Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:44   #331
Team-BHP Support

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

I got the following chair for my Bangalore WFH setup. I wanted a PU-leather surface because it is easy to wipe the dust from the chair.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09D9FW4RH

The seat is very comfortable and had got lumbar support. The only gripe is my legs are dangling even at the lowest settings. I probably have to replace the gas lift with a shorter one.
Old 22nd March 2024, 08:55   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Gents, is there a scientific reason behind the flood of mesh back chairs in the market? It looks cool sure but doesn't 'look' comfortable.
I have a mesh back chair at home for the three days of the week that I work from home (just for me though, wife has no WFH).

It is definitely breathable and vaccuumable (if that's a word), more so than the ones with solid cushions.

Most importantly, the mesh can be easily replaced if the little ones in the family damage it (Human or Feline babies). And it is definitely more lightweight and causes lesser wear and tear overall on the wheels.

The manufacturers like it because they spend less material to manufacture a chair, so more profit for them too.
Small Bot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 19:30   #333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gents, is there a scientific reason behind the flood of mesh back chairs in the market? It looks cool sure but doesn't 'look' comfortable.

If the logic behind mesh seats is somethng like better airfllow/cooling to reduce sweating, the obvious question would be - why don't cars have mesh front seats?
I'm not a fan of the mesh chairs either. It was a task finding a full padded fabric chair last year when I replaced my 15+ year old chair
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:18   #334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the logic behind mesh seats is somethng like better airfllow/cooling to reduce sweating, the obvious question would be - why don't cars have mesh front seats?
Aside, I just hope that neither R C Bhargava nor one of his influential honchos reads this. If they do, they might come up with a WindBack edition of Swift or its siblings!
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:36   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Aside, I just hope that neither R C Bhargava nor one of his influential honchos reads this.
Slim wire mesh front seats will increase legroom for rear passengers. I think we might be on to something revolutionary here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am using it like this right now. Pretty comfortable for long duration.
From the photo, it looks like the back support contours will change - because now you are sitting about 5 cm higher now. For eg: without the cushion, your lower back will be touching P1 (marked by me) area. But with the cushion, your lower back will be touching P2 (marked by me) area

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20230717_111345.jpg

Ditto with mid/upper back touch points. It will all be shifted higher. Will this not cause any back discomfort?
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 20:42   #336
Distinguished - BHPian

I have a mesh-back chair. I keep it covered with a towel for two reasons:-

1. If one tends to be bare-chested at home, the mesh imprints itself on one's back.

2. It offers zero mosquito safety.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks