Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th July 2023, 18:40   #316
Senior - BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artyom View Post
Guys I am looking for a chair for my WFH setup and priorities are hand-rest adjustment and height of the cjair should be good. My doctor advised me to use a chair which has a hand-rest which is at the same level as the table so that my shoulder can take some rest. Budget is around 20k . Kindly suggest something for me . The height of the table is 83 cm by the way.
You can look at Featherlite Amaze chair. It is very comfy, ergonomic and has adjustable arm rest to suit your needs. There are some other expensive Featherlite chairs available and the Helix in particular can also be considered if it fits your budget.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 16th July 2023 at 18:43.
Aviator_guy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 21:23   #317
Distinguished - BHPian

I was browsing Steelcase chairs only today, and I noticed that the arm slides forwards and backwards. This would facilitate keeping it at desk height, perhaps. Otherwise the arm must be low enough to fit under the desk.

The only problem is the budget. It is way over your budget. And mine!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 17th July 2023 at 00:09. Reason: A word.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2023, 22:10   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
You can look at Featherlite Amaze chair. It is very comfy, ergonomic and has adjustable arm rest to suit your needs. There are some other expensive Featherlite chairs available and the Helix in particular can also be considered if it fits your budget.
Yes, I purchased Featherlite Amaze Highback Grey color last month. Seat base thickness couls have been a bit more, but otherwise very good chair.
F150 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 09:27   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
Yes, I purchased Featherlite Amaze Highback Grey color last month. Seat base thickness couls have been a bit more, but otherwise very good chair.
Do you think we can add additional cushion and fix that issue or would that be a useless attempt?
Old 17th July 2023, 09:46   #320
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you think we can add additional cushion and fix that issue or would that be a useless attempt?
It's not a deal breaker for sure. If you like, you can use additional cushion.
I see you are based out of Bangalore. There is a featherlite showroom in Marathahalli which has one entire floor dedicated to their office chair collection. If you can, do check out in person.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 17th July 2023 at 09:48.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 11:16   #321
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
I am using it like this right now. Pretty comfortable for long duration.
Attached Thumbnails
Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20230717_111352.jpg  

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20230717_111345.jpg  

F150 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 15:52   #322
Distinguished - BHPian

I don't care for mesh backs, as they give unlimited access to mosquitoes!

Don't know if this true for the fancier brands, but my budget chair also imprints its mesh pattern on my back. I get over this by draping a towel, but it would be nice not to have to.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 18:30   #323
BHPian

Finally bought Featherlight Amaze Gray color from Marathalli showroom today. Paid 10251 for the chair and they assembled it then and there. Carried it along inbthe car. Thanks all for the suggestions.
Artyom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th July 2023, 20:09   #324
BHPian

Guys,
I'm wondering if any of you have information about office chairs that come with electrical seats for height adjustment, calf support, ottoman, and backrest angle recline, similar to features found in cars. Are there any office chairs on the market that offer these advanced adjustments? I'd love to hear about any models or brands that you know of. Thanks!
Old 31st July 2023, 22:19   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys I am looking for a chair for my WFH setup and priorities are hand-rest adjustment and height of the chair should be good. My doctor advised me to use a chair which has a hand-rest which is at the same level as the table so that my shoulder can take some rest. Budget is around 20k . Kindly suggest something for me. The height of the table is 83 cm by the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't care for mesh backs, as they give unlimited access to mosquitoes!

Don't know if this true for the fancier brands, but my budget chair also imprints its mesh pattern on my back. I get over this by draping a towel, but it would be nice not to have to.
Check out the Sleep Company's chairs. They are quite comfortable and have adjustable armrests as well as a padded fabric back which are options that both of you are looking for. There are mesh back models also but one has a padded back with lumbar support.

I also replaced my almost 20 year old home desk chair earlier this year and padded fabric backed chairs are extremely rare nowadays, especially high backed ones. The options are usually mesh or leatherette. I absolutely detest the mesh backed chairs and leatherette is not suitable for our climate unless its for a chair thats used for messy work or multiple butts.
I ended up with a Durian Oxford chair but I would not recommend the company at all. The first chair I got was defective and it took 2 months of continuous calls to get it replaced. The chair itself is just ok. Not as comfortable as the one it replaced but not uncomfortable either.
Paid 10k for it.
Then I wandered into a Sleep Company store one day and saw the chairs and since my headache with Durian was ongoing I tried them out. They were pretty comfortable and the range started from 12-13k so I was kicking myself for not doing my research properly. They should have a gallery in most Metro cities. I also bought a couple of pillows from them and am very happy with them. Again after a lot of looking and purchases I finally found a replacement for my decades old original Contour pillow. That too was another problem. Cant get regular sponge contour pillows anymore. They are all memory foam which I dislike because they heat up too much and other options are way too stiff.
Mortis is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st August 2023, 02:49   #326
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
Check out the Sleep Company's chairs...
Thanks a lot for that. I've seen their ads a lot on Adstagram, and wondered if it was all hot air or if they are actually good.

Looks like they have a store nearby too
Thad E Ginathom is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 20:14   #327

Folks,

I am looking to buy a couple of chairs for home-office use. Unlike the various options discussed on this thread, my budget is very low (typically around 6-8K). But I do not want a sub-standard product. My existing chairs have lasted just over an year or slightly longer before they konk-off.

Based on my quick search on Amazon, I found some options slightly above my budget, but wanted to check if anyone had any experience with this brand? The reviews are good (I typically avoid sponsored products on Amazon, and keep an eye for 1 star ratings, since there is a major fake review scam on Amazon). The product comes with a 3 year warranty (something that is a must have for me).

https://www.amazon.in/Vergo-Transfor...dp/B0C3Z81571/

Any thoughts/inputs? Any alternative ones that I need to consider?
Old 21st March 2024, 20:24   #328
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by NammaTBHP View Post
Any alternative ones that I need to consider?
Featherlite Astro is a good option in the ~8k INR range. Have one in the family, primary user is very satisfied with it.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2024, 23:15   #329
Team-BHP Support

Gents, is there a scientific reason behind the flood of mesh back chairs in the market? It looks cool sure but doesn't 'look' comfortable.

If the logic behind mesh seats is somethng like better airfllow/cooling to reduce sweating, the obvious question would be - why don't cars have mesh front seats?
SmartCat is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2024, 07:00   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
If the logic behind mesh seats is somethng like better airfllow/cooling to reduce sweating, the obvious question would be - why don't cars have mesh front seats?
Certainly, mesh back chairs are more breathable. I use them at home and office and they are certainly more comfortable in summers. Probably in cars, given they are in a moving environment, they may not be adequately firm to stay in place and cushion the impact i of the rear passenger n case of an accident? Safety reasons, perhaps?
sachinayak is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks