Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2007, 17:20   #256
Senior - BHPian

Thanks alot Sohail, i was going to the gym now, but i was sure you must have replied to my queries, that was indeed very helpful.

Quote:
By the way, do a proper stretching after completing your workout, so that there is enough blood circulation for your muscles.
I do make it a point to do that.

What should be the pre-workout and post-workout food.

My post workout food includes 3 egg whites and whey protein but i have heard you should consume carbs too?

What about Creatine Monohydrate as a supplement i have heard its safe?
Old 28th May 2007, 17:32   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedweednitro View Post
Hi friends what about steriods are they good? I know one builder who is using them and says if you use properly then no problems and you get huge body, but then I also heard from someone that if you use steroids then your private becomes small and doesn't work properly (ha ha I don't know how else to say this on team-bhp )
About Steroids, they are safe IF (REPEAT IF) taken and cycled properly. But it is tooo risky, the side-effects and results you may recieve can be horrific. It is actually not worth the risk. However, if everything goes right [IF!!!] then you can turn out to be awesome!! If not, you'll be suffering all your life (READ short life).

Always remember, Steroids and Dietary Supplements are very different. They are in no way similar to each other. They are way apart. Both need to suit your body to get proper results. Dietary supplements are much much safer than steroids.

To know more about Steroids, click below:

Drugs Vs Natural
Bodybuilding.com - John Stamatopoulos - Drugs Vs. Natural!

From this thread post no. 45

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/57118-post45.html
Old 28th May 2007, 17:47   #258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
speedweednitro[/b] ]Hi friends what about steriods are they good? I know one builder who is using them and says if you use properly then no problems and you get huge body,
ANABOLIC steroids are meant for you if you need to pack on say 15-20kgs of Muscle Mass(read compete) in a short span (read 2 years). So yes they are good for that.

Anabolics help in recovery, they dont necessarily make you huge.

EATING = BIG , LIFTING = STRONG, ANABOLICS = RESISTANCE/RECOVERY

Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
speedweednitro[/b] but then I also heard from someone that if you use steroids then your private becomes small and doesn't work properly (ha ha I don't know how else to say this on team-bhp
Regarding your privates : Usually most basic Anabolic stacks begin with Testosterone. So if you keep shooting up for an extended period of time your body STOPS producing natrual test, resulting in your ***** shrinking. This can be countered with PCT(post cycle therapy) and going off the substance for sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Stay away from those things. If you are into competition, then you can take a risk if you wish. But my advice would be - don't fool around with such stuff.
Exactly, if your going to compete and you need to get massive fast then yes its worth your time and money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
My post workout food includes 3 egg whites and whey protein but i have heard you should consume carbs too?

What about Creatine Monohydrate as a supplement i have heard its safe?
Here's a little secret, buy dextrose(glucon d) and chuck in 3-4 tsp with your whey protien!!

Monohydrate is safe. Just go for a "creapure" label brand, most reputed companies use creapure. And skip the loading phase

Quote:
About Steroids, they are safe IF (REPEAT IF) taken and cycled properly. But it is tooo risky, the side-effects and results you may recieve can be horrific.

Always remember, Steroids and Dietary Supplements are very different.
You my man, are very wise! Good to see that people keep themselves informed instead of going by the usual gym "myths".

Damn all this gyaan makes me want to go back to the gym.... soon hopefully.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:05   #259
Senior - BHPian

BUMP any more inputs from newer members, Sohail, Centro?
Old 28th May 2007, 18:10   #260
BHPian

pre wokout: bananas, post workout eggs, whey, carbs... thats all about it.

Sorry pal am not into Supplements, so those words and names would be greek for me.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:12   #261
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Souljah & Sohail for your inputs.

Guys you can write your measurements here

Quote:
Here's a little secret, buy dextrose(glucon d) and chuck in 3-4 tsp with your whey protien!!
I usually have Whey in Milk so if i add Glucon D in Whey wont it be awful?

How is Coaches Formula Creatine? I can have it in Glucose during my workout?

Last edited by BUSA : 28th May 2007 at 18:14.
Old 28th May 2007, 18:15   #262
BHPian

This iS very interesting, well well, will make it a point to get my stats today, and will post it tomorrow morning 1st thing. I guess can write and write more about it...., i hope the two threads are going to be merged, cos there is a possibilty of members posting their queries in this thread tooo... what say....

By the way you guys are bigtime in supplements, which i am not.... so way big difference.... LOLS

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 28th May 2007 at 18:16.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:06   #263
BHPian

I started working out after I completed my first year. I used to get too bored sitting at home in front of the comp the whole day. And I hated the way I looked with a tummy and fat all over my body. And that too at the age of 18 . My mom constantly used to dato me for being in such a bad shape. And this being in bad shape had spillovers in my life too. I never used to go out. I wasn't motivated to do anything. And was a lazy guy all around. So I got bored of it and decided to take action. But I didn't just go to the gym and start lifting weights. I devoted about a week to research diets, exercises etc even before I lifted my first weight. I worked out from May to September and then a bout of fever for 2 weeks and also my university started and I couldn't keep up with my strict diet so I stopped lifting(remember lifting is nothing without eating).

Now I don't remember my before stats but these are my after stats from abt 8 months ago.

Height: 5'9
Weight: 175lbs(79-80kgs)
Arms [unflexed]: 12.5"
Arms [flexed]: 13.5"
Forarms: N/A
Chest: 39.5"
Shoulders: N/A
Quads: 22"
Calves: 14.5ish"
Waist: 34"
Body-fat percentage: 14%

Supplements: Just whey protein. And a multivitamin pill taken once a day

Diet: Daily intake of about 160gms of proteins, 550gm of carbs and 90gms of fats.

Here is my detailed diet

I will just post the protein value in the sidebrakcets.
7:30AM Just after waking up: 250ml milk + 1 scoop whey(30gm protein)

8:30AM Breakfast: Usually cereal + milk + nuts (15gm)

10:30AM: Bagel + peanut butter + packet soup( 14-15gm)

1 or 2PM Lunch: Rice/roti + sambhar/dal + yogurt + sabzi(or sprouts) = (atleast 30gm I would guess, probably more)

5PM: Protein bar + some crackers (20gms) OR Milk + whey protein(25gms)

8PM or 9PM Dinner: 2Eggs + Same as lunch but usually with salads or something extra (45gms)

1030PM or so: Fruits and milk(6gm)

Total protein: 160+/-5gms.

On workout days I would have an extra protein shake(another 25gms of protein).

Training

Training was simple for me. Just three major exercises and supplementary exercises. For 2 months I was on the newbie routine to let my body and CNS get accustomed to weight lifting. I wanted to ease into it and get my newbie gains without too much effort.

Routine 1 (about 1.5 months)

Day One:

Bench Press 2 x 6-8

Incline Press, or incline Fly 2 x 10-12

Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 2 x 6-8

Tricep Pushdowns 2 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure OR latpulldown: 3 x 8-10

Barbell Row 2 x 8

Squats 2 x 10

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 1 x 10

Routine two(After I became more experienced)

Day 1: Chest and triceps and shoulders

DB/BB bench press : 5x5( if I went with a friend) or 4x8

Incline/decline: 3 x 8

Military press: 3 x 8

Tricep(assisted) Dips: 3 x 10

ABs: 3 x 10

Day 2: Back

Deadlifts: 3 x 10(excluding warmups)

Latpulldown OR pullups: If it was pullups 3 x till I can't do anymore, if it was pulldown 3 x 8-10

Barbell row : 3 x 10

You will see that I have no bicep and forearm exercises. That's because when you do deadlifts your forearms will get worked better than any other forearm exercises. And if you do pullups or barbell row your biceps get worked pretty good.

Day 3: Legs

Squats: 3 x 10(excluding warmups)

Leg press: 4 x 8

I also used to do sprints to build some strength.

That's it for my whole routine.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:16   #264
BHPian

Hey Gordon and Stud: Gents, please be cautious about increasing the wt anyhow. Once the the waist size gets into a habit of growing, its very difficult to stop the growth
Old 28th May 2007, 20:26   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Goal: 75 kgs, gain mainly muscle mass.

Before

Waist: 27"
After

Waist: 32"

Couldn't help noticing, you've put on mainly muscle, and yet 5" on your waist?
Quote:
Supplements:
Mega Mass 4000
This supplement helped a lot. Took this for a year and got some gains.
Serious Mass
Recently bought it. Made a new diet and started taking this. Added approx 0.7 inch on my arms in one workout with the new diet and Serious Mass.
I prefer icecream. VFM, tastes better, more easily available.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
I was always on a huge diet. I try to eat every three hours.
Me too! Though I try to eat more often. Like every 20 minutes.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:39   #266
Senior - BHPian

Whatever you do guys be careful about what you do. I learnt it the hard way, let me explain.

As a kid in boarding house I suffered a nasty fall around the age of 10 years in which I got hurt at the base of my spine. After a few days of Iodex & Hot Water bottles the pain went away & I thought I had healed. However, a few years later I realised that if I arched down for extended periods of time (Like say when I was chaging my car's flat tyre) I would feel slight pain at the base of my back. I continued ignoring it as I thought it was no big matter.

Then when I got into 11th standard and the bug to build my physique started and I joined a gym. After doing weights for about 3 months I couldn't gain much due to my naturally wiry frame, hence me & my trainer increased the weights a bit more. Bad move as I learnt later.

After a few days I started suffering excruciating pain in my back. Consulted a renowned Orthopaedic surgeon who put me on painkillers & advised Traction at a physiotherapy centre. Once I had traction done my situation worsened so bad that I had constant pain from my wrists to my neck down to my feet, I found it hard to even climb out of bed.

Finally, consulted another expert & it was diagnosed after an MRI and a myriad of tests that I had a slipped L5 disc which was causing this pain. After that regular exercising and physiotherapy brought me to a situation where I don't have a problem doing day-to-day activities but it took a lot of time & patience.

Moral of the story being, please make sure your trainer knows what he's doing & don't over exert yourself. it certainly ain't worth a lifetime of pain & suffering. Like I learnt albeit a little too late.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:46   #267
BHPian

i gained 7kg in 2 weeks, went from 72 to 79.
sorry i dont measure myself

Supplements taken
Optimum Nutrition 100% whey protein

Training
chest, triceps day 1
legs biceps day 3
back, shoulders day 5

abs on day 1, 3, and 5.
the other 4 days in the week i stay away from the gym. though i play some basketball and soccer once a week.

Diet
eat 8am
eat 11 am
eat 2pm
weight gain shake 5pm . 2 scoops ice cream, huge spoon of peanut butter, 2 bananas, 500ml whole milk, 30gm whey protein, one egg
eat 8pm
protein shake 10pm

on gym days one meal is replaced with 60gm whey right after gym

WARNING: my diet might cause serious health problems in the long run for you. i accept no responsibility for that.

Last edited by cheap_deal : 28th May 2007 at 20:50.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:47   #268
Senior - BHPian

Guys please note that this thead is more than 2 years ago. I guess Gordon and Studbuddy's measurements might have changed a bit now.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:49   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I usually have Whey in Milk so if i add Glucon D in Whey wont it be awful?

How is Coaches Formula Creatine? I can have it in Glucose during my workout?
Im lactose intolerant, so no milk for me :(

If your worried about taste then just chase your protien shake with Glucose in water. H20 is a Bodybuilders best friend !! But glucose in milk wont taste bad, it will just get a tad sweeter (supps usually taste crap anyway)

Coaches Formula products are a money making gimmic.

Like I said stick to CrM brands that use CREAPURE. Everything else is not worth your $.
Old 28th May 2007, 20:56   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Supplements: Mega Mass 4000 , Serious Mass
If you still have money to spend on supps for gaining mass try San Nutrition products (slightly more expensive but worthwhile) or EAS Myoplex.

c3p0 is right though, food is the ULTIMATE supplement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks