Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 10:57   #106
Team-BHP Support

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDragon3 View Post
Aeron C final price after negotiation was 106K and Miraa 2 was 47k.
I'm very out of touch, as I bought my Aeron (B) ~9 years ago.... but are you sure 106K is a good price?

I apologize for bringing this up after you've already made the purchase, but I almost fell off my chair reading that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
So it appears from the views in this thread that it is better to buy chairs with mesh seats as compared to fabric ones.
When you say "fabric ones" you mean a full solid foam seat covered in fabric (vs a suspended mesh - like the Aeron)?

I have a painful lower back, and quite frankly it was the mesh seat of the Aeron (and feeble lumbar support) that actually made it uncomfortable for me to use in the long run. I'll also say that despite the chart saying size "B" was right for me, I feel like size "A" would have been better.

So to conclude, the mesh does have some advantages (like cooling, and free-flow flatulence ), but in terms of support, I think a firm foam seat is a lot better.
Rehaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 11:58   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
but are you sure 106K is a good price?
The price is just ok for Aeron but for Miraa 2 the deal is excellent. The problem is with the size, If I had gone for B size then would have saved a lot but would have been uncomfortable later. The high price is also because of made is USA, also in US store as well the price is no less even after you convert to INR. Just that quality of parts is better. It was a sticker shock for me as well when i first saw their website but I consider it as investment than as expenses to make for spinal issues during my aged time. Having used it for a week able to to work comfortably for ten hours without any pain!
vDragon3 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 14:58   #108
Team-BHP Support

Wow. It looks like you can virtually find any information on Team BHP. After working off my sofa and suffering back aches for 2 months, I finally went to my office a few weeks ago when they opened for some deep cleaning, picked up one of the office chairs from my cabin and brought it home. And what a relief it is to sit on a proper office chair again, even if its at the dining table.

I liked a few chair models on urban ladder and all the models I liked were already sold out. I guess people have been ordering chairs in particular during lockdown. Will check out the options here but honestly didn't imagine spending more than 15-20k INR on a chair. Some of the prices here are astronomical.

On a slightly unrelated note, also picked up this rather comfy ottoman from Urban Ladder. Bit expensive but I've sat on it in my friend's house and its super comfy to watch TV from.

https://www.urbanladder.com/products...ttoman-replica

Last edited by Axe77 : 11th June 2020 at 15:17. Reason: Making link clickable. Not sure why it was enclosed in < >
Axe77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 13th June 2020, 20:00   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Which model is this? They have a great variety, not able to choose.
I have no clue . I picked it up from their store.
Old 14th June 2020, 13:28   #110
Oxy
BHPian

Browsed through chairwale.com. Chairs there seem very reasonably priced. Even saw a knock-off version of the Featherlite Optima for 16k, though not sure if it's worth taking that risk instead of buying the original Optima, which is dearer by 11k.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th June 2020, 10:51   #111
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Which model is this? They have a great variety, not able to choose.
I think it is this one (am ordering one for myself, seems very good for the price).

https://chairwale.com/conference-chair/A1062
Old 16th June 2020, 09:11   #112
BHPian

The office chairs are aeron c, till now never really thought about it.
https://store.hermanmiller.com/offic...=en_US&start=1

There is a back support which can slide up and down based on your height, an ergo guy told me that chairs have small dot like indentations under the area in the chair frame behind the neck, 1 dot means small 3 dot is biggest size, mostly I have seen 2.
Old 16th June 2020, 09:47   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think it is this one (am ordering one for myself, seems very good for the price).

https://chairwale.com/conference-chair/A1062
Thanks Yes. Looks like the same one. Are the prices on the net excl GST? In this case, the final cost will be in the region of Rs.6500.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:33   #114
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Yes. Looks like the same one. Are the prices on the net excl GST? In this case, the final cost will be in the region of Rs.6500.
I WhatsApped on the Bangalore number given on their website yesterday. I was told it will be Rs.6490 including GST.

But he also said GST is optional, as in you can pay it if you have a business and can get a refund. Else you can choose not to and you still get the warranty.

Not sure how that would work really.

Last edited by Oxy : 16th June 2020 at 10:35.
Old 16th June 2020, 10:58   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I WhatsApped on the Bangalore number given on their website yesterday. I was told it will be Rs.6490 including GST.

But he also said GST is optional, as in you can pay it if you have a business and can get a refund. Else you can choose not to and you still get the warranty.

Not sure how that would work really.
The ' choose not to and you still get the warranty' basically means no GST bill. Only handwritten invoice will be provided.
Old 16th June 2020, 11:36   #116
BHPian

Quote:
Browsed through chairwale.com. Chairs there seem very reasonably priced. Even saw a knock-off version of the Featherlite Optima for 16k, though not sure if it's worth taking that risk instead of buying the original Optima, which is dearer by 11k.
Just sharing my experience with chairwale.com.
I purchased one office desk (Rs5500) and one chair (Rs3200) couple of weeks back. All my interactions happened through whatsapp and i never had to call and talk to them over phone. They delivered the items one day before their promised date. They do have COD option and i paid the amount through google pay, after the items are delivered. But, there were some scratches on the chair arms, which they simply brushed off saying that it happens during transportation. Even i saw some 10-12 chair stacked in the mini van that they brought these items.

When it comes to quality of the products, i would say, it is just okay. But at the same time, the prices are also low compared to branded ones. So, just wanted to given an headsup on this.
I also brought one chair from Amazon (Rs3800) and found the Amazon chair to be of superior quality (though it did not have arm aupport) compared to chairwale chair.
kavensri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 11:43   #117
BHPian

Anyone here using Hermanmiller Sayl?
Is it worth spending extra on the entry level Hermanmiller or should I go with a decent enough Featherlite.
I am getting a pretty good corporate discount on Herman.
Old 16th June 2020, 13:03   #118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Anyone here using Hermanmiller Sayl?
Is it worth spending extra on the entry level Hermanmiller or should I go with a decent enough Featherlite.
I am getting a pretty good corporate discount on Herman.
Spend on the Herman Miller. I have 2 chairs from them now, the Aeron at home, and the Embody in office.

You're gonna be spending upwards of 6 hours sitting in an office chair for work, the extra money you spend towards a proper ergonomic chair will pay dividends in health.
kapi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 13:26   #119
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
Here's my review after around 40 hours of use:

Cheers!
Thanks for the review. Ended up ordering a couple of Astros just now.

I was particularly looking for something with a decent lumbar support and that is light on the wallet (as I can be asked to report to office anytime now). This seemed an ideal fit to my requirements.
Old 16th June 2020, 13:56   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapi View Post
Spend on the Herman Miller. I have 2 chairs from them now, the Aeron at home, and the Embody in office.

You're gonna be spending upwards of 6 hours sitting in an office chair for work, the extra money you spend towards a proper ergonomic chair will pay dividends in health.
Absolutely true. Since the time working from home started, I am sitting over 12 hours on my old Godrej chair. It has all kind of tweaks and adjustments, but still has noticeable difference in comfort between the Steelcase I had at office.

I have to decide between Sayl, Celle and Mirra 2. Aeron with full customization goes over 1 lakh. Not planning to stretch beyond 60k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks