Dude, U're in the wrong section.
Maybe u lost ur way.
Old 18th December 2007, 19:40   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Dude, U're in the wrong section.
Maybe u lost ur way.
I came here cos i saw your post and that too in this section..nevermind..i did loose my way on to such threads..carry on..
Old 18th December 2007, 21:59   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

you guys are lucky.... trying to put on weight

I am strugggling to lose weight here

I go to the gym at least 5 days a week. I do cardio everyday. And weights on sort of alternate days. When I workout with weights on the second consecutive day, I make sure I dont work those parts which I worked out the previous day.

Apart from controlling my diet, what other suggestions can you give me ?
Old 19th December 2007, 00:17   #454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Trust me, the kinda weight we're trying to put on, is even tougher than the kinda weight you're trying to lose. Hehe

Quote:
Spilt your daily calorie intake into 4-5 meals. Food is energy and when controlled quantities of this energy is provided to the body at regular intervals, it increases your BMR and reduces the need for the body to store fat for energy.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 19th December 2007 at 00:19.
Old 19th December 2007, 00:31   #455
Senior - BHPian

Wrong thread please delete.

Last edited by abhibh : 19th December 2007 at 00:32.
Old 19th December 2007, 00:46   #456
BHPian

What a surprising thread on Tbhp. Haven't read all of it but did see lots of refs to creatine and stuff. I've been working out for 3 years, no proteins and stuff for me, try to get by with a natural diet and you all know how tough that is in India with substandard foods and adulteration but have always been very reluctant to try anything like creatine or even whey.

Am 66-72 depending on time of the month. Haven't gained much but haven't been serious either. By the time I reach gym from work its 9pm so only manage about 40 min 4 days a week. I guess just ambling along. Trying to get more committed, lets see.
Old 19th December 2007, 09:31   #457
Team-BHP Support

A slightly OT question.
At the Gym where I go I see so many guys whith broad shoulders and bulging biceps. But as you progress down you see legs a FTV anorexic model would die for.
Stick thin. Reminds me of that cartoon "Johnny bravo".
Why is this so? Is it because they are so focussed on their arms that they forget they have legs too.
Old 19th December 2007, 10:54   #458
BHPian

exactly..... Tsk1979, i guess either they feel its boring to do leg exercises, or stuck on the theory.... "Dikhta hai toh Bikta "
Old 19th December 2007, 11:10   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhilb2008 View Post

I am strugggling to lose weight here

I go to the gym at least 5 days a week. I do cardio everyday. And weights on sort of alternate days. When I workout with weights on the second consecutive day, I make sure I dont work those parts which I worked out the previous day.

what shan said was right..apart from that.. join up either aerboics or cardio kick boxing.. i found these two to be the most effective ways to lose weight.. i hate running on the thread mills cos my knees start to ache after a couple of days no matter what intensity or speed i do at..

but the most imp thing is dedication i guess.. i work out in full josh for couple of months then lose intrest and stop for a few months.. this gets me back to square one..
Old 19th December 2007, 11:16   #460
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A slightly OT question.
At the Gym where I go I see so many guys whith broad shoulders and bulging biceps. But as you progress down you see legs a FTV anorexic model would die for.
Why is this so? Is it because they are so focussed on their arms that they forget they have legs too.

that's a very common thing in india.. feel it's cos cos most of the trainers and people who work out dont give much attention to the bottom half assuming that running or jogging will take care of it..plus the general assumption that no one's gonna observe.. seen very few people actually having legs in thier workout schedule..

Last edited by aadix : 19th December 2007 at 11:18.
Old 19th December 2007, 11:29   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A slightly OT question.
It's not that. They do work their legs but they're prob not going heavy enough. Unlike our other muscles, we use our legs the most. And since they constantly support the whole weight of our body (when we walk, run, stand etc), they're much tougher than the upper body.

In the 4 months that i've been training for, I need to lift about 300-320 kilos (weight + body weight) if i need to see any development in my calf muscles and about 120-170kilos for my quads and hamstrings.

Compare that to my upper body that maxes out at about 25kilos for the bicep and tricep curls, 100 kilos for the chest, 60-70 for the shoulders, 120 for my back.

And since these upper body muscles aren't subjected to heavy lifting on a daily basis, they tend to respond much faster to weight training.

Shan2nu
Old 31st December 2007, 06:49   #462
Senior - BHPian

milk, good or bad

Hi guys, i have been fighting this battle in my house since i remember being able to fight. Now baba ramdev has created more problems for me. anyway, here is a link with some facts I would like to share.

Article - Just About Food - Milk Good or Bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadix View Post
that's a very common thing in india.. feel it's cos cos most of the trainers and people who work out dont give much attention to the bottom half assuming that running or jogging will take care of it..plus the general assumption that no one's gonna observe.. seen very few people actually having legs in thier workout schedule..
to add to it, most of us wear long pants 12 months of the year, they are always hidden in public, hence most of us do not care for their appearance. biceps can be shown anywhere.

for the same reason, most of indian ladies have whole of their bodies out of shape.

PS: shan2nu, interesting thoughts, i never thought of responsiveness of the body.
Old 31st December 2007, 12:27   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: shan2nu, interesting thoughts, i never thought of responsiveness of the body.
Thats the very reason why muscles grow in the first place. U need to work them in such a way that they have no other choice but to respond but not to an extent where you might hurt yourself.

People blame genetics for not being able to build muscles, thats bull. Genetics can only decide the shape of your muscles and how much effort needs to be put in to make them grow, but muscles will respond as long as you're willing to work towards it.

Shan2nu
Old 31st December 2007, 20:42   #464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
A slightly OT question.
Absolutely right. The reason for that is that you can show off your chest and shoulders with a tight T-shirt but legs are not seen because not many people wear shorts. Same is the case with apna bollywood heros like hirtik or salman.
Old 31st December 2007, 21:45   #465
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu View Post
Trust me, the kinda weight we're trying to put on, is even tougher than the kinda weight you're trying to lose. Hehe
yeah, but you wont have any problems if you fail .

Most Viewed