Team-BHP > Shifting gears

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2008, 13:25   #466
Senior - BHPian

Guys any new year resolution wrt gym, like building 20inch arms or something or gaining or losing particular kgs.

Last edited by BUSA : 4th January 2008 at 13:42.
Old 4th January 2008, 15:40   #467
BHPian

Working on Towards getting Razor Sharp Definitions
Old 4th January 2008, 16:16   #468
Senior - BHPian

I have been working out in Talwarkars and Fitness One for the last 3 years. Not regular for the last six months since my baby draws me home after office. The effect is visible on me. I have put on weight and tummy started bulging out.

I stress more on Cardio and do mild weight trg in between. My objective is to keep me fit as I am infront of my laptop during office hours and no physical exercise.The saying in I.T is that "First software profesionals compromise on health to make money. Later in life they spend hard earned money to regain health".

I want to be regular with gym. Hoping for the best!!
Old 4th January 2008, 19:45   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatienceWins View Post
I have been working out in Talwarkars and Fitness One for the last 3 years. Not regular for the last six months since my baby draws me home after office. The effect is visible on me. I have put on weight and tummy started bulging out.
did your diet increase when you started gymming? did u keep it the same when u started dropping it. I have also experiences the same, a little diet control can help.

even otherwise, if you live an active life, a little bulge should not trouble you much.
Old 6th January 2008, 20:53   #470
Senior - BHPian

Mine - To build a 6 pack

Last edited by BUSA : 6th January 2008 at 20:55.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:12   #471
BHPian

How to loose weight and shape body?

Guys... i've a Q here! Yeah very badly needed advice coz no girl is accepting me for marriage. Ok .. now to begin with How do i shape my body? Its top to bottom same size!!! and a little on fatter side too(77Kgs!!). Doing a brisk walk daily for 1 hour is enough? I do not want to go to gym. Pluuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!!

Regards,
Ramki.
Old 7th January 2008, 17:24   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post
you guys are lucky.... trying to put on weight
Apart from controlling my diet, what other suggestions can you give me ?
Hows your diet Some good strength training will also get those calories burning. Squats and Deadlifts FTW !!!!

Whats your routine? Oh and did I mention diet ? LoL
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Ok .. now to begin with How do i shape my body? Its top to bottom same size!!! I do not want to go to gym.
"Shape" your body means you want to add lean muscle mass and simultaneously cut bodyfat. Adding muscle primarily means doing some amount of strength training.

Walking alone is of no use. 60%-70% of the battle is your diet.

Quote:
a little on fatter side too(77Kgs!!). Doing a brisk walk daily for 1 hour is enough? Pluuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!!
To remain fit/healthy and lose weight it is not necessary to have a gym membership. Swimming/Jogging/Badminton/Squash/Tennis etc are some of the best forms of CARDIO exercise.

Let us know your height. 77kgs doesn't necessarily mean your fat. You could be 77kgs of muscle + bone and turn heads too

The most important thing is to set REALISTIC goals and to be CONSISTENT and DEDICATED.

Out of the 3 things above Iv only manage to set realistic goals

Last edited by s0uljah : 7th January 2008 at 17:30. Reason: quote
Old 7th January 2008, 17:35   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Guys... i've a Q here! Yeah very badly needed advice coz no girl is accepting me for marriage. Ok .. now to begin with How do i shape my body? Its top to bottom same size!!! and a little on fatter side too(77Kgs!!). Doing a brisk walk daily for 1 hour is enough? I do not want to go to gym. Pluuuuuzzzzzzzzzzzz help!!!

Regards,
Ramki.
Along with a walk(40 mins) better to jog(30min) start doing floor exercises if you don't like going to a gym
Old 7th January 2008, 19:41   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could be 77kgs of muscle + bone and turn heads too
Souljah you are 77kgs, arent you
Old 7th January 2008, 20:06   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Ramki.
start with a good exercise routine, one mistake everybody does is once they break it for a day for some reason, they lose it completely. just start it again. even if you could do it at 70% of the pace planned, it's better than not doing it at all.

cut fat and calories, meat, dairy, sugar etc.
take grains, salads, fruits, lots of water.

brisk walks do not work. if you do not want to go to the gym, try floor exercises (samurai is an expert in BMC I heard).

basic capoeira warmup moves can tire you a lot too. one typical move I did is being on all fours (legs straight, face down), then lifting left leg and hand up, rotate by 180 deg and finally land on the other side of the right leg and hand, now you are facing upwards (keep butt as high as possible). again flip in same direction to come back to original position. keep doing for 10 flips or so, repeat on other side. stay in each position for about 10 seconds. you can search for more moves online.

http://www.nashvillecapoeira.com/sit...p1-300x192.jpg

do it slower and your muscles will be begging for mercy. that's how they train their shoulders to take all body weight when they do those amazing flips. And who doesn't like afro-brazilian definition of muscles?

also try slow and controlled cartwheels, a great way to work abs and obliques.
How to Do a Cartwheel - wikiHow

Personally, I find gym a better way to keep my pace and goals in place. I lose my tempo if I don't go to the gym.
but above all, I will suggest getting a health check up first. with years of pampering and loading the body in unnatural ways, you need to make sure your body is fit to take sudden changes first.
Old 7th January 2008, 21:04   #476
Team-BHP Support

Ramki, if you don't have fitness background, please don't try anything on your own looking at this thread.

BWC (not BMC ), Capoeira or other serious exercise can be harmful if you don't know how to do it. If you are a total newbie, don't exercise without expert supervision.

Take vivekiny2k's advice. First get a health checkup, take that report and go to a reputed gym, show it to them and then have them start you on something.
Old 7th January 2008, 21:08   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA View Post
Souljah you are 77kgs, arent you
Iv never been over 70kgs and since Im short thats more than enough!!

Now completely let go man got a tummy and all. Hey maybe we can train together when I come to mumbai ? Come to chembur
Old 9th January 2008, 18:47   #478
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Hey maybe we can train together when I come to mumbai ? Come to chembur
Hey why not, so when are you giving me my free membership details at Gold
Old 10th January 2008, 11:23   #479
BHPian

Topic : Shower after an intense workout or a good game of football.

Been reading Articles on Shower too, i dont know whether is it really important.

I've heard that after an intense workout, one shud not immediately take a shower , but wait for 45 mins and let the body cooldown by itself , then rush for a shower. Now would that shower be by hot or cold water. is this true, if yes.. i would like to know why one should do this, or if its false, i would still like to know why .

question: what is this whole ice tub Bath all about after workout or a match??? why is it used? is it recommended?? and all the facts about shower after workout.

Please all ur gymmers, i know this could not be important, but just for knowledge.
Old 11th January 2008, 20:19   #480
Senior - BHPian

water intoxication

scary, I heard of it for the first time yesterday.

Water intoxication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Most Viewed