Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2021, 18:06   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Have a look at this one. Had bookmarked this earlier but ended up getting a featherlite one. This wooden chair has an an ergonomic back angle to provide support.

https://www.backgood.com/collections...17748754137159
Thanks, but I already got the pepperfry one delivered yesterday https://www.pepperfry.com/stigen-arm...h-1605330.html
Old 20th March 2021, 11:25   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
Thanks, but I already got the pepperfry one delivered yesterday https://www.pepperfry.com/stigen-arm...h-1605330.html
Jaguar, any quick feedback on comfort during long term usage, feel and sturdiness, etc?

Regards
Rex
Old 20th March 2021, 11:31   #213
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by whencut86 View Post
Have a look at this one. Had bookmarked this earlier but ended up getting a featherlite one. This wooden chair has an an ergonomic back angle to provide support.

https://www.backgood.com/collections...17748754137159
whencut86, this looks very interesting. Any first hand review/feedback on this one? Could not find much on the net.

Regards
Rex
Old 20th March 2021, 12:03   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
These rigid dining table chairs will destroy your back long term. The chair needs to be able to flex with your back and adjust to the contours of the back which has a very unique shape. If that doesn't happen, you are straining some of your muscles to adjust your posture which over long term can cause injury.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 15:38   #215
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex_varghese View Post
whencut86, this looks very interesting. Any first hand review/feedback on this one? Could not find much on the net.

Regards
Rex
I have a set of dining table chairs with an inclined back but a gap at the lumbar support section. I was comfortable sitting for long hours at the start of the lockdown in those. This one has a proper incline with complete back support. I couldnt find reviews for this as well. But some people prefer a similar solid wooden chair and find that it is more comfortable than the office chairs. I couldn't find one such chair in any shops to get a look and feel. I could try only Featherlite models in their showroom and so ended up ordering a Featherlite one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
These rigid dining table chairs will destroy your back long term. The chair needs to be able to flex with your back and adjust to the contours of the back which has a very unique shape. If that doesn't happen, you are straining some of your muscles to adjust your posture which over long term can cause injury.
Traditional orthopedics prefer a simple wooden chair with full back and I read many blogs on this as well. Some say a wooden chair forces one to get up every hour or so and that is much better than sitting for hours. An erect posture on a wooden chair can work well instead of a crouched posture in an office chair. So it all boils down to one's preference.
whencut86 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2021, 14:22   #216
AZT
BHPian

Does anybody have a review of the Ikea Renberget Chair. I'm thinking of going for it.

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/renberg...lack-60339418/
Old 5th April 2021, 15:14   #217
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Does anybody have a review of the Ikea Renberget Chair. I'm thinking of going for it.

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/renberg...lack-60339418/
Doesnt have adjustable arms. In that price range you will get something with adjustable arms.
Old 5th April 2021, 15:34   #218
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by danlalan View Post
Doesnt have adjustable arms. In that price range you will get something with adjustable arms.
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions.
Old 5th April 2021, 15:46   #219
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZT View Post
Thanks. Do you have any suggestions.
If your looking for a 1 time invesment then i would suggest going in for a Herman miller, Steelcase, Haworth.

Heena, steelcase :- 9833313453
Swapnil, Haworth :- 9867552602
Umesh, Herman miller :- 9833366570

If its just for the lockdown and around the 5k mark. (chinese mostly)

Sandeep, Divine :- 9870049002
Atm :-9987932981
Rustom, Godrej :- 9821204561
danlalan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 14:59   #220
GTO
Team-BHP Support

My daily chair is Herman Miller's iconic Aeron and I am extremely particular about back support. Got to tell you, this Cello Jordan chair (just 4k for a set of 4 chairs) offers excellent all-day long support. There is some work going on at my place, so I have spent hours working on this chair in another room. It's one of the best plastic chairs I have ever used!

Sharing, in case a BHPian was looking at a cheap primary / secondary chair .

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20210505-14.50.40.jpg
GTO is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 16:25   #221
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

Sharing, in case a BHPian was looking at a cheap primary / secondary chair ....
+1 for affordable molded furniture.

I have a couple of these Nilkamal Sunday chairs for the balcony. Very comfy, and the arched rear supports lower back well.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20210505_161624.jpg

Combined with a cheap cushioned laptop support (like the IKEA Byllan), I find myself working quite a bit on these instead of my desk these days.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-screenshot_20210505161327.jpg
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2021, 19:11   #222
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I have a couple of these Nilkamal Sunday chairs for the balcony. Very comfy, and the arched rear supports lower back well.
Material is stated as "plastic." Is it a plastic that resists deterioration by sunlight?

On another topic... What do those who are short on built-in bum padding do for comfort? I've been using one of these pads from Amazon. It is ok for comfort, but it would be nice if it was more durable: I'm on my second one
Old 5th May 2021, 19:42   #223
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Material is stated as "plastic." Is it a plastic that resists deterioration by sunlight?...
Have no experience with fancy outdoor furniture that do claim UV protective coatings and materials, and I've never seen cheaper stuff advertised with 'protection'.

Real-world experience, it depends on the level and duration of exposure.

Molded plastic chairs at my parents' home on the open terrace, subject to 40+ deg C dry summers start visibly fading in a couple years, and get brittle probably around the 3-4 year mark.

My balcony ones in Bangalore probably see sunlight between 10-3 everyday, summers aren't as harsh and these look good as new after nearly a year of use.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th May 2021 at 19:55.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 00:19   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartCat View Post
How good are these full leather chairs that many billionaires and politicians use?
I know I am late to the party by over 4 years may be but none the less, let me share my experience with such chairs. These are good to look at, give support to your shoulders and neck when you rest to relax and will also give good thigh support due to their size. But these have two major issues:

1) Back support is poor. It is rather bad. The back gets into a curved position and gets little support due to soft cushion.

2) In India, these are sweat magnets. Any chair that will fully cover your back and give no ventilation will lead to a sweaty back. Hence forcing you to switch on the AC all the time.

These are not just limited to Billionaires btw. See any govt office in India and every Babu/Sir will have such a chair. But due to above mentioned two issues, the chair will have an additional cushion for back support and will also have a secondary towel based cover.

Good work chairs from major brands have a net/mesh type of back for this reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Nope. Have you guys noticed I have a L shaped table? My arms are always resting on the table. I never use the arm of the chair. I switched to L shaped table about 18 years ago when I suffered from RSI.
My table is not L-Shaped but I always rest my arms on the table only. I do this by going a bit deeper into the table

For that I always take a chair with either no arm rest or get the arm rest removed as otherwise those get damaged due to constant in-out.

When I am typing, my arms are resting on the table and when I am using the mouse, my right arm rests on an extension pad (Wood Ply) that comes out of the table. That extension also serves as my laptop pad when I sit on a couch. The table was custom made for my studies and so were the chairs.

I have been using this table and chair since my college days (20+ years now) and simply can't get away with it.

I do keep switching my chairs 1-2 times in a year just to try out keep rotating my seating position and avoid developing a comfort position. However, after trying every other chair, I end up coming back to this.

My companion for over 20 years now
Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-20210506_000326.jpg

Last edited by sunilch : 6th May 2021 at 00:32.
sunilch is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 02:13   #225
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Yeah, please read as Mira 2, you have got yourself the latest one
Fan of Herman Millers too. Have got a Mirra 2 myself. Cross posting here (Working from home? Show us your home office):

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks