Search this Thread
Old 25th April 2009, 01:24   #1246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
See, godog is omniscient

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post
Cyto is available here in Pune; my friend stocks it. Got Evopro for myself and complete whey for a friend a while back.
Complete whey is what I couldn't get here. Whats evopro?

btw Harry, my "keep us in the loop" request was directed at 1-Testosterone (1-t); but you're more than welcome to share your latest.

You guys make me think about Protein so much, i'm gettin' big n buff just sitting here. Thanks!
Old 25th April 2009, 04:27   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagan.js View Post
Which multi do you take Vikram?
This:

NOW Foods - ADAMā„¢ Superior Men's Multiple Vitamin - 90 Vcaps®

and since I've finished off my fish oil caps, I'm giving this a try:

NOW Foods - Omega 3-6-9 1000 mg - 250 Gels

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post

Complete whey is what I couldn't get here. Whats evopro?
I have complete whey in Cocoa Bean flavor, which I carry to gym for a friend (she hates strawberry, so doesn't have my Isoflex).

Evopro is Cytosport's Whey Isolate-Micellar Casein-Milk Isolate-Colustrum blend. This is the same blend that goes into their Muscle Milk along with some other stuff like MCTs etc. I can't see it on their site anymore, so they're probably just putting this into Muscle Milk and Monster Milk and not selling it as Evopro anymore.

Bodybuilding.com - CytoSport EvoPro - Low Carb Diet Protein! On sale now!

I couldn't get Myofusion at my friend's place today so I got this instead:

Product Profile

I'm SO not complaining

Also picked this up as I've run out of a protein blend:

:: Innovative Delivery Systems - Welcome to IDS Sports ::

Last edited by vikram18 : 25th April 2009 at 04:35.
Old 25th April 2009, 11:41   #1248
BHPian

So it is confirmed that the stuff from Alpha is genuine right?
Old 25th April 2009, 12:56   #1249
BHPian

No no one confirmed it yet. Also have to see "how much cheaper" is it in Alfa

I went to a shop in lokhandwala(neulife has an outlet here too) and that guy had his products covered in dust on the corner shelf. I just walked out.

There is a medical shop opposite bonbon in seven bungalows and the idiot gave me attitude. He bought neulife products and was selling for 400 or so rupees higher that the neulife sticker price. I could see the bloody neulife sticker on the tub and he said "nahi boss koi be bech sakta hai"
So he was getting the 10% discount from neulife and adding another 400rs and was scamming people.

So at the moment, in Mumbai apart from neulife I can't find any genuine sellers. Someone mentioned reliance wellness on this thread...information anyone?
Old 25th April 2009, 13:07   #1250
BHPian

Quote:
He bought neulife products and was selling for 400 or so rupees higher that the neulife sticker price. I could see the bloody neulife sticker on the tub and he said "nahi boss koi be bech sakta hai"

So at the moment, in Mumbai apart from neulife I can't find any genuine sellers. Someone mentioned reliance wellness on this thread...information anyone?

Neulife are the importers, so almost all legally imported ON, Labrada, BSN, etc. products will have that sticker. I'm sure he gets more than 10% off too!

I can send you the number of my friends shop in Pune who can ship these products to you in mumbai. See if it works out for you.
He stocks Cytosport, SAN, Gaspari, Muscletech, IDS Sport, etc. and keeps getting new stuff all the time. He also has very competitive prices and also has ON occasionally.

For the record, I have no commercial interest in this whatsoever.

Last edited by vikram18 : 25th April 2009 at 13:10.
Old 25th April 2009, 13:30   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Someone mentioned reliance wellness on this thread...information anyone?
It was me who mentioned Reliance Wellness - as I just had a friend buy ON Casein from there the other day. The tub had the neulife sticker price and reliance sells all their nutrition products for a cool 10% discount off the neulif sticker price
This is in bangy, its latest stock - only thing my friend struggled with at reliance was that reliance they stock ON gold standard whey only in double choco and 10lb packs (no tub or smaller packs or other flavours like cookie cream)
Old 25th April 2009, 20:02   #1252
Senior - BHPian

I'm very curious now... How much do you guys spend on supplements on an average? The names of products and chemicals that I've seen in this thread boggle my mind and I want to know how much relative difference do they make, compared to, say whey or creatine monohydrate. No offense or attitude towards anyone, I'm just sitting here with my mouth and my mind wide open.

I've now stopped taking creatine and whey for one month. Don't notice any real difference, perhaps because I actually used they whey as a supplement and nothing more. Perhaps the always-on pump you get when on creatine isn't there right now, but apart from that, I'm not noticing a lot of difference. Sure, I'm only able to do about 7 reps instead of 8-9 at the same weights and I've stopped putting on more muscle right now, atleast that's what my mirror is saying. I've had a positive experience with the two supplements I took (ON+Dymatize+Some other Whey protein, Biotest labs' (t-nation) creatine monohydrate) and I feel like they did their job perfectly.

@Supplements experts: I'm going to start running again. Around 10-15kms everyday. So I need lots of endurance. At the same time, I'm going to go for a final burst of muscle-building for about 2 months where I'll be eating like a somalian who's just received food via a food drop. What supplements do I need to keep everything working in perfect shape? My diet requirements will go much much higher and I've already planned for that, including the extra protein and low-GI carbs for endurance. These pills, 120% power rocket boosters, asskicking sharks-with-frikkin-lazer-beam oils, m********king big-gun powders, ultra xxx999 supplements are where I'm confused. Do I need them? If so, please guide me

Last edited by pranavt : 25th April 2009 at 20:12.
Old 25th April 2009, 22:01   #1253
BHPian

pranavt: Go for these supplements. Look for a product that comes close while matching these ingredients in proven dosages:

1. Citrulline Malate
2. Beta Alanine
3. Protein Blend (Miceller Casein/Whey Protein)
4. AntiOxidants (NOW)
5. Multivitamin (NOW or Country Life)
Old 25th April 2009, 23:21   #1254
BHPian

Also to reduce protein refractoriness and get protein synthesis going to maximum level, you need to include some EAA's in your supplement regime.
Old 25th April 2009, 23:44   #1255
BHPian

whats the opinion on supplementing on rest days - I see varying advice on this, all the way from no change in supplements on rest days to just multi-vitamins (no protein) or nothing
Old 25th April 2009, 23:50   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
Also to reduce protein refractoriness and get protein synthesis going to maximum level, you need to include some EAA's in your supplement regime.

Could you recommend a specific brand please?

And what about timing it? Pre w/o? Post w/o? Pre-bed? Post b'fast? (During w/o?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram18 View Post

I couldn't get Myofusion at my friend's place today so I got this instead:

Product Profile (Intrapro)

I'm SO not complaining
You loaded B. How was it? What does it cost?
Old 26th April 2009, 00:01   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
whats the opinion on supplementing on rest days - I see varying advice on this, all the way from no change in supplements on rest days to just multi-vitamins (no protein) or nothing
Protein Supplements: Supplement the protein in your food. If you can digest the powder well, why stop it? Unless its karva-chauth.

Multis: Same as above. Replace protein with essential vitamins.

Creatine: Should be cycled. Continue with the regular dosage.

NO: This is where the "hmm..." comes in. I like to take it early on in the day, like a cup of coffee.

Glutamine: Throw it in the junk-bin like every other day. 2 caps or more.

I guess that covers a majority of Supplements we use. As for the ahems , you should know better before you begin them.

[Mods: Please merge this with last post.]
Old 26th April 2009, 00:04   #1258
BHPian

On rest days, just comprehensive multivitamin.mineral and antioxidant formula is enough. However, for a vegetarian like me, couple of servings of protein blends is must.
Old 27th April 2009, 17:16   #1259
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
I'm very curious now... How much do you guys spend on supplements on an average?
<6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranavt View Post
@Supplements experts: I'm going to start running again. Around 10-15kms everyday. So I need lots of endurance. At the same time, I'm going to go for a final burst of muscle-building for about 2 months where I'll be eating like a somalian who's just received food via a food drop. What supplements do I need to keep everything working in perfect shape? My diet requirements will go much much higher and I've already planned for that, including the extra protein and low-GI carbs for endurance. These pills, 120% power rocket boosters, asskicking sharks-with-frikkin-lazer-beam oils, m********king big-gun powders, ultra xxx999 supplements are where I'm confused. Do I need them? If so, please guide me
Not expert opinion, but MHO is load up on rice and beans before your runs. Like a cow. and Mutton (if you can) after your runs. [Aim at consuming > 1500g a day; move up slowly.] Endurance is tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1-Testosterone View Post
pranavt: Go for these supplements. Look for a product that comes close while matching these ingredients in proven dosages:

1. Citrulline Malate
2. Beta Alanine
3. Protein Blend (Miceller Casein/Whey Protein)
4. AntiOxidants (NOW)
5. Multivitamin (NOW or Country Life)
I have never seen the bold marked supplements in isolation. why are they required and which products/foods are they most commonly found?

Quote:

These pills, 120% power rocket boosters, asskicking sharks-with-frikkin-lazer-beam oils, m********king big-gun powders, ultra xxx999 supplements
Classic.
Old 27th April 2009, 20:21   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by godog View Post

I have never seen the bold marked supplements in isolation. why are they required and which products/foods are they most commonly found?

Here you go:

T-Nation.com | Beta-Alanine: A Supplement Superstar

Bodybuilding.com - Citrulline Malate Information and Product Listing! Citrulline Malate FAQ!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks