Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th March 2009, 00:26   #1036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Believe in keeping it simple and straight as excessive knowledge can also lead you to disbelieve each and every thing as then you tend to become too analytical for your own good.
If you're realistic enough to sift through information and determine what is actually knowledge, you're fine. This is my passion for over a decade and a half and while I completely believe in keeping things simple, you do get to know a lot of very useful things when you look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I am going to start up my protein and creatine intake as well so will post the information for you to analyze and then let me know what you think about it as i would specifically like to know the kind of dosage which will be suitable for it.
Also do let me know if i should Pm it to you or just post here as am comfortable in both.

Cheers
I'm more than happy to help anywhere. Here, PM, makes no difference to me at all.
I'm not really convinced about the creatine part. It's not very necessary. It's effective no doubt, but the effects will show only upto the time you use it. As for training and adequate protein intake, these results will stay with you far far longer.
Old 18th March 2009, 13:51   #1037
BHPian

Has anyone tried the KETO diet? it's a high protein & fats but very low carbs diet. i am planning to try it in the near future. Please fill in with your inputs.
Old 18th March 2009, 17:20   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Circle View Post
Has anyone tried the KETO diet? it's a high protein & fats but very low carbs diet. i am planning to try it in the near future. Please fill in with your inputs.
And why exactly do you wish to do this?
Old 18th March 2009, 17:44   #1039
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Harry10, creatine is always 20g, 4 servings of 5g each for 3-4 days and then regular serving of 5g after every workout, along with the protein. If its creatine ethyl then there is no need to load and cycle.

I follow a cycle of 4 weeks on and 2 weeks off and it worked for me. Try to get in that range and then adjust according to what your body is telling you.(if using cmono)

Since golds gym has come up, what is the cost of personal training, "in general" since some trainers are going to charge thousands of rupees per hour while some will charge just hundreds.

btw, isn't talwalkars cheaper? Same equipment except golds is more glorified.
Wasn't creatine to be taken before the workout rather after the workout?

The cost is somewhere around 10k to 15k for a personal trainer and honestly i dont fell you need one. Rest upto you.
What are the annual rates for Talwalkars, any idea so we can compare?

@Vikram- I agree with you.
As for creatine i have it with me so will use it as well
Old 18th March 2009, 19:43   #1040
BHPian

Thanks

@ godog, gagan.js and vikram18, thanks a lot guys for the inputs. awesome knowledge you guys have.

-rajiv
Old 18th March 2009, 22:10   #1041
Senior - BHPian

You can bargain around at Talwalkars, my annual rates are around 11-12k, but that was when they were running some offer. But they have special offers and stuff 11 months of the year.
Old 18th March 2009, 23:03   #1042
BHPian

I wonder if the trainers at golds gym, who you have not hired personally, will be willing to spot you
Old 19th March 2009, 09:36   #1043
BHPian

Vikram - This diet basically helps to cut down that last bit of fat, Since the carbs intake is very minimal body tries to source the energy from stored carb in the body which will help to loose some fat. one cannot follow this diet for a long time though
Old 19th March 2009, 12:08   #1044
BHPian

Got a call from Talwalker, Mumbai central, offer running till 31st March of 10.5k for a year, no personal trainer + Taxes, Pay now and join whenever you want. LOLS ,
Old 19th March 2009, 15:29   #1045
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
I wonder if the trainers at golds gym, who you have not hired personally, will be willing to spot you
Thats my concern as well.
This can only be told by someone who is a member of Gold gym since sometime, anyone?

@Sohail- Dirt cheap price for a year.
Old 19th March 2009, 15:53   #1046
Senior - BHPian

The general trainers at most gyms will spot for you, provided you call them. They're there for that purpose only.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:27   #1047
BHPian

I know harry, had been to the gym, looks also a little dirt cheap, the only thing i could spot in the gym was more treadmill, cycles, crosstrainers, walls with paint getting dirty, but am i complaining, i had gone to a 50 bucks akhada too enjoyed the akhada more than Talwalkars. But the Breach Candy Talwalkar is a total eye candy.lols
Moksh - Gym owned by Pritish Nandy has a membership of 20k upwards.

Moksh - The Wellness Place - Pink coloured site

Last edited by SohailPistawala : 19th March 2009 at 17:29.
Old 19th March 2009, 17:40   #1048
BHPian

@ Sohail.

I go to Talwalkars - Vashi and it is the best gym of 4 talwalkars I have already seen. It is one of the biggest one amongst other Talwalkars and best maintained one too.

They upgrade with the latest machines as soon as possible.

I am very happy with the facilities.

Mansi
Old 19th March 2009, 17:45   #1049
BHPian

Glad to know that you are happy with the gym, i would love to go to Talwalkars its just that the one at bombay central did not give my very good vibes, how ever as i mentioned the one at Breach Candy is a total eye candy (ready :totally amazing).

Probably there was some more that there were planning to do at the gym , i think extension of the carpet area? But yeah over all Talwalkers is a very good gym, they are the oldest i believe correct me if i am wrong.
Old 19th March 2009, 21:58   #1050
Senior - BHPian

Over a hundred years old, so probably the oldest chain in India. Gold's gym is probably the most famous fitness chain in the world, so the trainers must be relatively good, compared to other gyms.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks