Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2020, 23:26   #91
BHPian

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaWhat View Post
Same situation. My home was suited for one person WFH, but with both of us WFH it means one of us has been forced to break our backs.
-----------
---‐-------
Especially important if you're going to spend 8 hours minimum in it.

Cheers!
How long have you used the chair and what has been your experience. Also where did you buy it in Pune, I dont think many shops have still opened. And did you consider any other brands/chairs from Featherlite.
Old 2nd June 2020, 02:11   #92
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhileshmdp View Post
How long have you used the chair and what has been your experience.
I haven't used the chair even for a full hour! They'll be delivering and assembling it tomorrow. I'll keep you posted once I start using it full time.

It comes quite close to the chair that I have at work and that is extremely comfortable. Unfortunately, that one is a Chinese import and the local supplier was out of stock. The colleague who had finalised that chair at work recommended featherlite to me.

The one I ordered has good lumbar support and fairly good support even for the upper back. I could recline fully and still have the chair supporting my lower back. Most other chairs just slip off off my lower back when I recline. Arm-rest height was adjustable as well. The quality is quite good for the price except for the arm-rests. That seems to be the part that might give up first. But overall I think the chair will last me 5 years minimum if not more. Featherlite is giving a 3 year warranty on it as well. It's not the most comfortable, but for the price, it's a good offering. I'd recommend going to the shop and trying it out. A different one might suit your build better.

Quote:
Also where did you buy it in Pune, I dont think many shops have still opened. And did you consider any other brands/chairs from Featherlite.
I got it from the featherlite showroom at Aundh. It's on Nagras road, near Westend mall. Most shops in Aundh are open. The place is rather crowded already, so do take precautions. I had decided to shop only there so I didn't spend time exploring multiple shops. I tried 5 different chairs within that showroom. Hope it works out for you as well!
MegaWhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 21:36   #93
BHPian

After 2 months of work from home realized the more fatigue caused by lack of good chairs reduced productivity to a great extent. Searched google for the top 10 office chair manufacturers but was not satisfied with any because previously I had used Featherlite and Steelcase in office. Both of them are just ok.

As I search team bhp before any purchase (like I got Sunday matress by going through the reviews in this forum) I happen to read about Herman Miller in this thread and also great reviews about it. Sure it did sound crazy paying so much for a chair but as GTO mentioned, considered it as a investment than as expense towards spinal issues in late 40s or so. Post which I visited the showroom in Chennai and tried out all models along with family.

As am 6.1 Aeron C size seemed much comfortable for me. Dealer informed that there is some clearence sale for Miraa 2 model, mostly due to lockdown. As we were looking to buy 2 chairs we finalized on the Aeron C and Miraa 2(Because deal was too good). Aeron C final price after negotiation was 106K and Miraa 2 was 47k. Dealer additionally agreed to give lapjack as complimentary.

For people who are comfortable with Aeron B size the price is lesser by 25k which is because B size is made in India. But C size is imported from USA and hence the custom duties. Comparitively I found Made in US had supreme built with made to last materials. Miraa 2 is equally in par with Aeron on comfort levels and hope that it lasts long enough.

Finally some pics.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_2781.jpg

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_2778.jpeg

Last edited by khan_sultan : 14th July 2020 at 10:26. Reason: edited for better formatting
vDragon3 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2020, 06:59   #94
Oxy
BHPian

So it appears from the views in this thread that it is better to buy chairs with mesh seats as compared to fabric ones. Accordingly I shortlisted a couple. Any short review or opinions would really help.

1. https://www.pepperfry.com/kriss-kros...a-1664203.html - Rs.16,000

2. https://greensoul.online/products/gr...h-office-chair - Rs.20,000
Old 7th June 2020, 06:42   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
Any short review or opinions would really help.
Recently I checked with Misuraa too. Some of the good models are currently out of stock and may take upto 20 days for refill. In case you want lumbar support then you can wait. Criss cross doesn’t have it.
Old 7th June 2020, 16:14   #96
BHPian

I bought this chair right before lockdown and really happy with it. Without this, it would have been impossible to work from home.

I got it for 5k from chairwale.com and comes with 2 years warranty (covers everything except for fabric damage).

It has
  • Adjustable lumbar support
  • Adjustable arm rest height
  • Lock backrest at any angle
  • Adjustable backrest pushback strength.
Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20200607_160603.jpg

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20200607_160556.jpg

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img_20200607_160957.jpg
suku_patel_22 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 16:17   #97
BHPian

Quote:
How long have you used the chair and what has been your experience...
Here's my review after around 40 hours of use:

Pros:
1. Relatively affordable. I picked up two at ~INR 7800 each.
2. The cushion seems appropriately firm. Neither do I sink into the chair nor do I feel like I'm sitting on a wooden plank.
3. Quality is quite good for the price. The chair feels like it should last me 5 years minimum. There's a 3 year warranty to go with it.
4. Lumbar support is optimal for my back. There's a decent amount of adjustment options for the lumbar support as well.
5. Delivery & assembly was seamless.
6. The armrests of the delivered chair seem to be of better quality than the ones on the display chair in the store.

Cons:
1. The minimum height is still rather high. Folks who are 155-160 cm tall might not be able to rest their feet on the floor.
2. Castors are standard. I now think these could be the first components to fail.
3. Plastics of the base are definitely good quality, but look cheap. But I'm fine with that.

I might be called back to work in a month or two. In that case I did not want to break the bank while getting a chair for WFH. This one suited well for that purpose.

Cheers!
MegaWhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th June 2020, 17:06   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Here's my review after around 40 hours of use:

------------
I might be called back to work in a month or two. In that case I did not want to break the bank while getting a chair for WFH. This one suited well for that purpose.

Cheers!
Thanks MegaWhat, I just ordered a Ikea chair, link below

https://www.ikea.com/in/en/p/flintan...ack-s79208196/

Didn't want to wait further and also was a bit skeptical about visiting Aundh(I live in Hinjewadi), hence thought to order this model of Ikea, checked quite a few reviews(mostly from out of India) and found them on the positive side. So considering a global product from Ikea went for it, will post the feedback once I receive and use it for some time.
Old 8th June 2020, 00:30   #99
Senior - BHPian

Friends,

I am a bit lost - can someone share a consolidated checklist of things to look for?
  • Lumbar support?
  • Arm rest? Rounded like Akhilesh's or in a convex form to rest the arms? I would've thought of the latter.
  • Cervical support?
  • Under thigh support matters?
  • Material for the back? I prefer mesh given how much I sweat
I am not married to brands - I work on materials and specifications. This isn't a turbocharged engine where engineering truly is a secret art.

Can we develop our checklist and sizing guide?

Here's the source of my doubt. A dear friend and BHPian (spadix) has had the Featherlite optima for 12 years and still going strong. Yet for the life of me I cant understand why the same company sells a similarish chair at half the price:
https://featherlitestore.com/product...optima-oc1-hb/
I see three way arm adjustment and a different mesh but little else. Was hoping folks here can help develop a checklist.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th June 2020 at 04:28. Reason: Added details to post as requested.
Old 8th June 2020, 00:41   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Featherlite has announced a few discounts (at least in Pune) and there are at least 4 chairs in the 7k to 10k range.

Cheers!
Do you have any details about the discount?
Old 8th June 2020, 01:04   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
Do you have any details about the discount?
I'm not a 100% certain about the magnitude of discount. The sales guy said they're giving out chairs to individuals almost at the same rate as they give out in bulk to companies. For the one that I picked up, I think the listed price was around INR 9000 +/-500.
Old 8th June 2020, 10:05   #102
BHPian

Quote:
I got it from the featherlite showroom at Aundh. It's on Nagras road, near Westend mall. Most shops in Aundh are open. The place is rather crowded already, so do take precautions. I had decided to shop only there so I didn't spend time exploring multiple shops. I tried 5 different chairs within that showroom. Hope it works out for you as well!
Hey,

Did you got the chair delivered at your place? can you please share first hand reviews for it. I am looking something decent in budget appx. 7K.
efgritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 12:58   #103
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Same situation....... Astro MB:

https://www.featherlitefurniture.com...-office-chairs

It came to INR 7800.
Cheers!
Thanks to your post, I ended up picking the same from Featherlite. I got a 5% discount on online price. I found the Amaze model slightly more comfortable but they did not have it in ready stock. Do picked up the Astro-MB. So far so good.

Bought from Featherlite showroom at Bannerghatta road, Bangalore.
m8002? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 13:53   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't want to wait further and also was a bit skeptical about visiting Aundh(I live in Hinjewadi)
JFYI, I called them and he took order on phone. Looking at positive reviews I have decided to go ahead with it anyway. SA has agreed to get the delivery done by Wednesday in case you are getting second thoughts.
efgritesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2020, 09:22   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I bought this chair right before lockdown and really happy with it. Without this, it would have been impossible to work from home.

I got it for 5k from chairwale.com and comes with 2 years warranty (covers everything except for fabric damage).

]
Which model is this? They have a great variety, not able to choose.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks