Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 16:09   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Fixed headrest would be a deal breaker for me. My cheapo chair has a mesh back: I'm not keen, even though it is comfortable: easy access for mosquitoes! I keep a towel on it.

Thanks for the full review.
Old 15th November 2021, 17:46   #287
Senior - BHPian

I am looking to buy a chair for my WFH setup. I was looking at pace seating and found this chair (with adjustable headrest, lumbar and armrests). Would love to hear any feedback about the chair?

Model I am looking at is Fuse-HB
Old 24th November 2021, 19:20   #288
Team-BHP Support

Dad was complaining of back pain last few weeks. Finally decided to get him a comfortable chair vs the dining chair he was using till now.

Went to the Featherlite showroom and had him try everything they had. Expectedly the one he liked was the Helix HB. It offered all the adjustment options and was perfect for his back. Most other chairs that offered good back support lacked under thigh support. With the Helix you can slide the base forwards allowing very good under thigh support.

While at the store I too tried out a few chairs and surprising more than the Helix, I found the Amaze far more comfortable. I don't like extra lower back support and prefer under thigh support since I'm more than 6 feet height. The Amaze has the most under thigh support from any chair at Featherlite.

A pic of the Helix:

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20211124_152043.jpg

There's a 10% offer running so final was 24K.
Vid6639 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th November 2021, 15:03   #289

Hello Bhpian's

I need a VFM ergonomic chair for myself, let me introduce you myself, I am 25 and I recently got a full-time WFH job which requires me to sit in front of the screen for almost 10-12 hrs every day. And it's been only one 1week into the job I have started getting back pain and severe neck pain.

I went to the Featherlite showroom and was confused between OPUS HB, LIBERATE HB. But seeing the good reviews of HELIX HB on Tbhp, I am confused. Should I splurge an extra 10k for HELIX or get myself LIBERATE HB at 14k. Do suggest asap.
Old 1st January 2022, 09:16   #290
Senior - BHPian

After salivating over the nice chairs in this thread. I took the plunge myself. Got a featherlite optima mesh hb. Picked it up used from a local showroom that had advertised on OLX. Got it for 9k. I'm a happy camper !
Old 1st January 2022, 09:40   #291
BHPian

My Urban Ladder chair has begun creaking loudly within a few months of purchase. Can this be fixed or are we supposed to live with this?
Old 1st February 2022, 10:13   #292
Senior - BHPian

I have this Featherlite Optima MB from 2018. One thing I experience on extended usage is the amount of heat the seating part radiates.

There are 2 workarounds I am using currently:

1. Use an old towel . This has reduced it to a large extent.
2. Sit on the floor for a few minutes every half-1 hr.

Is this a problem across all type of chairs? Switching to Herman-Miller with the mesh bottom is not an option, its way beyond affordability. Would this sort of chair help?

I don't want to buy and find out, since happens only on extended usage, not something I'd find on a store visit.
Old 1st February 2022, 10:53   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I have this Featherlite Optima MB from 2018. One thing I experience on extended usage is the amount of heat the seating part radiates.

There are 2 workarounds I am using currently:

1. Use an old towel . This has reduced it to a large extent.
2. Sit on the floor for a few minutes every half-1 hr.

Is this a problem across all type of chairs? Switching to Herman-Miller with the mesh bottom is not an option, its way beyond affordability. Would this sort of chair help?

I don't want to buy and find out, since happens only on extended usage, not something I'd find on a store visit.
Use a bead seat . Like the one used in cars. They provide ventilation .

I use this. My bum is happy

https://www.amazon.in/Q1-Beads-cushi...=1&ext_vrnc=hi
sagarpadaki is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2022, 10:58   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
A friend purchased one recently, and is happy with it. Others have given good feedback for Transteel.
I did not have a good experience with Transteel maybe I got a lemon. Within a month of purchase the base (on which the wheels are fixed) broke, then the gaslift mechanism failed and finally the main mechanism on which the seat rests had to be replace. Thankfully everything was covered under warranty and Transteel replaced it on-time. However this chair does not inspire confidence in me as the warranty is about to expire in couple of months.
Old 1st February 2022, 14:37   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Use a bead seat
Thanks man, will try it out
Old 26th February 2022, 14:26   #296
Senior - BHPian

After 5 years with the Featherlite Optima. Got another Optima, this time around with the headrest. The newer version has adjustable seat. Is now perforated as opposed to the flat polyester material earlier version had. The choice was between Helix and Optima. The slightly better (perforated and wider) seating swung the vote towards Optima. Both retailed at 27K apiece.

The older Optima's mesh was giving away, its going be handed down to the 12 year old, who has been an on and off user.

I really wanted to get the Pinnacle with the mesh bottom, but at 63K it was way out of range. Maybe in the next 5 year plan
Old 26th February 2022, 18:31   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After 5 years with the Featherlite Optima.
Am I right in thinking that this is a rebrand of a mass-market chair, probably made in some place to the approximate North-East of our country?

I have an identical chair, that I bought from an exhibition in Chennai, 2016, I think, which carries the name Palve. The lumbar support thing broke some time ago, and the mesh back has stretched to the point where it offers no support at all. The seat base has become very had. As such, it is now extremely uncomfortable.

Jugad: a cushion and one of those cheap springy lumbar support things make it ok, and I am not rushing to buy new, as I suspect I shall have to go for a much more expensive chair if I want more than seven years life out of it, and there are other things to spend the money on.
Old 26th February 2022, 20:30   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
The lumbar support thing broke some time ago, and the mesh back has stretched to the point where it offers no support at all. The seat base has become very had. As such, it is now extremely uncomfortable.
My experience isn't as bad as yours, even though its gone through abuse > 10 hours a day for the time it was with me.

The seat base is still fine. Its just that it heats up my rear, sitting for extended hours. Lumbar support didn't break but becomes loose within an hour. The newer version has some locks in place, let's how it fares.

Mesh is ok for now, but won't last more than a year for my kind of use.

Bigger brands like Steelcase or Herman Miller are either 2x or 4x more expensive Can't afford that much at this point in time.
Old 27th February 2022, 04:24   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Bigger brands like Steelcase or Herman Miller are either 2x or 4x more expensive Can't afford that much at this point in time.
I've already been stung by Herman Miller. I don't mean by the company: bad choice by me! It seemed wonderful in the shop, and I did spend quite a lot of time there, but never really got comfortable in it at home, Nearly 1 lakh wasted! It was flood damaged. We did eventually get it repaired, but in the meantime I got the Palve (possibly otherwise known as Featherlite).

I'll probably make do for 6 - 12 months and look at Steelcase, or whatever is available by then. I do not want a five-year chair: I want a decade-or-two chair. A chair that, now, might outlive me! I know I'll have to pay for that.

My previous chair: sat in it for 11 years in the office; might have been nearly ten years old when I got the job. Due to closure, I was able to take it, and a few other things, home, and I got another five or so years out of it. I forget the make, but the company (in London) did buy good stuff when they set up there.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2022, 10:52   #300
BHPian

During the lockdown with WFH becoming the norm I got 3 Featherlite chairs. A Liberate high back for myself and couple of Amaze mid back for wife and daughter (Wife doesn't prefer HB). I wish I had gone for Helix though.

Featherlite also sent me a mask. We've got your back.

Name:  mask.jpg
Views: 1103
Size:  109.8 KB

While the chairs are super comfortable, there is inconsistency in fitting. The Liberate chair which was ordered first came as a DIY assembly but I had to go buy a special larger sized Allen key to put it together. It should either have been provided with the chair or it should have used standard screws which one could tighten with a regular Phillips screwdriver.

The two Amaze chairs were purchased some months apart and they have different seat depths. And it's not like you can adjust the seat depths either by some in built mechanism or by attaching the back to another set of holes. They have just moved the holes close to bring the back in.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks