Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2019, 22:59   #76
Team-BHP Support

Re: Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Chair received, assembly is pretty straightforward (no instructions in the box though).

Height adjustment range and ergonomics seem OK with a trial run.

Office / Desk Chair offering excellent support-img20190405wa0009.jpeg

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th April 2019 at 23:02.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th March 2020, 22:20   #77
BHPian

Hi Everyone, with the COVID-19 situation forcing most of us to work from home, just thought of re-igniting the thread. Some really good options mentioned here, just wanted to add, with Ikea available in India now, any pointers on the office chairs offered by them and comparison to other similarly priced brands viz. Amazon Basics, Featherlite etc.
Old 29th May 2020, 21:34   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhileshmdp View Post
Hi Everyone, with the COVID-19 situation forcing most of us to work from home, just thought of re-igniting the thread. Some really good options mentioned here, just wanted to add, with Ikea available in India now, any pointers on the office chairs offered by them and comparison to other similarly priced brands viz. Amazon Basics, Featherlite etc.
Same scenario in my case. Looking for good VFM chairs. Ikea may have good collections but its only in Hyderabad. Featherlite is on the pricier side. Am evaluating DAMRO as there's a showroom quite nearby and they have multiple options for my budget of 7-8k.
Old 30th May 2020, 20:16   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Same scenario in my case. Looking for good VFM chairs. Ikea may have good collections but its only in Hyderabad. Featherlite is on the pricier side. Am evaluating DAMRO as there's a showroom quite nearby and they have multiple options for my budget of 7-8k.
We can order IKEA products online so that should not be constraint, also Featherlite has products in sub 10k range so you could look into those. I did some research on IKEA and both Nominell and Markus seem to be good options but have been waiting to visit some other stores to test the chairs from other brands in person.
Akhileshmdp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 21:15   #80
BHPian

Thanks to the Covid situation WFH is typically translating into longer than usual work hours (12-14hrs easy).

Being in IT, I find myself most productive working on a proper table-chair setup only. The current chair (bit fancy & upholstered one) just did not cut it, started getting lower back pains due to the longer hours. Looked around on Amazon and ordered this:

https://www.amazon.in/dp/B085M78WXB?...861_E_304_dt_1

It got delivered earlier today (after about 2 weeks). While it's still early days for a feedback, I found it value for money vis-a-vis the likes of Featherlite. No doubt about the latter being proven products, we use them in our office too but the right ones just felt a tad too expensive for home use. Also, read some good reviews for this brand on Amazon, so decided to take the plunge.

Assembly was straightforward and hardly took 15 mins; the package comes with requisite allen keys and bolts neatly packaged. This particular model is good enough to even sit cross-legged (wifey likes it that way sometimes). May seem a bit large for a small table or space but feels comfortable so far.

A word of caution - it'd a good idea to measure the leg space area (below the desk), L X B X H, of the table before ordering any chair, so as to avoid any surprises. I'd missed out measuring the available width, where the chair can fit under the table when not being used, and narrowly escaped a goof up. Stowing it under the desk (when not in use) is important as these chairs (with rollers) can take up lot of space otherwise.

CHEERS!!
avinash_m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2020, 21:33   #81
Senior - BHPian

Got myself a Misuraa Xenon HB

https://www.amazon.in/Ergonomic-Chair-Xenon-High-Misuraa/dp/B07SY7F9SM/ref=pd_rhf_ee_p_img_9?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID= G9R9HJ55DFAPCP3GTVYY

WFH is here to stay and I am trying to have a decent setup. Was using my dining chair and the sholder pain became unbearable. Ergo chair became a priority and as soon as lockdown restrictions were lifted (for delivery to Bangalore) I placed an order. This chair seems very well built and is really very very comfortable. Mesh is the way to go I think, esp if you dont have air conditioning (as we Bangaloreans do not have at home) Would recommend this chair (as a more price effective option compared to the likes of Herman Miller)
joslicx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 11:47   #82
Oxy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
This doesn't seem to be having the armrests on the sides. Are those included in the package?
Old 31st May 2020, 12:11   #83
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
This doesn't seem to be having the armrests on the sides. Are those included in the package?
No, this model doesn't have armrests. I prefer it this way.
Old 31st May 2020, 12:11   #84
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxy View Post
No, this model doesn't have arm rests. Lucky for me, because I usually disconnect and throw them away since I have L shaped table.
Old 31st May 2020, 13:10   #85
BHPian

This is currently unavailable on Amazon. How much did it cost?
Old 31st May 2020, 13:46   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Thanks to the Covid situation WFH is typically translating into longer than usual work hours (12-14hrs easy).
=====
Stowing it under the desk (when not in use) is important as these chairs (with rollers) can take up lot of space otherwise.

CHEERS!!
Will look forward to your review after around a month of usage, looks a bit imposing but comfy, agree with your views on the size given the photographs.

Quote:
Got myself a Misuraa Xenon HB

https://www.amazon.in/Ergonomic-Chai...55DFAPCP3GTVYY

WFH is here to stay and I am trying to have a decent setup. Was using my dining chair and the shoulder pain became unbearable. Ergo chair became a priority and as soon as lockdown restrictions were lifted (for delivery to Bangalore) I placed an order. This chair seems very well built and is really very very comfortable. Mesh is the way to go I think, esp if you dont have air conditioning (as we Bangaloreans do not have at home) Would recommend this chair (as a more price effective option compared to the likes of Herman Miller)
Thanks joslics, 21K is not on the cheaper side, Ikea Markus retails around 13K and makes it to a lot of 'Best Office Chairs' ratings, will look forward to your review after prolonged usage.
I am looking to close this purchase as soon as the Covid-19 situation starts coming back to normal, hoping that to be around July/Aug-20. Lets hope for the best!!
Old 31st May 2020, 14:04   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalOne View Post
This is currently unavailable on Amazon. How much did it cost?
I paid Rs. 20990 for the chair. I checked out Featherlite and Royal Oak in the neighborhood before buying this chair. I think Misuraa is probably a few levels above Royal Oak in quality and about a level up compared to Featherlite (comparison for similar product).

Yes right now lot of WFH related stuff is simply unavailable or at least there are shortages and supply problems. If you are very interested then you can wait till it becomes available. Otherwise you can call them and inquire about it. You can Google for Misuraa for contact details. They are present on FB as well.
joslicx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2020, 20:30   #88
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thanks joslics, 21K is not on the cheaper side, Ikea Markus retails around 13K and makes it to a lot of 'Best Office Chairs' ratings, will look forward to your review after prolonged usage.
Well Its not apples to apples comparison. Misuraa Xenon is a mesh chair, the seat is also mesh. The Ikea Markus has a fabric seat. Fabric warms up on prolonged use and this is where mesh is wonderful (unless you have AC). Also mesh is easier to maintain (all it needs is a wipe with a damp cloth). Usually mesh seats are more expensive.

Anyway, its also about personal preference. I had visited featherlite showroom before my purchase. I really liked their Pinnacle Mesh chair. But it costs around 40k! Once you have sat on a mesh chair, you wont easily settle on the fabric ones!
Old 31st May 2020, 21:37   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Well Its not apples to apples comparison. Misuraa Xenon is a mesh chair, the seat is also mesh. The Ikea Markus has a fabric seat. Fabric warms up on prolonged use and this is where mesh is wonderful (unless you have AC). Also mesh is easier to maintain (all it needs is a wipe with a damp cloth). Usually mesh seats are more expensive.

Anyway, its also about personal preference. I had visited featherlite showroom before my purchase. I really liked their Pinnacle Mesh chair. But it costs around 40k! Once you have sat on a mesh chair, you wont easily settle on the fabric ones!
Thanks for that perspective Joslicx, didn't think of the mesh aspect on the seat. On an average how much time you are able to spend continuously on this without issues, also how has been the overall comfort level of the chair till now. One advantage of mesh that I see would also be that it wont get compressed over time like fabric over foam, is that understanding right.
Old 1st June 2020, 14:37   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Everyone, with the COVID-19 situation forcing most of us to work from home, just thought of re-igniting the thread..
Same situation. My home was suited for one person WFH, but with both of us WFH it means one of us has been forced to break our backs. I was looking for some good options for chairs online but could not find anything that was value for money. Besides, it would have been better if we could actually sit and test the chair before buying. Finally went to Featherlite showroom nearby and picked up the Astro MB:

https://www.featherlitefurniture.com...-office-chairs

It came to INR 7800. Featherlite has announced a few discounts (at least in Pune) and there are at least 4 chairs in the 7k to 10k range. It will help to check it out. And I'm glad I went there in person, a proper test drive is absolutely essential and can show up tiny differences between chairs. Especially important if you're going to spend 8 hours minimum in it.

Cheers!
MegaWhat is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks