 0.81%
Don't have broadband!! 33 2.44%
Voters: 1355. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 01:54   #781
BHPian

Re: How much do you pay for your broadband?

Using Airtel 4G with Hotspot for last few months. Also migrated to Airtel 4G sim after pathetic Vodafone services. The speed is >40MBpS most of the time. Since I was the first customer in Pathankot they gave me maximu plan which was 20GB and I wasn't happy With that. After a month they have me 5GB per month free. Also subscribing to 5GB data on mobile too. Few days back Lyf (Jio communication) rep also came and offered very competitive price as beta project. Once bitten twice shy with reliance phone I refused the offer. Finally in desperation he offered me free unlimited 4G data plan for three months with Lyf mobile handset. He told me to consume as much as I can and he won't charge. I checked the speed and it wasn't near Airtel anyway. Politely refused the offer. I pay 1499/- for hot spot and 899/- for mobile .
Attached Thumbnails
How much do you pay for your broadband?-image.png  

Old 3rd August 2016, 14:52   #782
BHPian

How is ACT Broadband in HSR Layout, Bangalore? I am planning to take their 30Mbps 60GB FUP for 1149+tax plan.
Wanted to know how quickly do they resolve issues if there's a downtime?
Also, is Airtel better than ACT in HSR?
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:01   #783
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
How is ACT Broadband in HSR Layout, Bangalore? I am planning to take their 30Mbps 60GB FUP for 1149+tax plan.
Wanted to know how quickly do they resolve issues if there's a downtime?
Also, is Airtel better than ACT in HSR?
ACT is excellent throughout bangalore (and chennai where I use it) - their 100 Mbps plan for Rs. 1999 + tax s excellent value for money - for the cost of maybe a restaurant dinner more, per month.

I used to use ACT in Sarjapur Road - just down the road from HSR - for quite a while, fast, stable and responsive service.

Airtel will give you 8 Mbps for about the same rate if my memory serves me right.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:02   #784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
How is ACT Broadband in HSR Layout, Bangalore?
Pretty decent. I have a corporate 200 mbps connection and it seems to be doing ok. The service was good but then it may be because it is a corporate connection.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:11   #785
Distinguished - BHPian

Just dont expect too much from the field staff when you want something. When we wanted a connection, they were very very prompt. When we call them after that, it's the usual indifference.

Also, yesterday when trying to pay the monthly charges, the acttv.in based link to the account just did not load. I spoke to customer care, and she had a time trying to comprehend the problem.

Edit:
The connection is for a family friend, but I have been on it from the time of ordering the connection. Personally, I am with BSNL. Far better people response, and a stable connection here in JP nagar.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:17   #786
BHPian

I have the BSNL broadband connection.
4Mbps(download speed 450kBps) till 50Gb, 1Mbps thereafter. 500 free BSNL to BSNL calls.
999+tax.
Considering I live in Ahmedabad, it is more than enough and pretty VFM too as I have just a little over 50Gb use per month.
BSNL customer service has improved a lot over the period of time.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:35   #787
Distinguished - BHPian

I was on a unlimited data 3G plan with Reliance CDMA and very happy with it (used to get actual download speed of 1 Mbps minimum which suited my requirement). Last month Reliance forced me to upgrade to 4G citing that their 3G services were closing down. They assured me that my billing plan would remain the same so I said why not? And opted for 4G.

Yesterday I called about some billing issue and these guys inform me that I have been put on a 5GB plan after which my service will be throttled at 144 kbps that too at some charge per kb. I told them they had promised to keep me on teh same data plan which they agreed to, and replied that after migrating customer to 4G, the data plan has been changed

I told them that this is fraud and the guy replies, I am only giving you the information, sir. Told him I don't want your connection then and he coolly replies, let me transfer you to the cancellation department.

Damn- after all that we know about this company and how it operates how do we fall for their nonsense again and again? For now I have not yet cancelled the connection because in my Mumbai flat we don't get any signal for voice let alone data, except Reliance. But this is just not done.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:52   #788
BHPian

Been using BSNL for the past year in small town Tamil Nadu, because its the only option. Notwithstanding, their service has been excellent, with no downtimes to speak of. Monthly bill is 2640/- (incl ST), 4Mbps/80GB, usually get around 3-3.5.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:09   #789
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

1609 per month. ACT Fibernet
50MBPS speed
75GB Download Free
Pay 6 months advance and get one month free is the deal.
Well worth it. Very stable connection overall.
Rare disruptions.
Overall happy with this.

Compared with that rubbishy Tikona, this is Bliss!
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:32   #790
BHPian

I stay 25 km outside Mumbai in western suburbs.
How is Tikona reliability being it is wireless? Because I have heard if it loses connectivity, it has to be again connected by their technician and sometime technician takes even couple of days to turn up.
I have local internet service with 6k for 6 months of 2mbps plan without any upper usage cap. However couple of months the service had been down many times even without power outage. Power outage has increased recently here.
Unfortunately there is no other good option except Tikona. In case of Tikona since power to modem is through our own home can it be used with the help of inverter?
BSNL has worst service in our area and we have even disconnected their landline.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 3rd August 2016 at 18:34.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:42   #791
Senior - BHPian

Vovinet - ( Pune )

2400 for 4 months = 600s per month
15 mbps, download limit = 30gb per month.

---------------------------
Mumbai , where my parents stay, it is only Rs 2200 per YEAR @ 10mpbs.
Unlimited download

My friend took a bulk connection from one of service providers and we have distributed that using a switch in our building. It works well for all.
Also service provider is ok as long as we distribute it within our building only.
Speed is decent.

Last edited by silverado : 3rd August 2016 at 18:45.
Old 3rd August 2016, 18:48   #792
BHPian

Been using Hathway broadband for 3 years now.
Ultramax 600 prepaid plan.
512 mbps (actual transfer rate is 55 kbps approx), 6250 Rs annually.
I've been facing lot of connectivity issues lately, have to restart the modem and router to get connected, anything specific I should get fixed?

TIA!
Old 3rd August 2016, 20:01   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
My friend took a bulk connection from one of service providers and we have distributed that using a switch in our building. It works well for all. Also service provider is ok as long as we distribute it within our building only. Speed is decent.
The fun problem is that if you are providing all this over a NAT, if one guy in your building gets his computer infected and used for say a DDoS attack against Google, they will start filtering traffic from the IP, or putting up a captcha for any access from the IP, which will affect all residents.

This is a quite problematic setup to get right - individual connections to the home are going to be much more effective for you especially where the provider doesn't do all the natting at his end but actually gives you public IPs but that's an increasingly rare thing because no ISP in India seems to care about IPv6.
Old 3rd August 2016, 22:21   #794
BHPian

Last month i upgraded my home broadband setup from MTNL (freedon 1409) / Asus N10 modem to Airtel and Den Broadband. Router also changed to Asus RT-AC5300.

I've 4Mbps/200GB Airtel plan for Rs. 2499 and Den Broadband (cable) Rs. 1349 20Mbps/100 GB plan with load sharing on Asus RT-AC5300.

My primary reasons for having airtel were : Tempting all India free calling on any network and accessibility to a public IP address (no cable broadband gives that) for remote viewing of home cctv cameras.

Last edited by DwarkaDelhiWala : 3rd August 2016 at 22:40.
Old 3rd August 2016, 23:11   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
I have a corporate 200 mbps connection and it seems to be doing ok.
Is the corporate connection due to a tie up of ACT and the organization that you work for?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks