Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2021, 19:18   #271
BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

There are some discounts running on Featherlite chairs on Amazon and Flipkart and am tempted to get one for my WFH setup.

1) Top of the list is the Helix after reading all the reviews here but it is a bit expensive for me.

2) The next step down for me is the Opus at about 11K which does not seem to be a very popular model.

3) And then the Amaze at the low end which has awesome looks but lacks a headrest.

Heart says Helix but @23K am reluctant to get it since it will become redundant when we go back to our offices in a few months.

The Opus and Liberate seem to have almost all the features of the Helix, so is the Helix that great in terms of comfort? Also is the Optima a better choice than Helix as it has an adjustable headrest? A friend of mine has an Optima and he swears by it.

Or just save the money and get the Amaze as it will be used regularly only for a few months, after which it will be used only once a week or so?

A recline and lock feature is mandatory. Can't do without that, so Astro is out.

Please advise...

Last edited by dragonfire : 8th October 2021 at 19:24.
Old 8th October 2021, 23:29   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire View Post
There are some discounts running on Featherlite chairs on Amazon and Flipkart and am tempted to get one for my WFH setup.

1) Top of the list is the Helix after reading all the reviews here but it is a bit expensive for me.

2) The next step down for me is the Opus at about 11K which does not seem to be a very popular model.

3) And then the Amaze at the low end which has awesome looks but lacks a headrest.

Heart says Helix but @23K am reluctant to get it since it will become redundant when we go back to our offices in a few months.

The Opus and Liberate seem to have almost all the features of the Helix, so is the Helix that great in terms of comfort? Also is the Optima a better choice than Helix as it has an adjustable headrest? A friend of mine has an Optima and he swears by it.

Or just save the money and get the Amaze as it will be used regularly only for a few months, after which it will be used only once a week or so?

A recline and lock feature is mandatory. Can't do without that, so Astro is out.

Please advise...
I bought Amaze much early after the first wave and happy with it. Of course, I didnt expect the WFH to last this long but its doing the job. No issues with back pain and reasonably comfortable. Its really a value product.

If your office is paying for it, go for Helix. From your own pocket, Amaze is a decent offering.
m8002? is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 16:29   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I bought Amaze much early after the first wave and happy with it. Of course, I didnt expect the WFH to last this long but its doing the job. No issues with back pain and reasonably comfortable. Its really a value product.

If your office is paying for it, go for Helix. From your own pocket, Amaze is a decent offering.
Thank you for your kind advice. It will be from my own pocket, but as they say "buy nice or buy twice", hence the dilemma. I had bought a Nilkamal Thames last year after the first round of lockdown relaxation, and it turned out to be a horrendous office chair. No lower back support, horrible seat cushioning and started creaking in no time. Then I shifted to a Nilkamal plastic chair that is eons better than the Thames in back support and comfort. This time I don't want to make a similar choice as the Thames that will leave me wanting.

While we are on the Amaze, how is the lumbar support? I really need some good support in the lower back. Regular lumbar adjustments are provided higher than my vulnerable position. Even in cars I end up stuffing a small cushion behind the lower back as the lumbar adjustments happen higher up.

The optima seems to have the most lumbar adjustments, btw.
Old 9th October 2021, 18:56   #274
BHPian

Quote:

While we are on the Amaze, how is the lumbar support? I really need some good support in the lower back. Regular lumbar adjustments are provided higher than my vulnerable position. Even in cars I end up stuffing a small cushion behind the lower back as the lumbar adjustments happen higher up.

The optima seems to have the most lumbar adjustments, btw.
My experience with lumbar support is that it depends on the model and your physique. What suits for me might not suit you. You need to try it out at the showroom.
Regarding Amaze, it fit me fine for my body and sitting position.

But on the quality, it is holding up well. The seating area is still good , no creaks etc.

Last edited by m8002? : 9th October 2021 at 18:56. Reason: Typo
m8002? is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:30   #275
Senior - BHPian

Had to purchase another Chair , this time got a generic chair form Amazon for 6k (Price 6.8k, 900 discount due to ongoing offers) . Good back support and build quality.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-innowin_chair.png

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08FXLKX5J/
Old 11th October 2021, 10:19   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
My experience with lumbar support is that it depends on the model and your physique. What suits for me might not suit you. You need to try it out at the showroom.
Regarding Amaze, it fit me fine for my body and sitting position.

But on the quality, it is holding up well. The seating area is still good , no creaks etc.
Couldn't make up my mind even until the last last day of the sales. So went with the safest option - Helix.

Among all the post purchase regrets I have had in the past the one that has troubled me most is making a compromise. I mean, I may regret it every time I use it. Money, I'll forget in a week.

Anyway, I have another 12 hours to cancel.
dragonfire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 10:31   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Couldn't make up my mind even until the last last day of the sales. So went with the safest option - Helix.

Among all the post purchase regrets I have had in the past the one that has troubled me most is making a compromise. I mean, I may regret it every time I use it. Money, I'll forget in a week.

I have been using Helix high back for last few months and have been very satisfied. Once you have made peace with the price, I'm sure you won't regret the chair..
Old 11th October 2021, 11:37   #278
Distinguished - BHPian

Leaving aside all this proper posture stuff, can you slouch comfortably in the helix? Put your feet on the table and watch a couple of movies?
Old 11th October 2021, 12:46   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
can you slouch comfortably in the helix? Put your feet on the table and watch a couple of movies?
Works pretty well for that. Instead of a table, use something lower like a stool.

1. Lock backrest as a higher angle (say 100 degree or so). Rest of the chair balances itself.
2. Move the seat forward

Something like this :
Old 11th October 2021, 15:03   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NetfreakBombay View Post
Works pretty well for that. Instead of a table, use something lower like a stool. ... ... ...
Actually, I have a reason, apart from being a lazy slob, for keeping my feet up.

I used to have quite good desk posture. When I came here, I found that this facilitated mosquito attack on my ankles and legs, so I started keeping my feet up and it became a (bad) habit.

Despite all our defences, there are more mosquitoes than ever now
Old 11th October 2021, 17:30   #281
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
Gents: if anybody decides to purchase from MOGLIX, keep us informed about shopping experience and quality/comfort of the chair.
I have experience shopping from them. One was an industrial size ladder so was a bit skeptical. It was a good experience and the product was delivered in a week.

Their customer support is also good. In case they find you are serious and bother with too many questions, they will call you up. Moreover, they give discounts as well.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 19:17   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
mosquito attack on my ankles and legs, so I started keeping my feet up
Tried this after bringing up the chair to max height, does not seem comfortable.

I think you should test this out on showroom given the cost of chair.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 12:45   #283
BHPian

Guys need your feedback on on this Transteel basic chair. Anyone using this chair, please provide your valuable feedback. The generic chairs available in market are also retailing at similar prices to this one. I use a generic chair and happy with the back support it provides. Not so happy with the seat base, as it is not breathable fabric and causes sweating on very hot days.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th October 2021 at 17:45. Reason: Typo
Old 18th October 2021, 13:46   #284
BHPian

Quote:

The chair arrived and I assembled it - was quite easy - and am typing this sitting in it.

Quick review

First the good bits:

It is comfortable, especially the seat and the backrest. Although I don't like the looks of a mesh back, now I know why it is the preferred option these days.

The chair looks good, especially the color. It's a welcome change from the usual black color. When I did the eyebrow test* with my wife, I was surprised to see that she actually liked it, the reason which I later found out that the looks of the chair cancelled the high price. One of the reasons the Helix found favour with me over the Optima is the color. There is a grey version of the Amaze in flipkart now, and it looks majestic. If it was there when I was buying, then the scales would have tipped the Amaze's way.

Now the bad parts:

It is designed for people bigger than me. I am 5'9", and this one looks like it requires somebody at least 6'. Even at the lowest setting, the height is just OK for me. At the highest setting, it is as tall as a bar stool. The lowest position of the lumbar support is still a bit high for me, but then I have this issue with car seats as well.

Fixed headrest is certainly not OK at this price point. The headrest touches the top of my head while I like the nape of my neck to be supported. I wish I had ordered the Optima which has a long range of headrest adjustment. Same with the lumbar adjustment. It can be moved up or don by an inch or two and that's it. Speaking of adjustments, the handrests can be adjusted 4 ways which is good.

Other things:

The thing is damn heavy and that is not necessarily a bad thing. The bulk of the weight is in the seat base. I was panting after I carried it up the stairs to my office room. But yes, it is built well.

The thing is made in China, not at a local Featherlite factory. So I wonder if it is just a Chinese rebrand. When I look at their lineup I see very less similarity between the different models. The design language - headrest designs, the back designs, seat design, the size, shape etc and even the levers and knobs are different across the range.

Flipkart delivered faster than promised but the box appeared opened and resealed. I was half expecting a used piece when I saw that, but on opening I see that it is unused. One washer was missing though.

* eyebrow test is what I do when I feel that I may be spending way too much on something. I put the item in cart, take it to my wife and watch her eyebrow.
dragonfire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 14:20   #285
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshay6988 View Post
Guys need your feedback on on this Transteel basic chair.
A friend purchased one recently, and is happy with it. Others have given good feedback for Transteel.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks