Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2007, 18:21   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
sa1nik... oh no!! Dude I wasnt making fun, honestly I meant you would be someone who could back me up on this.

By the way before anyway gets the impression im a huge mofo bodybuilder - Im only 5'5" and bordering scrawny
Eh, ok, you're right. I never watched what I ate when I worked out. Just made it a point to eat as much protein as possible, and tried supplements on and off. Couldn't justify the expense, and it's so much more fun to eat regular food instead. Fish, chicken, mutton, beef, 4-egg omelettes, a litre of milk a day, dang I sound like a wrestler.

And you're hardly scrawny.
Old 30th May 2007, 12:12   #287
BHPian

To the Point
Currect Stats:
Height : 5.11"
Waist: 34
Arms[flexed] : 16.5"
Arms[unflexed]:15"
Forearms:13"
Chest: 41"
Shoulder: 23"
Quads:23"
Calves:15"
Weight:84kgs
Bodyfat:15%

Before Stats Were Bad, dont remember much but, here from what i remember.

Height : same as above.
Weight : 52kgs
Arms: 10" (flexed) lols
Waist: 27"
rest i dont remember.

No special Diet, no supplements, just eat whenever hungry.

Training: Keeps changing according to the season , and mood, and body type.Just like to sweat it out.

Goal:Jay cutler (kidding), Clothes should look good on the body, and to look defined when no clothes.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:26   #288
Senior - BHPian

Due to an injury about a year back, I had to take a year-long break in weight training. During this course, I've lost quite a lot of weight and size. Have joined the gym recently and plan to regain all what was lost.

Doing circuit at the moment and will shift to single-body part per day after a week.
Old 30th May 2007, 16:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

How is this?

Old 30th May 2007, 16:54   #290
BHPian

Guys any idea where i can buy Optimum nutrition Whey GOLD in Bangalore? I got a 5lb box from US last time now i am almost scraping the bottom of the box!!
Old 30th May 2007, 17:02   #291
BANNED

I need some help from you guys.
Hey guys I need to find which creatine monohydrate and also multi vitamin product to buy.
And also let me know of any place in Delhi to buy it.
Old 30th May 2007, 17:05   #292
Senior - BHPian

@Busa, dude stay away from the Coaches forumla stuff. Go for the Prolab Creatine

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Guys any idea where i can buy Optimum nutrition Whey GOLD in Bangalore? I got a 5lb box from US last time now i am almost scraping the bottom of the box!!
You can get in from your gym instructor who will charge you about 500-1k extra. Or you can PM your number and I shall hook you up. We dont stock supplements in our store but I know Optimums distributor here in Bangalore.

2500/- 5Lbs
4600/ - 10Lbs
Old 30th May 2007, 17:08   #293
Senior - BHPian

Sad to know what happened Gordon, i for one was determined by your spirt
Old 30th May 2007, 17:43   #294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by typeOnegative View Post
Stay away from those things. If you are into competition, then you can take a risk if you wish. But my advice would be - don't fool around with such stuff.

This thread rocks. I am trying to get back on track. Have lost 6kgs in two months. I am thirty though and am finding it tough going. You guys are giving me the inspiration I require.
Hey Typeonegative,

My compliments to you on losing 6 kgs in 2 months..You all are giving me the inspiration to get on the road to good health . Could you please share your secret of success in losing weight with us..I am also tyring to lose weight (better late than never!) & can get help from motivated people like you, Sohail,Busa & other fitness conscious t-bhpians ..

I would also to share my routine & take help from fitness gurus to lose wieght & yet tone up my body..I am broad built, 5' 9" & weigh 94 kg..My workout routine is : I have been running on treadmill for 35-40 minutes for the past 1 month or so regularly..I have cut down on alcohol,wheat flour,rice, non-veg,eating out etc & have increased my intake of salads,fruits & fresh fruit juices & egg whites..I would like to know what I can do (in terms of exercise regime,intensity,diet,other do's & don'ts) to achieve my goal of weight reduction & toned body,preferably without going to gym..I have a treadmill,mulitgym & ab crunch bench at home & would like to buy some weights etc (like barbell,dumb bells) too.

Will greatly appreciate suggestion from you all.

Thanks so much
Old 30th May 2007, 17:51   #295
BHPian

Has any one used Casein protein?? its a delayed release protein said to be more useful than Whey!!
Old 30th May 2007, 19:50   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshOnTheRocks View Post
I have been running on treadmill for 35-40 minutes for the past 1 month or so regularly..I have cut down on alcohol,wheat flour,rice, non-veg,eating out etc & have increased my intake of salads,fruits & fresh fruit juices & egg whites
Your on the path to success

Quote:
Originally Posted by shazikon View Post
Has any one used Casein protein?? its a delayed release protein said to be more useful than Whey!!
I havent used it... casein is good if you have the money, essentially you use it as a night time protien. Something you take at bedtime to keep you going till breakfast.

It cant replace Whey as a pre/post workout protien.

You can just use paneer/egg whites instead of whey, just not convenient though :(

p.s : Whey in milk is slow release. Whey in water /pineapple juice = immediate absorption

Last edited by s0uljah : 30th May 2007 at 19:55.
Old 30th May 2007, 20:35   #297
BHPian

[quote=s0uljah;453244]Your on the path to success

Hi sOuljah

thanks! is there any other advise I can get from you for weight & inch loss..how much cardio is fine..secondly should I be taking any protein supplement to augment weight loss & inch loss..I have curtailed my carb intake esp.after sunset..Pls let me know if there is something else that can be done..I haven't been using multigym except for upper body exercise instead concentrating on stretching,treadmill (on avg. 3-3.5 km in 32-35 min./240 cal.burnt) & cooling down & abs crunch (1-2 rounds of 10 reps each)..
Old 30th May 2007, 20:56   #298
Senior - BHPian

Firstly Ashontherocks i would like to tell you "Congratulations, i really like your determination, with this schedule you are surely going to acheive your goal soon, just be determined through out"

You can buy yourself some weights, two rods(one for bench, squatss, deadlifts, military presses and one for bicep curls, triceps) Get two dumbells which you can use to do dumbell presses, hammer curls, bicep curls, triceps extensions, dumbell shrugs, etc)

Do have protein post workout.

For inch loss, do lots of abs exercises, such should be the intensity that when you laugh you can feel the pain in your abs.

Hope this helps, do let us know your progress.
Old 30th May 2007, 21:02   #299
BHPian

can someone shed some light on protein suppliments.. which they have tried and checked... fat free proteins to be precise.. how is isopure. has anyone here tried it... and any ideas where do we get tampered proof stuff.. in delhi we normally get hands on fake..
Old 31st May 2007, 01:14   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Firstly Ashontherocks i would like to tell you "Congratulations, i really like your determination, with this schedule you are surely going to acheive your goal soon, just be determined through out"

You can buy yourself some weights, two rods(one for bench, squatss, deadlifts, military presses and one for bicep curls, triceps) Get two dumbells which you can use to do dumbell presses, hammer curls, bicep curls, triceps extensions, dumbell shrugs, etc)

Do have protein post workout.

For inch loss, do lots of abs exercises, such should be the intensity that when you laugh you can feel the pain in your abs.

Hope this helps, do let us know your progress.
Hi Busa,

Thanks for your kind words of support & advise. Really guys like you are motivation to kick start the workout regime & be disciplined about it..It would be great if you can let me know on the following below points :

1.I just wanted to know what kind of protein I hsould have post work out which will be beneficial..Right now immediately after a workout I take Gatorad or fresh lime water or cold water to recuperate as I sweat a lot..

2. I am still not doing abs exercises yet to a level that leaves pain in the abs..With regards to weights,any particular type or weight of rods/weights & dum bells I should be buying?? Also is it possible to have an exercise chart which depict these exercises clearly so that I am doing them properly as I will be doing them at home without any supervision..

3.pls let me know should I be doing weights first or cardio..or should I alternate between them..& what should be the ideal time spent on each activity..

Thanks a lot

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks