Suggestions are welcomed.

Monday - Chest Forearms
Tuesday- Shoulder Triceps
Wed - Back Biceps
Thu- Chest Forearms
Fri- Shoulder Triceps
Sat- Back Biceps
Sunday - Legs
How long have been working out? What is your fitness level? What do you want to achieve?
Old 31st March 2009, 23:30   #1082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
guys, i'm in need of severe help.
I want to loose my moobs and get into a fitter condition in two months, which with determination I think is possible.
What exercises can I perform at home and how often? At home I have access to a cycling machine.

please help fitness gurus!

cheers
Fit compared to your present physique, quite possible!
You need to reduce the overall body fat. Having more muscle means faster metabolism, a slimmer, trimmer you. It is best that you hit a gym, focus on cardio, also, do weight training.
If you so much wish to work out only at home cycle with the resistance and intensity varied, skip (try variations here too), zillions of ab exercises that can be done on the floor. pushups would address the moobs issue too.
Let there be very less rest between sets.
Old 1st April 2009, 01:49   #1083
Senior - BHPian

thanks dude, appreciate it! ^^
when doing pushups / situps should I do say 20, then pause for a while, then 20 more etc. or should i go for one long stretch?

planning on first becoming disciplined about exercise at home and then join the gym.

cheers
Old 1st April 2009, 02:00   #1084
Team-BHP Support

hi guys. i wanted to pick up a few dumbbells for home. one pair of 25 pound and one pair of 30 pound. i went to total sports in dadar and they quoted 125 a kg. i find that a bit much. and the dumbbells didnt even have rubber on the edges. how much should it be and where to buy them in bombay?
Old 1st April 2009, 11:05   #1085
BHPian

Akshay, why dont you go to Dhobi Talao, near metro theatre.. there are a lot of sports good shops, you can bargain too if you are taking a good volume, and you get all sorts of dumbells, rubber covering, chormed etc.
Old 1st April 2009, 14:42   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
hi guys. i wanted to pick up a few dumbbells for home. one pair of 25 pound and one pair of 30 pound. i went to total sports in dadar and they quoted 125 a kg. i find that a bit much. and the dumbbells didnt even have rubber on the edges. how much should it be and where to buy them in bombay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
Akshay, why dont you go to Dhobi Talao, near metro theatre.. there are a lot of sports good shops, you can bargain too if you are taking a good volume, and you get all sorts of dumbells, rubber covering, chormed etc.

you could try metro(dhobi talao) as suggested by sohail but its going to be just as expensive out there as well.

rev
Old 1st April 2009, 20:25   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Hi Guys,
Does this gym schedule looks fine?

Monday - Chest Forearms
Wed - Back Biceps
Thu- Chest Forearms
Fri- Shoulder Triceps
Sat- Back Biceps
Sunday - Legs
Don't have chest + shoulder on consecutive days. Many variations in the chest workout will impact the shoulder too. Besides, your program looks incredibly busy, remember that growth happens when your body is resting, not when it's being abused. Take it easy, something like 4 days a week instead of 7 imo.
Old 1st April 2009, 20:57   #1088
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Monday - Chest Forearms
Wed - Back Biceps
Thu- Chest Forearms
Fri- Shoulder Triceps
Sat- Back Biceps
Sunday - Legs
Is there no cardio at all in your schedule ? Or are you doing it everyday for sometime before hitting each part ? What about stretching and abs ? Hope you have defenitely seen the schedule and diet chart I had posted few pages back ! That is professionally prepared and given for fat loss and weight training/muscle gain.
Old 1st April 2009, 21:19   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Is there no cardio at all in your schedule ? Or are you doing it everyday for sometime before hitting each part ? What about stretching and abs ? Hope you have defenitely seen the schedule and diet chart I had posted few pages back ! That is professionally prepared and given for fat loss and weight training/muscle gain.
Yup i have studied your chart as well but will give a look again. Was just taking an opinion.
Yes am doing cardio everday for a short period so thats why not included there.

@Pranav- I understand that. Its hard for me to do gym more than 5 days a week but just wanna try this for a month to see how it goes.
So do you suggest moving back and biceps in between chest and shoulder routine?
My main concern was to know if the combination looks right - like Chest- forearms,Shoulder-Triceps etc.
Old 1st April 2009, 21:41   #1090
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
There are general guidelines on cereals, fruits, vegetables, milk, milk products, oil, sugar, raw salads etc. that fills 1 page.

Then comes a list of things to choose and avoid while eating out.

There is also a shopping list that contain milk (skimmed) & curd, buiscuits, dry fruits, tea, seeds, bread, cereal etc. Another list of fruits and vegetables. If anyone wants to cross-check or compare I can post them.
Putting a reference to old post of yours.
I would like to know more info about the same as i want to be quiet specific what to eat and what to avoid.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:06   #1091
Senior - BHPian

suggest a good fat burner..
i recently purchased this universal fat burner(import) for 1250 and results are not that impressive.
i was looking into products from whey.
pro's please help!
Old 1st April 2009, 22:17   #1092
BHPian

^I lost 21 kg in 7 months and doing moderate weight training for past 2 months and still ended up loosing 2kg even when taking whey protein. I didn't take any fat burner. I made sure i kept my metabolic rate properly but not starving myself , eating properly and creating a 500~800 negative calorie intake perday (during the weight loss period).

Starting full fledged weight training from tomorrow.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:20   #1093
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,
Does this gym schedule looks fine?

Monday - Chest Forearms
Wed - Back Biceps
Thu- Chest Forearms
Fri- Shoulder Triceps
Sat- Back Biceps
Sunday - Legs
Harsh,

As others suggested, muscles grow when you give them ample rest (ideally 48 hrs.). If you are into weight training, try a 3 day week-full body workout.

Also, focusing too much on arms training won't help. The arm muscles constitute a total of 2% (I think) of the total muscle in the body. Focus on bigger muscle groups such as quads and back. Your arms will anyways get a good workout with some of the compound exercises such as deadlifts and benchpresses.

Final tip: Try to avoid machines as much as possible and stick to free weights.

Hope this helps!
Old 1st April 2009, 22:24   #1094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anekho View Post
thanks dude, appreciate it! ^^
when doing pushups / situps should I do say 20, then pause for a while, then 20 more etc. or should i go for one long stretch?

planning on first becoming disciplined about exercise at home and then join the gym.

cheers
It varies from person to person. Push yourself to do as many as possible (without a pause), take a break for a min and repeat. Do atleast 3 sets of how many ever you can push yourself to, gradually increase the number you can do. Hope you chalked out a nice diet plan too if not, do so and adhere to it.
Old 1st April 2009, 22:28   #1095
BHPian

Can anyone tell me where i can ON 100% Whey in chennai ? Am right now importing it from US for Rs.4.1k for the 5.15/17 lbs box.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks