Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2007, 23:20   #211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
started doin thread mill daily... will it be sufficient...
Tread mill wont be enough, you need to do abs, crunches et all.
Old 17th May 2007, 00:35   #212
BHPian

there is nothing like spot reduction of fat,like if you do crunches you will lose fat from that area the best rule to follow to loose fat is your daily energy expenditure to run your bodily functions should be more than what you intake simple as that,but dont take it to a extreme that the body goes into starvation mode
Old 17th May 2007, 10:35   #213
BHPian

Hey Zenopio cool, you got your answer , you can do cardio everyday.
Approx 20mins, slow running at a normal speed, dont sprint lols... an again abs , crunches, leg raises.. and you'll be done with the fat from that area where you want tooo...
Old 17th May 2007, 22:17   #214
BANNED

thanks guys for the replies............
Old 17th May 2007, 22:31   #215
BHPian

Two years back, One summer My water intake went up, i used to feel thirsty always...Then my diet went up..Then my weight..Today I'm on 93 Kg for 6 Ft tall guy, ...Everything else is fine..However I have a Nice Belly and Double Chin..!

I have been swimming for a month and more..But hardly lost any of the extra fat...!

Thinking of joining a Gym or so along with it..! Will this Help..I want to go back to the Athelte I was.

I'm a Social Drinker, but consume 4-5 ciggerettes a day.
Allergic to Tomato, Egg...But can consume dishes with them as long as they don't smell of them.

Generally I have a Glass of Bournvita and 2 toasts in the morning, Usually skip lunch, Heavy Dinner.

Junk Food ocassionally, Grilled Chicken-Afgani Chicken-Butter Chicken-KFC..Are my ideas of food on a saturday night..though ocassionally..!

How do I lose weight guys, Please help me out...before I'm driven to VLCC or Kidnap Adnan Sami's Health Trainer...!
Old 18th May 2007, 00:18   #216
BHPian

you have to completely overhaul your diet and even the eating pattern as the saying goes breakfast like a king,lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper,i know difficult to implement but atleast should be done five days a week
Old 18th May 2007, 00:54   #217
BHPian

But how, any recommended dietary plans will help...I really want to lose 15-20 Kgs...!
Old 18th May 2007, 02:02   #218
Senior - BHPian

wolf.

post your "heavy" dinner contents on avg, and also ur life style (how many hours on a chair, couch, before TV to be specific).

when you refer to two years back, did something change? moved to college, hostel, picked up a new job, started getting extra money (sal, pocket money), moved to a car/bike?

these factors apart from genetics will trigger what you experienced. and it is not very tough to get rid of it, provided you really want it.

for that, quick question, will you be able to quit the material comfort that you acquired two yrs back? (i.e. if you answered yes to the question above)
Old 18th May 2007, 08:42   #219
BHPian

Protien and Supplement Availibitly?

Just wondering - Are proteins and supplements easily availabe in India at a reasonable price? Slight possiblity of relocating to India later this year and I want to know if I should stock up and bring my daily dose of supplements in me or are the following available or substitutes for that matter?

Currently I consume:
1. Isopure Zero Carb Protien - 60gms
2. MetRx or Powerbar Plus Protien Bar - 20gm
3. Other foods - Soy / Tofu / Milk / Tuna - 40gms
4. Animal Pak - Multivitamin
5. I was on NO Xplode but would get very irritable but might want to switch to a good prework out supplement - either Nitrix or Creatine Monohydrate.

I have finally got my bench up decent to 240lbs so it would be a shame if I can't continue my routine in India.
Old 18th May 2007, 09:19   #220
BHPian

In 2003 I was around 75 Kgs, Lean with Good Build-Was a Javelin Champ/Shotput champ in Zonal levels during Class 12- When I joined First of college in 2002-It was all fun, with Vodka intake almost daily and 2 hours of plain pubbing at the Neigbourhood Pub.

Then, I was asked to take charge of refurbishing our new flat, So I stopped college life and spent more time getting the finishing done.
At this time I felt I used to feel Pangs of Thirst- I could drink 3 bottles of Pearl Pet and still feel thirsty, weight started to add on a few..!

By the Final Year, I went upto 85 Kgs with Thirst in control, But food intake growing insatiable.

Then I joined Amex-Night Work and then I joined my MBA with 98 Kg Frame, Double Chin and 38 Waist.

Generally, I'm out from 8 AM till 7 PM, at the Institute also It involves most time sitting in the lecture rooms or cafeteria.

Now during my Intern also- Same Routine

Once I'm home, I spend 3-4 hours on the PC-Logging here.

Don't watch TV Much in the past year, But when I do I like to Lie on the Couch for at least 2-3 hours of viewing.

Could it also be my posture, Since the Known problem was That When I started gaining weight, I had Bad Backaches in the lower back and all, Now after all the gain No pain felt.

Usually Dinner is either ( Potatoe- Stuffed Paratha or Curry , Chowmein , Pau Bhaji , Paneer Dishes, Gujrati Curry, Palak Paratha,Dosa/Idli-Sambhar Rice, Rajma Rice- So just the regular food with Roti or Paratha) If I'm out then either its Butter Chicken, Grilled Chicken,Shawarma,Afgani Chicken, KFC, McDonalds-The usual with occassional Vodka Thrown in.

Lunch- Usually skipped, But some times grab the usual Dal-Roti, Chana Bhatura,Dosa or whatever the Mess cooks for the Hostelers, I latch on..! But have been off that for last 2 months.

Breakfast- Usually a Glass of Bournvita- Sometimes Toast also.

In between day snacks- Sometimes Coca cola, Murukku(Chakli),Khatta Meeta from Haldi Ram, Hide n Seek , 1 Glass Bournvita in Morning,Evening.
But these are occassional or when I can find some munchies at home.

I stopped eating totally during lunch, then feel real funny inside like Burning Hunger so I douse it with Cold Water and Coffee or Tea from the Vending Machine.

This torchure helped me loose weight to 3-4 Kgs I think and Waist now to 37.

I know this is not helping, I really want to work according to a health plan- I have never been to a Gym, Never done Weights, But inspite I have a heavy built Shoulder Frame and Broad Chest.

What Dietery requirement should I follow and Should I join a Gym or go for Jogging..!

Unfortunately, I can walk as much as I want, But I feel stressed out on sprints..!

Last edited by wolfinstein : 18th May 2007 at 09:24.
Old 18th May 2007, 11:42   #221
BHPian

@wolfinstein : hats off to you dude, what a diet, (no offence) but i am a foody so i love that , my mouth is aleady watering.

Answering your questions.
Diet: a big noooooooooo to those butter chickens, but yes to chickens , no to fat products,(you can get a list of fatty foods from google). Keep fats only on sundays to break all diet plans. But weekdays no fats.Water is must at anytime, its not harmful at all

Exercise: As you mentioned that you have genetically well built shoulders and chest, then u dont need to join a gym if you dont want to, jogging is must, everyday push ups and pull ups will get you defined.

Dont get complicated with a lot of things, keep it simple and good, less fat food, more exercise (cardiovascular) and you will be back to your normal Physique. Control on your drinks a bit, keep it again for sundays. or occasionally. The day u feel you have had enough make sure next day is just heavy walking and jogging day.

More replies would be coming in... dont get confused.

Enjoy happy burning the Fat out.

@vcash : Dont know much about supplements probably you will get your answer by someone who is deeply into those products, but i think it should'nt be hard to find their substitutes or the same ones.

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 18th May 2007 at 11:45.
Old 18th May 2007, 12:30   #222
BHPian

@wolfinstein follow what @SohailPistawala has said keep it simple not necessary to follow complicated diets just see to it that you burn more energy than what u intake
Old 18th May 2007, 19:34   #223
Senior - BHPian

hey wolf,

i guess now you already know your changed lifestyle caused most of it. I see that you are younger than my younger bro, you need to get up and take some serious action. on the wrong side of 30s (like myself) I would have given a totally different advice.

now, set a target. may be 2-3 years. don't expect to lose all of it in 3 months. get active. try to keep moving, pick up household chores. don't expect others to help you out in physical activities. park your vehicle at the farthest spot, take stairs instead of lift, rush for drinks/snacks rather than expect anybody else to fetch them. in short, be active. plus, 30-60 mins of walking+jogging combo. you said u swim. ensure that you really swim to exhaustion, and not just float. it's one thing to learn swimming to save one's life, and another to exhaust oneself out in half an hour for health benefit.

and with your frame, I would suggest getting in touch with a trainer/doc first, lest you shud pull a muscle/join in ur initial week. better get a thorough checkup anyway. (cardio-vascular assessment too)

Diet: need to change. take a list of healthy food from net, and spread it out thruout the day.
say no to: butter, oil, fast junk food, even meat. you have enough muscle underneath i guess, a veggie diet will do you good. stuff urself with grains veggies, and water. Also, keep a track of ur diet over a period of time. eating is a pleasant activity, and at times used as comforting when in stress. look for other means to do that. u have a long life ahead, good food is not going anywhere

about the backpain, i have subjected my own back to all kinds of torture, but thankfully i am OK. i guess it depends on person to person. but a major cause can be unnatural weight distribution. reduced weight will reduce stress at all bones and joints and prevent premature wear and tear.
Old 18th May 2007, 19:38   #224
Senior - BHPian

oh, and don't forget to pickup an outdoor activity. you may feel a bit out of place initially, but that's better than staying in the pub. do something for 8-10 hrs every weekend outdoors in the sun. and make sure it's top priority in your schedule. everything else can wait for your health, isn't it?
Old 18th May 2007, 23:49   #225
BHPian

Thanks guys, Let me try to take a few suggestions from here and Implement it..!

Can you recommend a dietary chart or something..!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks