Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2006, 23:19   #91
BANNED

Low Calorie Zone...

hey guys.......this ones really off topic....buttttt........very important for everybody..........theres an old saying that Health is wealth............which is quite true....

so basically this thread is for all those who wanna stay fit n healthy. and for ppl who wanna get outta that "A FEW EXTRA POUNDS" thingy...
I am sure there are many ppl on this forum who are obese or a lil chubby.Im making a request to all the fellow team bhpians to please share whatever you know about CALORIE CAUTIOUS DIETS.like what to eat n what to avoid.which fruit has more calories n which has less.what to drink n what not to. an everything else related to healthy food.

earlier i was a die hard fan of pizzas with loads of chicken n extra cheese :P .but gradually i ws becoming really fat.so finally made up my mind n quitted junk food completely.earlier i had a lil problem coz i was not very used to living without eating pizzas,but then slowly n gradually,i lost my appetite for it.n now i barely eat any pizzas.they dont tempt me much,n now my regular diet includes

1) a light breakfast of milk n corn flakes.
2)n then a proper lunch,(3-4 chapattis with sum green veg. n dal n diet pepsi)
3)n after that, an evening tea w/o sugar,
4)n then finally,the last meal of the day,dinner(again 3-4 chapattis n green veg. along with diet pepsi i just looove diet pepsi hehe)

guys believe me,i have lost almost more than 13 kgs in just two months.n i dont even work out(cuz im too lazy fr dat :P).i just jog around 3-4 kmph a day(that too not every day),thats it.

now im done with my part.

now its ur turn fellow bhpians.say whatever u feel like,give tips,advise on how to reduce weight n stay fit,share whatever u have to.

trust me,this is no "waste of time" thread.its for your betterment.(n mine too )

so please.........talk it out guys,many people are waiting for your replies.including me.

thanx in advance!!!

Last edited by twister : 21st June 2006 at 23:20.
Old 21st June 2006, 23:27   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by twister
i just jog around 3-4 kmph a day(that too not every day),thats it.
Typo i guess or do u jog 50kms a day...
Old 21st June 2006, 23:30   #93
Senior - BHPian

Corn Flakes? Oatmeal is a better option.
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:09   #94
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Typo i guess or do u jog 50kms a day...
oooops........lol......srry that was 3-4 kms :P.....

after all imma team bhpian lolz
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:14   #95
BHPian

try pranayam and a bit of yoga i lost around 10kgs in 2 months time without any specific diet i eat everything but in limit
Old 22nd June 2006, 00:16   #96
BANNED

well.....there`s one more thing i would like to share,even plain chapatti has got FAT in it.so what u can do is,avoid chappatis in any one meal n instead eat BROWN BREAD.it is less fatty as compared to chapattis n regular white bread.n its even better than white bread *yummy yummy* lol
Old 22nd June 2006, 07:56   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
try pranayam and a bit of yoga i lost around 10kgs in 2 months time without any specific diet i eat everything but in limit

Pranayam definitly helps... try it.
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:33   #98
BHPian

Hey twister, Jogging is the best we overweight people can do to lose weight. In my school days had shed almost 20-25 kgs in 3 mnts was real fat at that time.

What I do is drink lot of water and especially before meals as to fill up my stomach which results in less intake of food. The Mantra to stay fit is to be regular and disciplined (still striving for it). Or we can join some dance classes where there are lot of babes to keep the metabolic and motivation level real high.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:13   #99
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by horsepower
Or we can join some dance classes where there are lot of babes to keep the metabolic and motivation level real high.
lolz....thats a gud one....hehe......if thats the case,then i must say that aerobics is really cool *wink wink* .by the way, does any fellow member go to sri fort sports complex here in delhi??? im regular to that place.good place,good environment,good gym,good track,good everything,n yea......good chikkaz too
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:23   #100
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Threads merged.
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:21   #101
BANNED

Hey, Eat well and at the right time and do a few basic activities daily and you will stay healthy . Health is not only about what you eat .. it also depends on the exercise that you do during the day .. the air around you , the quality of food , etc

Ill give you a few examples of whats happening today .... that is leading to India having teh highest case of obesity in people.

