Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2006, 20:32   #106
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremeBaleno
3) What are my doubts ?
- Am I doing it right ? I mean the exercise schedule mentioned above - is it OK ? Or am I doing something stupid that could cause harm ?
- What is the cycle for doing dumbbells for biceps/triceps. I mean, if it is biceps today, after how many days should I work those muscles again? Same for triceps? And how many sets for each ?

Phew!!! Long post. Hope someone has the answers for me.
I would say never go the dumbbell way, but read the whole thread once, you might get your answers.
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:16   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Actually, the morning is the worst time, as the relatively cooler air traps the pollutants. If its clean(er) air you're after, walking on a treadmill in an AC gym is the best bet. Afterall, how many of us are lucky enough to live high up in the hills like Khaadu!

In the cities yes the air is not good among concrete buildings. But when ol man' in your house sez to wake up early and take some fresh air means going to parks and into the greenery. Coz trees stop inhaling oxygen and start inhaling carbon Dioxide and exhaling Oxygen.

I have been working out since childhood from Karate, martial Arts, Gymnastics(CPDCPE), Athletes( 2nd Guajarat state 100m sprint). Did yoga occassionally but never followed it religiously like my parents do. But many say Yoga is the best.

Started gym 8 years ago as I was the tiniest in my class. IT helped a lot along with cycling and swimming and today I stand at 5.10 which is nothing extraordinary but still much better.

Started weights 5 years ago. But Not for building bulk but a good physique.

ran a few marathons too ( I am working with a marathon organiser ) and it was fun.

For losing weight Dieting is the worst measure but Eating the right food items.
Walk fast for 1 hour every morning and leisurely 30mins after dinner for middle aged people will have effective and lasting results. Dont expect miracles though. Young people can takeup cycling and swimming. For gym followers use the treadmill and then Floor exercises. including various forms of situps.

A toast for our good health.

Last edited by devarshi84 : 22nd June 2006 at 22:23.
Old 22nd June 2006, 22:27   #108
Senior - BHPian

I did gymming for last 5 years (tarted when i was 24...in job). was able to gain a respectful (stiull lean) stature.

now reachnig 30....the intensity of weights has decreased, but i looked out to other things, and found out capoeira.

I joined the calsss, and first class was nothing but maintaining strange postures, doing it very slowly, and stretchign at the end. But Mannnnnn, i was dead tired after that. i mean imagine being on all fours (knees straight) then lifting one leg straight backwards as kick, and then doing some pushups. many more like that. was really a good workout. every muscle was paining. hope to do some kicks and flips one day

anybody else tried capoeira?
Old 23rd June 2006, 10:33   #109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu
And if nothing works still .... Come to Himachal !!! Stay for a month with me .... See the weight vanish
Sounds good ....infact I would just take up that offer for getting some fresh pure clean air into my highly soot clogged system.........

dont know about the weight though.....with all those KF's and whiskies that will float around....hehhehehe

Last edited by normally_crazy : 23rd June 2006 at 10:34.
Old 23rd June 2006, 11:26   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by normally_crazy
Sounds good ....infact I would just take up that offer for getting some fresh pure clean air into my highly soot clogged system.........

dont know about the weight though.....with all those KF's and whiskies that will float around....hehhehehe
Hey, Anytime u wanna come over for a detox ..just come !!! As for the weight ... dont worry ... no matter how much KF or whisky gets into ur system , u will burn more than u consume .. infact ask Sam and he might vouch for it .

Cheers
Old 23rd June 2006, 14:29   #111
BHPian

How come i missed this thread anyway if u guys want to take supplements try optimums 100% whey gold standard its one of the best products in the world...i have been working out for more than 2 years with out proteins i had 12" arms when i started out now its 16" im planning to take the whey!!
Old 24th June 2006, 23:37   #112
BHPian

I am a endomorph so I have easy time putting muscle and fat. So I do HIIT 3 times a week for abt 30 minutes each time.

I do a simple 2-day routine and it works wonder for me.

Day One:

Dips or Bench Press 3 x 6-8

Incline Press, or incline Fly 3 x 10-12

Military Press, Or Hammer Shoulder Press 3 x 6-8

Tricep (skull crushers) Extensions or Tricep Pushdowns 3 x 10-12

Heavy Abs 3 x 10

Day Two:

Pull-Up 3 sets to failure or Lats pulldown 3 x 8-10

Barbell Row 2 x 8

EZ-Bar Or Dumbell Curl 1 x 10

Squats 5 x 8-20(2 sets of warmup, 2 sets of working weight, and the last one is a 20 rep widowmaker with half of my working weight)

Deadlifts, or Stiff-Legged Deadlift 3 x 10
__________________________________________________ _______________

And the key thing is nutrition. I take in atleast 15-20 times your body weight in pounds in calories to bulk up. And I take 1 gm or protein per pound of lean bodyweight. I weigh 175 lbs with 15% bodyfat take in 175 x .85 = abt 150 grams of protein per day.

Re suppliments: I take two scoops of whey protein as I am a vegetarian. I usually mix it with milk or make protein bars out of it. Each scoop has abt 21 grams of protein in it. And also a multi-vitamin and mineral pill to just make sure I get all the important micronutrients, especially zinc.

Last edited by Centro-P : 24th June 2006 at 23:48.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:13   #113
BHPian

Vitamin "M" is a bit less now and when everything is fine dont wont to try supplements even if it helps some gain.
I hate workouts in mornings and simply cant even do 1 set of 8 reps
Evenings thats around 3 onwards i begin to get to full steam and power.

I am into power workouts so my reps are less and weights are more
Do a 8, 6, 4 - (3 set)
My Favorites are Bench Press, Incline & Decline Flyes, Arnold Press and Concentration Curls.
My best Incline Fly is 17.5kilo pair 4 reps
I hate Squats.
Workout time 25 to 30 minutes a day Friday Off for Drinks and binge foods
My Diet -
Eggs Milk Tuna Beef Chick Peas, Kidney Beans, Black Eye Beans, etc are supplements
Arabic Bread - Kabus (since im in Abu Dhabi)

The best part of workouts for me is that it makes me feel younger as I age.
Started 16 yrs ago.

I was an Alchoholic for 2 yrs and it was my Dad who got me out of it by guiding me into weight training and mind control. He has helped me alot to get me interested in working out.

Last edited by 2fast4u : 25th June 2006 at 15:17.
Old 25th June 2006, 15:53   #114
Team-BHP Support

Go to google website. Enter Dead lifts and click on I'm feeling lucky button. Enjoy.
Old 26th June 2006, 12:43   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaadu75
Hey, Anytime u wanna come over for a detox ..just come !!! As for the weight ... dont worry ... no matter how much KF or whisky gets into ur system , u will burn more than u consume .. infact ask Sam and he might vouch for it .

Cheers
Yup, I can vouch for that. Clean mountain air and the fact that it takes 15 minutes of mountain climbing to get to a toilet. Full on and quite nothing like real, nature's exercise.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard the brand new rage i've started? how to keep fit using the coitus technique?
Old 26th June 2006, 15:47   #116
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Yup, I can vouch for that. Clean mountain air and the fact that it takes 15 minutes of mountain climbing to get to a toilet. Full on and quite nothing like real, nature's exercise.

Speaking of which, has anyone heard the brand new rage i've started? how to keep fit using the coitus technique?
Hey, I wonder which loo were you headed to that took u 15 mins to get to .. ?? And wats this coitus technique that you talking about ... ??

Cheers
Old 26th June 2006, 15:51   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

God damn you Sam! We know you are a lucky guy but you don't have to rub it in for us singles!! We have trouble keeping fit as is & you are pissing us off even more with your filthy filthy ideas!!!

The members can google on their own, no show 'n' tell required. - Mod Team

Last edited by Samurai : 26th June 2006 at 17:37.
Old 27th June 2006, 16:06   #118
Senior - BHPian

offtopic:

I know a person in my neighbourhood at his 90's, still travel to his relative places in trains and buses on his own. Never visited doctor for whatsoever reason in his lifetime. thats what i heard & i had never seen him falling ill for atleast 6-7 yrs.

For me this sort of HEALTH IS THE REAL WEALTH.

Really gifted man. Wanted to know the secret behind his health

Last edited by Surprise : 27th June 2006 at 16:08.
Old 10th February 2007, 13:30   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon View Post
Hey aadix, very very sorry...

Goal:
Lose weight and tone body, also increase size on Shoulders/Arms
Diet:
40% Protein, 40% Carbs, 20% Fat, 2000 Calories*
Be on a very strict diet. Do not cheat, cut out the junk. If you want cheat only on Sunday's. This is because Sunday would be a day when you might go out n all. I don't have abs [because I have no time for it, I'm looking to bulk so its difficult], but I do know one thing - you need to control your diet. That extra carb can ruin your chance of your abs showing.

*2000 Calories is an approximate figure. There are some sites which help you to know how much calories your require according to your age, gender, height, weight, body fat.
Training:
Do cardio thrice a week. Do weights thrice a week. It is best if you alternate them since you won't be over-exerting yourself. You need to tone and build muscle. So do heavy weights in the range of twelve reps. For shoulders, concentrate on raises [front, lateral] and do military press. For arms, concentration curls and barbell curls are best.
Aadix, don't think that I'm Super-Strong or have a to-die-for physique. I have a decent physique coz I've got results from what I've done and learnt. I have knowledge on bodybuilding, but it is very difficult for me to follow it. But I never give up hope. Each day I try harder and again I'm getting gains now.

Aadix, could you list your diet here please??! I have a huge diet already, but I wanna change it in some ways, I'm getting bored of eating the same thing day-in and day-out. Waiting for the diet.
hey dude this is what my diet comprises of.I m following this since a few days.My goal is to lose body fat and gain muscle thats why i m following this diet.I do three days cardio and three days of weight training
meal 1:

1 fruit + 1/2 cup dry oatmeal ( or high fiber cereal) + 1 cup milk (low fat or fatfree)

meal 2

small handfull almonds + 1 fruit (no banana)

meal 3

daal+ meal maker( tofu or any soy product)+ salads without salt

meals 4

small handfull nuts+ yogurt or soy milk

meals 5

boiled channa/rajma + tofu or soy product+ salads without salt

Now i tried taking tofu but the thing is i cant take it two times a day thats why i have started whey protein otherwise if u or anyone else is able to follow this diet i dont think anyone wud need whey.

Last edited by kooldude : 10th February 2007 at 13:35.
Old 10th February 2007, 18:43   #120
BHPian

hey guys,i am like 10 kgs under weight,have been gymming since bout 3 months now and put on 3.5 kgs,my trainer told me to start taking proteins to put on some weight,but iwas wondering if it would be healthy to take all these articficial things n all....u guys have any idea how it can damage the body,can we stop havin it abruptly? i dnt want to look "bulky" by any chance...also is their a specific company to stick to?
thanks alot!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks