Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2007, 21:15   #166
Team-BHP Support

I do stretching almost every day.
Most good trainers built it into the schedule.
Old 24th April 2007, 23:33   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Hey Cali, thank you friend, the reason i incorporated this routine , 1stly work timings, 2ndly summer , 3rdly was doing a single body part for more than 4 weeks, so thought to give a change...

There could be more to this also... like splits which i have mentioned as
Monday:chest/shoulder
tuesday:cardio
wednesday:back
thursday:cardio
friday:biceps/triceps
saturday:legs
This workout is usually called a certified one (i could be wrong, but thats the information i got about it)

If again less time in hand in a week for your workouts you could do this also which is more often called a professional one:
Monday chest/shoulder/triceps
tuesday: rest or cardio (depends whether you wana put on weight or just get ripped)
wednesday back/biceps
thursday:rest or cardio (same tuesday)
Friday: legs
Saturday:
Sunday: Outdoor games like Football, basket ball, or any other sports

Make sure you do more compound movements during split workouts, make the right choice of exercise depending on the body type.

Note: any body part if you wish to do twice a week, make sure u have a gap of atleast 48-72 hours between the workout of the required body part. Example: if you want to train your pectorial muscles (chest) more put a gap of atleast 3 days between the two chest trainings.
This is what i do for my training schedules.
Hope this mite help you CALI.

thanx man. The combo looks interesting. What is ur diet like? anyone here read men's health??? if not, start...its damn cheap for a subscription, but i do find the indian edition lacking compared to the US one. If you are in bang, u can get all the foreign mags from the magazine shop on church street next to the levi's store.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:28   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
hey guys.. i just noticed.. no one has mentioned anything on stretching.. isnt it imp for you...... and yes whats the target of exercising.. i mean what is that which one is looking for.... a good looking physique... endurance.... or just to exercise to be active.. ones schedule should depend on what one needs or wants to achieve overall and it should target that...

hey Invincible: i try to do stretching before the workout as well as after the work out. I believe one should keep flexing the muscle after every set of the muscle trained, reason being to get more oxygen to your muscle fibres. (correct me if i am wrong)

The type of workouts depend on what exactly the person is looking for, i am looking for mass with ripness, though for that type i have to take care of my diet, but i cant compromise on that part lols , stil enjoy my workout style.
Old 25th April 2007, 11:35   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliAtenza View Post
thanx man. The combo looks interesting. What is ur diet like? anyone here read men's health??? if not, start...its damn cheap for a subscription, but i do find the indian edition lacking compared to the US one. If you are in bang, u can get all the foreign mags from the magazine shop on church street next to the levi's store.
Diet: No Diet as such, i try to have eggs and chicken, one more healthy food i take in for a healthy day is Oatmeal with milk, feel really good, great fibre proteins if taken throughout the day at good intervals. Good For mass building too.

Thats it no special diet. LOLS
Old 25th April 2007, 11:41   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Diet: No Diet as such, i try to have eggs and chicken, one more healthy food i take in for a healthy day is Oatmeal with milk, feel really good, great fibre proteins if taken throughout the day at good intervals. Good For mass building too.

Thats it no special diet. LOLS
yeah i need to start taking in more fiber. I wish there was a Subway near my place...
Old 25th April 2007, 13:13   #171
BHPian

yeah man that is required, lols, one more thing to add in ur daily eatings, is DATES, they are healthy tooo.
Old 25th April 2007, 13:27   #172
BHPian

@sohail... for gaining mass u wud need to concentrate on food/diet..... remember its always 80% diet and 20% exercise that makes a good physique..... and my 2% for the schedule u have.. try to concentrate more on one part at a time rather than all at a time..i.e try building the body parts in sections.. u can gain better results this way... and to start with start of with the weakest part....
Old 25th April 2007, 14:01   #173
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am Five Feet eleven inches in height and 79 kgs in weight and my BMI suggests that i am little over weight.How can i reduce weight without taking any additional Supplements.I am open for a diet and physical exercise.What kind of exercise i must do reduce weight and to be precise,to lose a little tummy.Please help.
Old 25th April 2007, 14:55   #174
BHPian

@invincible : i believe it also depends on body type, i agree with you on the 80% diet and 20% exercise and 2% extra on the schedule As i mentioned on my earlier post, the reason for me taking the split workout was, 1) hectic work timings 2) summer 3) was doing a single body part from a long time, so thought to give a change in workout, now will try to stick to 4 week schedules.

I have been working out from 3years now, started off with age 21 and weight 50, worked may out to gain 30 kgs in 6 months, and then from then onwards have been playing with it between 80-88kgs every now and then, some times i drop it till 78 kgs and sometimes bulk it up to 90 for size. Now i am 24.

As per the weaker parts , i try doing it twice a week. I usually end up doing bigger body part earlier and then some light weights of smaller body part along with it. Most of the exercise goes until failure. So now will change every week between light , moderate and then heavy.

invincible this process will just be for 4 weeks, then will go back to single body part in the monsoon, then winter would be again split. what say is it cool until then. Do let me know more about my plans .

DIET : hate dieting .. so I eat as much as possible, then sweat it out at the gym, yeah two things out of the menu i.e. Rice at Dinner and Butter at breakfast. Rest All cool, like junk food and stuffs all in nothing out.

Hey thank you invincible for the advices keep sending them, helps me learn more. Do correct me if i am wrong at any lines
Old 25th April 2007, 16:30   #175
BHPian

@Sohail.. dieting is never the solution for weight problems.. but one should be aware whats good for ones body.... so instead of eating as much as possible.. try to control it.. chart out a diet and stick to it... for eg/. for 10 days stick to one chart and then change it accordingly to vary taste and intake for body, junk food should be avoided as it doesnt help in anyways and so does the aerated drinks.... take good proteins intake.. sources are soyabeans (daal and nutrela), fish, chicken, eggs..... try to combine some of these.. for couple of days... as far as suppliments are concerned most of them i think are more on the -ve side they get altered here in India to gain profits. and moreover i believe natural diets are the best.
Old 26th April 2007, 11:12   #176
BHPian

@invincible: the diet plan for any regular day for me goes like this
breakfast
Bread - With jam atleast 13-15 slices
Tea
Boiled Eggs 6 (no york)
Oatmeal with 3000ml milk

Lunch : regular what the dabba wala gives

Evening - Pure Magic biscuit or sandwiches

Dinner : What Wifey cooks + fruits + 6 boiled eggs + chocolate + 300ml milk

Water intake atleast 3-4 litres.
Sundays i have a complete boiled chicken with Maggi Noodles (chicken to be eaten in two half in a gap of two hours)
Old 26th April 2007, 12:49   #177
BHPian

wats ur current weight..... to gain try the combo of one choc + pepsi or coke.... it will add real fast.... or banana shakes...
Old 26th April 2007, 14:10   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raajiv View Post
Hi Guys,

I am Five Feet eleven inches in height and 79 kgs in weight and my BMI suggests that i am little over weight.How can i reduce weight without taking any additional Supplements.I am open for a diet and physical exercise.What kind of exercise i must do reduce weight and to be precise,to lose a little tummy.Please help.
Hi! Raajiv,

I am also close to six and probably same as you. The best way to loose flab is by jogging or running and discipline our eating habits. I know it is difficult to start, but once you get into a routine you will enjoy it.

Try not to eat fried and fatty food, instead when hungry you can eat fruits( Try to avoid banana, mangoes at this stage). don't skip your meals and take dinner early.

You will find number of articles on food on the internet. But the best way is to eat in moderationa and avoid anything oily and fried at this stage when you want to loose some flab. Once you have reached a satisfactory level you can eat everything but in moderation. In short adapt yourself to such a lifestyle where you exercise regularly and eat in moderation.

Hope you loose all those kg's soon. Happy running.
Old 26th April 2007, 14:11   #179
BHPian

Sohail - I am a fan of your diet. Hoping that someday soon I reach to those levels
Keep sweating it out dude!
Old 26th April 2007, 16:13   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by invincible7 View Post
wats ur current weight..... to gain try the combo of one choc + pepsi or coke.... it will add real fast.... or banana shakes...
@Invincible - i Weight 86.5, size specifications will get it tommr. For now the only things last i measured was,
Biceps - 17inches (flex) 16 (relax)
Waist 33
Wrist - 7 1/2
forearms 12-13

Will add the Leg , chest, shoulers, neck tomorrow. Will measure is today LOLS
i dont like areated Drinks more,of a Juice fan.
Banana Shake reminds me of 6 raw egg white with 2 bananas with half a litre of milk, but then stopped after the Bird Flu thingy, and stopped banana because cold.

@hmishra - hahahah are you making fun of my diet lols , love to sweat it out at the gym

Most Viewed