1) Milk -- In cities kids are made to drink milk form Mother Dairy , etc . This milk aint healthy as its a mixture of goat, cow, buffalo and at times even synthetic milk made from urea, washing powder, cookin oil and earthworms. Also cow given a hormonal injection for more milk which is passed onto kids/people who consume that milk and it leads to early puberty, obesity , gastro problems, etc .

2) Coke & fast food -- Coke is harmful and addictive . Very fattening and shud be big NO for people !!! But we dont care .. do we ? Fast food -- See the American size and you will get the answers ..

3) Vegetables/fruits -- Heavy use of chemicals used .... residue stays no matter how many times you wash it !!

I could GO ON AND ON ... .. but the point here is that either you should exercise in ratio to the amount you eat . Butter may not be fine but desi ghee is just fine .. but as long as you burn it out during teh day . I believe .. eat what you want ... but eat at the right times . Also small exercises like .. walking up the stairs instead of the lift ... go walking for shopping if its near by and if its very close take a longer route . Its better to walk in teh mornings in the cities as the air is fresher .... etc !! Try shifting to Organic foods .. maybe more expensive but in the long run much more healthier for your over all system .

And if nothing works still .... Come to Himachal !!! Stay for a month with me .... See the weight vanish ...

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:28   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Its better to walk in teh mornings in the cities as the air is fresher .
Actually, the morning is the worst time, as the relatively cooler air traps the pollutants. If its clean(er) air you're after, walking on a treadmill in an AC gym is the best bet. Afterall, how many of us are lucky enough to live high up in the hills like Khaadu!
Old 22nd June 2006, 16:53   #103
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Actually, the morning is the worst time, as the relatively cooler air traps the pollutants. If its clean(er) air you're after, walking on a treadmill in an AC gym is the best bet. Afterall, how many of us are lucky enough to live high up in the hills like Khaadu!
Rtech, Well thats a new angle that Ijust learnt from you ..... I said early morning coz since child hood we have been told about the early morning air as being the freshest . I will re confirm again ...

though wat I was saying was that its an entire package ..when it comes to health !!!

Cheers
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:05   #104
Senior - BHPian

Is this just coincidence or luck that I found this thread today ?

I started working out in a gym quite late in life in 2002, did it religiously for a year and then quit (after my colleague who introduced me to gymming and with whom I used to workout, quit the company). Now, 4 years later, the fitness bug bit me again. Reasons being the annual checkup indicating that my cholestrol levels are higher than normal, and my being 2kgs overweight based on my height (BMI calculation). Also as you get older, you tend to become more realistic about yourself and the "I am immortal" line of your teens seems to fade.

So, since a month ago, I have started a daily exercise routine and was wondering where I would get some tips on the same. And bang, I see this thread today. Gordon/others, you still following this thread ? If so, suggest me some tips. I am not into steroids or supplements etc. I believe in doing things the normal, hard way.

1) What I am looking at ?
Some regular exercise to compensate for the sedentary lifestyle that comes with working in I.T. In the process, also build some muscle (mainly biceps, triceps, chest, lats), lose the slight paunch that I have and become normally healthy. The end result, I assume, should also work in reducing my cholestrol levels.

2) What I am doing currently ?
I currently brisk walk (Yes, Shantanu, I agree with your view on this) for around 3kms every day. Do some stretching exercises for the abdomen. Work on the bullworker a bit for the chest and other upper body muscles. And last week acquired a 5kg dumbbell to assist in biceps/triceps muscle building.

3) What are my doubts ?
- Am I doing it right ? I mean the exercise schedule mentioned above - is it OK ? Or am I doing something stupid that could cause harm ?
- What is the cycle for doing dumbbells for biceps/triceps. I mean, if it is biceps today, after how many days should I work those muscles again? Same for triceps? And how many sets for each ?

Phew!!! Long post. Hope someone has the answers for me.
Old 22nd June 2006, 19:43   #105
BHPian

I never believed until I saw it happening in my Family.

Yoga, specially Pranayam helps a lot for your fitness.
My Aunt lost 17 kgs straight in 2 months by doing whatever Baba Ramdev teaches on TV.
moreover, her Sugar which never came below 300( with drugs) is now 105-110 ( without Drugs).

Now I have real faith in Yoga and meditaion and practice KapaalBhaati and Anulom Vilom Pranayam everyday.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks