Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2009, 18:41   #1231
BHPian

BB.com is the biggest PIMP of all...Their best sellers are no less than a joke....(their annual awards to be more specific, which are laughable)

Their forums are where the real action happens. But I think the golden days are over. There were some great contributors (BOBO, BigCat, St8Flexed, uhockey, Dr. P, Bane) back in 2002-2004 period. Nowadays, the forums are loaded with pimps all over.
Old 23rd April 2009, 23:04   #1232
BHPian

Pimp is actually a good thing to be when talking in slang so I don't understand if you are saying BB.com is good or bad :s

Yeah Shaju they offer the discount which is good but more importantly no worries about it being fake or grey market etc

About Alfa...I have my doubts...they are like all other shops in Mumbai, but they just sell at a cheaper price so where do they get the items from?
How much cheaper was it in Alfa?

and Vikram, Isopure is for people who are lactose intolerant so why buy it? It is also pricier because of that fact.
Old 24th April 2009, 02:43   #1233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Tarun- Not only BB.com but lots of sites to educate myself better....

...BTW i checked Myofusion ingredients- Isn't the protein content a bit less in this?
Yes, it is. But its delicious. So one can make up for it by adding another scoop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Frankly I have no idea how it helped me. I find my wallet lighter and heart heavier, may be thats the first impact anyone could get after importing few things from US...

...Though nothing is visible on body, you might have a mental satisfaction after gulping them daily for a month. ... And yes, your urine will be dark yellow in the morning.
Its why I didnt mention the pack straight off the bat. Look at it fundamentally, a multi shouldn't cost this much to produce. So why's it so darned expensive? Advertising!? (and you can pee darker with simple "B-complex" caps as well. I guess they're around the one rupee mark each.)
Revital, with Ginseng, is spot on with the pricing. at 160 bucks a month, I'm not complaining at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Pimp is actually a good thing to be when talking in slang so I don't understand if you are saying BB.com is good or bad :s

Yeah Shaju they offer the discount which is good but more importantly no worries about it being fake or grey market etc

About Alfa...I have my doubts...they are like all other shops in Mumbai, but they just sell at a cheaper price so where do they get the items from?
How much cheaper was it in Alfa?

and Vikram, Isopure is for people who are lactose intolerant so why buy it? It is also pricier because of that fact.
Arre bad bhaiyee, bad. [selling you stuff you dont need, at prices you cant afford, bad.]

most grey stuff can be easily made out if you've used the genuine stuff before. its not like whey and sugar are indistinguishable.

Where do they get it from. Million dollar question.

I'm sure Isolates are not pricier for that fact alone.
Old 24th April 2009, 05:40   #1234
BHPian

As far as getting a grip on the real facts goes, BB.com is not a reliable source of information/truth (e.g. Their best sellers, BB.com annual awards etc.)

Bodybuilding.com - Joel Tietge - The Best Whey: A Review Of The Most Popular Whey Proteins On The Market.

However, their forums are the best place to be and the most shody companies/products out there on the market backed by psuedoscience/broscience don't find that respect which they buy at BB.com Store top page.
Old 24th April 2009, 10:32   #1235
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
For overall leg mass, you'll have to work all your leg muscles. What you can do is split your leg training workout into quad dominant and hip dominant workouts.
On quad dominant days, you can do regular squats (if stability is a problem, try holding the bar in the front, instead of the back, or try squatting with dumbells), lunges and extensions

On hip dominant days, you can do hack squats, deadlifts and leg curls. Calf raises can be performed with both.

Hope this helps
Hmmm...sounds like a good idea to split up the leg workout - currently I do all leg exercises on a single day (front squats, back squats, leg press, leg curl, calf raises)....thanks!

But still wanted to know if one particular bar position (high or low) for back squat is superiour/preferable to the other...
Old 24th April 2009, 13:01   #1236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
As far as getting a grip on the real facts goes, BB.com is not a reliable source of information/truth (e.g. Their best sellers, BB.com annual awards etc.)

Bodybuilding.com - Joel Tietge - The Best Whey: A Review Of The Most Popular Whey Proteins On The Market.

However, their forums are the best place to be and the most shody companies/products out there on the market backed by psuedoscience/broscience don't find that respect which they buy at BB.com Store top page.
I was talking about the forum only.
BB.com main site is more of a advertising stuff for the products.
Its the forum where i see good reviews and good info by members.
Old 24th April 2009, 15:22   #1237
BHPian

Quote:
I was talking about the forum only.
BB.com main site is more of a advertising stuff for the products.
Its the forum where i see good reviews and good info by members.
Yeah like these informative articles on whey and casein proteins
Bodybuilding.com - Will Brink - The Whey It Is: The Truth About Whey Protein!
Bodybuilding.com - Eric Satterwhite - Should I Take Casein Or Whey Protein?

These are the first search results for whey and casein on the supersite (not store). Hope these are not articles by p*mps
Old 24th April 2009, 17:05   #1238
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
Yeah like these informative articles on whey and casein proteins
Bodybuilding.com - Will Brink - The Whey It Is: The Truth About Whey Protein!
Bodybuilding.com - Eric Satterwhite - Should I Take Casein Or Whey Protein?

These are the first search results for whey and casein on the supersite (not store). Hope these are not articles by p*mps
Lol.
Good articles.
I have no idea about this P*imps stuff but i know how to differentiate between genuine and gimmick. The whole site is not crap. Some very good articles and info is there. Point is if you can find it and use it to your betterment. I do.
Old 24th April 2009, 17:30   #1239
BHPian

Quote:
Lol.
Good articles.
I have no idea about this P*imps stuff but i know how to differentiate between genuine and gimmick. The whole site is not crap. Some very good articles and info is there. Point is if you can find it and use it to your betterment. I do.
I think this has been pointed out before. pre-2005 articles at BB.com are Gold.

1-t, keep us in the loop about whey-proteins you get your hands on.
[stuff like Advanced sports, ergopharm,Cyto complete whey and ofcourse beverly/propeptide.]
Old 24th April 2009, 17:33   #1240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post

Are all these from your personal experience? Elucidate please!
Most are. Haven't tried Syntrax or VP2; just suggested some Isolate powders that I thought were good. Will be getting Myofusion soon.

My multivit costs around Rs. 450/- a month. I'm ok with it and it has CoQ10, Chromium, Lycopene, Ginseng etc. etc. in addition to the regular vitamins and minerals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post

All the fast acting Whey powders suggested comprise only Whey Protein Isolate and while lactose-intolerant individuals will certainly benefit from them, that's not why they're more expensive. The process of CFM or Ion exchange is a more expensive one, hence the higher price. What you get for that price however is a lot more protein per serving and that too of a higher Biological Value (BV) as compared to WPC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Bong View Post

But still wanted to know if one particular bar position (high or low) for back squat is superiour/preferable to the other...
I'm a little confused. For regular squats, the bar will rest either on your shoulders for regular squats and on your collarbone, for front squats.

For hack squats, the bar will be held behind you, just under your hips. I'm not able to comprehend "back squats". Please elaborate.

Old 24th April 2009, 18:47   #1241
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think this has been pointed out before. pre-2005 articles at BB.com are Gold.

1-t, keep us in the loop about whey-proteins you get your hands on.
[stuff like Advanced sports, ergopharm,Cyto complete whey and ofcourse beverly/propeptide.]
Surely will.
I am trying to source them from US so thats why i asked which ones are good enough for me.
BTW i think you are on BB forum with same Username as i recall seeing your username on some forum sometime back.
Old 24th April 2009, 18:53   #1242
BHPian

Quote:
Surely will.
I am trying to source them from US so thats why i asked which ones are good enough for me.
BTW i think you are on BB forum with same Username as i recall seeing your username on some forum sometime back.
you mean this post by godog
Serge Nubret, BodyBuilding Legend - Page 103 - Bodybuilding.com Forums
Old 24th April 2009, 19:46   #1243
BHPian

Quote:

Cyto is available here in Pune; my friend stocks it. Got Evopro for myself and complete whey for a friend a while back.
Old 24th April 2009, 23:46   #1244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
I'm a little confused. For regular squats, the bar will rest either on your shoulders for regular squats and on your collarbone, for front squats.

For hack squats, the bar will be held behind you, just under your hips. I'm not able to comprehend "back squats". Please elaborate.
Yessir - by back squats, I mean regular squats - sorry for the confusion...w.r.t. bar position (high/low bar) what I was referring to was this -

Is one preferable to the other?

Thanks for posting the vids, I 've gone through some of the Squat Rx vids earlier and really found them useful!

Last edited by Flying Bong : 24th April 2009 at 23:54.
Old 25th April 2009, 00:04   #1245
BHPian

Which multi do you take Vikram?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks