Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2007, 17:06   #436
BHPian

Hey where u guys???? No replies to these post...... BUSA, Vikram18, souljah,??

Anyws Current Stats

Weight 82, working out regularly , 2 body parts a day with Cardio the alternate day....
Old 17th December 2007, 22:39   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Weight 82, working out regularly , 2 body parts a day with Cardio the alternate day....
Good to hear! Whats your short term goal?

I need to get back into some sort of routine, been slacking for too long now
Old 17th December 2007, 23:19   #438
Senior - BHPian

Hi Sohail good to know your regular.

Mine goes like weight 67, reached 70 and then got busy didnot go to the gym, lazyness took over, back to where i started at, damn. Need to start again. Gonna do 3 body parts, first day chest + triceps + shoulders, next day biceps + back and then legs. Hope to get back to 70 and push soon to 75 with diet and determination.
Old 18th December 2007, 10:17   #439
BHPian

Man this is depressing - 7 months ago I was 81kgs with 16% BF. The Goal was to hit 86kgs and then maintain a constant. Then the India assignment came. I found a ratty gym in Gurgaon with a not so stellar selection of weights - still working out 4 days a week but the lack of heavy weights \ high protein foods has resulted in 76.5kgs!!! This is not good! I have no clue on BF since I do not have access to BMI callipers.

Question - How do you get big in India without roids? Also protein intake is so poor here. Back in the states, I was hitting 120gms of protein easy a day - half through Isopure \ Animalpak \ NO Xplode and half through high protein foods.

Now its Protein X and Dal / Roti / Saubzee and occasional eggs (Damn politically correct cafeteria food!!! Bring on the MEAT!!)
Old 18th December 2007, 10:31   #440
Senior - BHPian

You wanna put on some weight eh.....well i suggest you should PM Gunnu paaji or aZa or yours truly for proper guidance.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:05   #441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
You wanna put on some weight eh.....well i suggest you should PM Gunnu paaji or aZa or yours truly for proper guidance.
Why do I get the dreaded feeling that the dieteray recommendation consists of "Canon 10,000" and Butter Chicken sans Chicken!
Old 18th December 2007, 11:13   #442
BHPian

souljah & busa: Thanks guys for appreciating my regular gymming.

Goal: currently planning to have a gooood amount of fat loss with maximum definitions (like those really carved ones), doing a lot of repetitions and cardio tooo... diet is under control somewhat.

NO Supplements, no whey, no creatine... just good cooked foood. Fortunately got my result this way so continued .

was bored of going to the Gym in the evening, so started going in the morning... feel a little more better, alas not getting much muscle rest throughout the day...hence rest on alternate days along with cardio.

Keep Gymming
Old 18th December 2007, 11:20   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Man this is depressing - 7 months ago I was 81kgs with 16% BF. The Goal was to hit 86kgs and then maintain a constant. Then the India assignment came. I found a ratty gym in Gurgaon with a not so stellar selection of weights - still working out 4 days a week but the lack of heavy weights \ high protein foods has resulted in 76.5kgs!!! This is not good! I have no clue on BF since I do not have access to BMI callipers.

Question - How do you get big in India without roids? Also protein intake is so poor here. Back in the states, I was hitting 120gms of protein easy a day - half through Isopure \ Animalpak \ NO Xplode and half through high protein foods.

Now its Protein X and Dal / Roti / Saubzee and occasional eggs (Damn politically correct cafeteria food!!! Bring on the MEAT!!)
You need only 1-1.5 grams of protein per "kilo" of body weight. The 1gram per pound rule, should only be used by fulltime bodybuilders who workout extensively.

Dal, sabzee and roti cannot provide you with sufficient proteins. Each egg has around 6-7 grams of proteins, where 3.5 grams comes from the white. The yoke has lesser amount of proteins (2.5g) with more fat and cholestrol. So it's better not to eat more than 2 yokes a day.

The sectret to building muscle is lifting the right weight. It's been found that any weight that lets you reach muscle failure between the 8th and the 12th rep, works best for building mass. So, if you're able to do 15-20 reps with the heaviest weight you lift, you aren't lifting heavy enough.

And the most important aspect of bodybuilding is the rest period. Work like a dog in the gym (for no more than 80mins) but make sure you give your muscles enough recovery time. You never build muscles at the gym, it always happens when you rest.

PS : Don't expect quick results. You only gain about 1 pound of muscle weight per week (unless you're on some kind of roids). It'l take months before you start seeing appreciable results.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 18th December 2007 at 11:34.
Old 18th December 2007, 11:34   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Where can i get Creatine Monohydrate and Whey Protein supplements in Bangalore?

Is anybody on the forum taking these?

Shan2nu

hi shan

u'll get them at any reliance wellness store.. even though it's slightly expensive when compared to other sources, the stock is relatively new.

used to take '100% whey' whey protien by optimum nutrition.. found it the most vfm..

never took creatine but knew many freinds who did.. unless ur planning to work out a lot.. wouldnt suggest it.. u'll end up retainin water.. but if ur planning to work out a lot.. on a 6 week cycle it will help u bulk up very well.

hope this helps.. take care
Old 18th December 2007, 12:20   #445
Senior - BHPian

Thanks dude. Actually, i have been taking them for a month now. Have already finished 500g of Whey Proteins and have now started taking "Xtra Mass".

Creatine is awesome for high intensity workouts but yeah you do reatain a lot of water and your weight can increase by at much as 4-5kgs. But as long as you consume the required amount of water per day, your kidneys shouldn't get stressed out.

Used to take 10-15g during the first 4 days (loading phase). Have reduced to 5g/day (workout days) and 2.5g/day (rest days).

I workout heavy for 4 days a week. Still bulking up, so muscle definition and body fat aren't my first priorities. They'l come into picture once i reach my desired muscle size and start the "cutting down" phase.

I weigh pretty much the same as when i started working out. Only diff being that my waist is now 34" (compared to 40" back then). Hehe.

So i'm prob gaining muscle weight at the same rate as i'm losing fat weight (around 1 pound a week).

Shan2nu
Old 18th December 2007, 12:25   #446
Senior - BHPian

I got a 20 pound dumble at home and 2 U shaped bars for pushups.I am 63 kgs and 5.7 nd half tall.I need to be around 70 kgs but dont get to go to the gym.
So can i like excersise at home/eat the protien thingy and put on weight?
Old 18th December 2007, 12:54   #447
Senior - BHPian

Have balanced,nutritious meals with a slightly higher protein intake.
Too much protein will put a strain on the synthesizing system.
Old 18th December 2007, 13:02   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Have balanced,nutritious meals with a slightly higher protein intake.
Too much protein will put a strain on the synthesizing system.
Yeah..Yeah

BTW..what system are we talking about here ? LOL
Old 18th December 2007, 13:11   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
You need only 1-1.5 grams of protein per "kilo" of body weight. The 1gram per pound rule, should only be used by fulltime bodybuilders who workout extensively.

Dal, sabzee and roti cannot provide you with sufficient proteins. Each egg has around 6-7 grams of proteins, where 3.5 grams comes from the white. The yoke has lesser amount of proteins (2.5g) with more fat and cholestrol. So it's better not to eat more than 2 yokes a day.

The sectret to building muscle is lifting the right weight. It's been found that any weight that lets you reach muscle failure between the 8th and the 12th rep, works best for building mass. So, if you're able to do 15-20 reps with the heaviest weight you lift, you aren't lifting heavy enough.

And the most important aspect of bodybuilding is the rest period. Work like a dog in the gym (for no more than 80mins) but make sure you give your muscles enough recovery time. You never build muscles at the gym, it always happens when you rest.

PS : Don't expect quick results. You only gain about 1 pound of muscle weight per week (unless you're on some kind of roids). It'l take months before you start seeing appreciable results.

Shan2nu
Hey Shan2nu,
Your'e preaching to the choir man! In India I am doing 3 X 8 Heavy and supersets alt. days as the weights at the place I work out max out at 25kgs for dumbells and 45kgs (X2) barbell. Back at my home gym I was benching 250lbs with 275lb max and most core dumbell exercise were in 55lbs to 85lbs range. The point I was making with my post was that regular food in India is not conducive to gaining bulk.

I had a full time trainer for over a year back in Connecticut and we got a great routine down pat. Now its all going to waste thanks to lack of oppty here.

Food is a major problem for me: going from 120gms protein per day to barely 30gms is taking a big toll on size. I am in gurgaon on a 1 year assignment so most of my meals are in the office or at restaruants so I can't custom tailor my meals like I used too.

I don't want to gain size in India. I just want to degenerate less! My trainer is going to kill me once I am back in CT - All this effort gone to waste!

Last edited by vcash : 18th December 2007 at 13:18.
Old 18th December 2007, 13:44   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Your'e preaching to the choir man!
So are you, pal. You were 81kgs when you were consuming 120gms of proteins per day. That adds up to just 1.48 gms/kg of body weight. The way i see it, we're preaching to the same choir. Hehe

Shan2nu

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks