Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 12:12   #1756
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SohailPistawala View Post
1st and the most important option is not there... Lothi. Where is the diet??? are you planning to diet or no or just relying on these other options.

Yes, more of nutritious food and less or no junk food
Old 23rd July 2009, 13:01   #1757
BHPian

Lohit, i think you should work on your passion i.e. gymming, along with running/Cycling and sometimes martial arts. Diet is in control as you said it.
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:16   #1758
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NK@Hyd View Post
Hi Guys,

I'll be starting with weighted pushups soon. Does anyone know where I can get a good weighted vest (preferably in Hyd.)?
Any good sports store will have it !
Old 23rd July 2009, 15:19   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Any good sports store will have it !
Whoa...what are YOU doing on this thread
Old 23rd July 2009, 16:29   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
I go to the gym everyday. I have off days only for weights (once a week) i still do cardio though.

My question was do i take protein even on days that i dont go to the gym (inevitably it happens like twice a month).
Also do i need to take protein when i am on vacation ? (no gym say for a week)
IMO yes.
But reduce the quantity.
Like if you take 2 scoops on gym days then take 1 scoop on off days as you are taking your meal etc and not working out so one will be fine.
It can be a great way to supplement and get the proper aminos, etc. Recovery days can be more important than workout days because that's when you grow and recuperate.
This works for me atleast.

Experts correct me if i am wrong.
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:08   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
@Godog- so did you bought the superpump, if you did hows the experience?
I bought it alright. But darned flu!!

Quote:
Should i take protein supplement even if i dont make it to the gym ?
You mean the gym runs away? jk. Go with the flow.

Quote:
I go to the gym everyday. I have off days only for weights (once a week) i still do cardio though.

My question was do i take protein even on days that i dont go to the gym (inevitably it happens like twice a month).
Also do i need to take protein when i am on vacation ? (no gym say for a week)
If you still eat food on days you don't make it to the gym, why go easy on one meal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
IMO yes.
But reduce the quantity.
Like if you take 2 scoops on gym days then take 1 scoop on off days as you are taking your meal etc and not working out so one will be fine.
It can be a great way to supplement and get the proper aminos, etc. Recovery days can be more important than workout days because that's when you grow and recuperate.
This works for me atleast.

Experts correct me if i am wrong.
Talking about Experts, 1-Testosterone is online....
Old 23rd July 2009, 23:38   #1762
BHPian

@pranav and @ Jaguar: I have started with squats and some crunches along with pushup. As the diet goes, i am having Chapati 3 times a day and on weekends i eat something heavier like rice.

Let me see the progress and will keep this updated. But my plans are getting disrupted as i am going to Kuwait for 10 days. This traveling is what keeps me away from proper food.
Old 25th July 2009, 15:32   #1763
BHPian

56 to 93 kgs naturally!!!

Guys, after reading through most of the posts in this thread,I see many are opting for supplements to either gain weight or lose it..To be honest, even though there are so many products that claim 'No side effects', you definitely will be impacted at some point of time in your life, nothing can beat natural diet and gain/lose weight naturally.

Well, let me introduce myself - I'm a techie that used to be very lean since birth, I am tall too and stand at 6'3", when I completed my higher secondary, I weighed exactly 56kgs and with the height I was in,I was easily the odd man out for all the wrong reasons.So,though I thought I might never get into right proportions as I was too thin, I decided joining gym might help my cause.

Finally I joined the gym on Mar 2002,I was 17 then and weighed exactly 56kgs.Before I registered myself with the gym, I told myself that no matter what I should visit the gym for next 3yrs at least, and no matter what I should never take up supplements.For the first 6months,I was struggling to lift weights,and even push ups seemed nightmarish.I didn't give up and expected nothing,I was regular to the gym, took a balanced diet,never made myself feel hungry.Days passed, one fine day when I looked at myself on the mirror, I felt a litle change in my appearance, I could see a little improvement, I was very happy to see the change though the change was very little, I took the motivation, by now I was able to do workouts as how it was meant to be done, I started to increase my weights gradually, there was never a period where I rushed up with weights, nowadays I see a lot of people who visit the gym start lifting heavy weights right away.As months passed by, the improvement got better and better, I made sure that I had the best of mixed diet,my wight crossed 60 and at the end of 2003 I was nearing 70. My friends and family were astonished looking at the improvementss I made on the past 1yr.

I had the patience and perseverance, so as years passed by my weight increased gradually, now I weigh 93kgs with a strong build and a fully sculpted body, let me tell you again that I never took any form of supplements,even a pinch.The inference I want to make from my story is-

1. Patience and perseverance is the key for success in gym.

2. Never rush up with weights,move gradually.

3. There is nothing called a perfect workout, a particular workout(eg.dumbell press) might work out for someone but it need not give the same result on you(eg.your body might respond to workouts with rods).The key is learnng while doing workout, you should be able to realize whether you are getting any result from the workout you are doing,you can gauge this over a period.

4. Each body type is different , so you have to understand your body first, based on that you have to decide what you want, keep your expectations realistic for the time being

5. Identify the workouts which gives resulst for you, don't try to emulate others workout plans,you will endup nowhere.

6.Look for supplements only as a last resort.

Basically the thing is you need to apply your rationale in gym too.Having a nice physique can do wonders to your social status.The attention and respect that I receive now makes me feel that the pain I went through is worth it.

If you are looking for body building naturally, you can ask me for any suggestions.I'm more than happy to help you all,right now I train few of my friends and don't mind helpng fellow t-bhiaps as well.

Ultimately, appearance counts bigtime, at least for the majority.

Have a Nice Day!!!
Old 25th July 2009, 16:57   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Lovely cliffhanger. You're a breath of fresh air in this supplement-ed thread
Old 25th July 2009, 19:29   #1765
BHPian

Are you guys seriously calling a protein shake a supplement?
Old 26th July 2009, 01:39   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Guys, after reading through most of the posts in this thread...

Ultimately, appearance counts bigtime, at least for the majority.

Have a Nice Day!!!
So. Did you EVER try a supplement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Are you guys seriously calling a protein shake a supplement?
BING!BING!BING!

Supplement Wars! Round TWO!

FIGHT!!!

Old 26th July 2009, 10:38   #1767
BHPian

@godog

Yeah,I mentioned it already in my post that I never took even a pinch of supplement.My rhetoric to all my friends have always been "Never take supplements".
Apart from the innumerable drawbacks of supplements, the major one is if your body gets adapted to supplements, you can never build it again normally,say, you have to take a long break or you are already in a long break, you would definitely lose all the weight you gained through supplements, so when you want to regain your weight again, your body would not respond unless you take supplements that you were taking already.Now you may have the age and time, but imagine once you cross 30, you would be restricted and your body gets completely deformed, this is just one of the innumerable drawbacks of taking supplements.I can list many more but I leave it for you to look at it.

@Gagan.js
I wonder what made you to raise such a ignorant question, no offense to you, I think supplements have become so common that people think only steroids are supplements and all others are just as normal as the food we take daily. Let me tell you, anything you take either in powder form or as tablets is definitely called supplement.

Instead of taking protein powders, I would suggest you egg whites, soya(not soya beans),chicken,etc.I resorted to this diet and was successful in gaining weight.As I said earlier, patience and perseverance is the key.

Hope this post helps.

Have a Nice Day!.

-Thanks
Old 26th July 2009, 10:48   #1768
BHPian

I think it was more of shock, don't know.

I won't start a supplement war, nothing good comes out of it. I'll just say one word for protein powders, convenience.

Nice purchase Pranav

Cooldude, take your protein shake on off days too.
Old 26th July 2009, 10:57   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
Apart from the innumerable drawbacks of supplements, the major one is if your body gets adapted to supplements
Are you serious? This quote is as amateurish as it gets.
Old 26th July 2009, 11:54   #1770
BHPian

^^^

Well well, I think you are immersed into supplements,I don't know what you understood from my partial statement you have quoted.Let me put it again

"Apart from the innumerable drawbacks of supplements, the major one is if your body gets adapted to supplements, you can never build it again normally,say, you have to take a long break or you are already in a long break, you would definitely lose all the weight you gained through supplements, so when you want to regain your weight again, your body would not respond unless you take supplements that you were taking already."

I think I've put it in such simple words for even a layman to understand.

Do you want to say this is not true?If yes, then GOD only can help you.

I'm working out for almost 9yrs now and have seen bodybuilders from Mr.India to Mr.TamilNadu, in fact this year's Mr.TamilNadu is my close friend, while all of these guys agreed to what I have mentioned, I'm surprised that you find it amateurish.

Have heard that Ignorance is Bliss!!Seems, it's true..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks