Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2009, 02:09   #346
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman91 View Post
Met the GSracing distributor for India. saw the cars.
Good build quality. Need to see it perform now to confirm.
Seems to be good, read some good reviews. But they dont seem to have a Monster truck, most of them being truggies and buggies. They had a model called Storm which I guess has been stopped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharunjd View Post
I am interested in buying a petrol RC car as Nitro is difficult to source. Any places in chennai or banglore where i can get them. PLease help!
I think you can order a HPI Baja 5B or 5T in Bangalore. But be prepared to pay a tight sum. Or import a Duratrax Firehammer, cheapest petrol truck.

You can source premixed imported nitro fuel in Bangalore, so why not try a nitro truggy, stadium or monster truck?
Old 6th January 2009, 08:33   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsrace View Post
Hey, i bought a car from Modelart in bangalore.. n after using it for 30 min i was like .. man.. the cars they sell have no quality.. after i finished my run in, i took it out to see what it could do.. 2 pulls and i had the pull starter in my hand .. When i called those guys, they very happily put the blame on me saying that i did not know how to operate it.. i have a lot of RC cars with me.. Frankly, the guys in the store do not know anything about RC cars, and the sales guy admitted that he knows only about planes ..
Thank you for this valuable feedback, will be careful with Modeart.
Old 6th January 2009, 10:43   #348
BHPian

@Iceman: Are GS racing cars available in mumbai? any update on CEN, have the stocks come in yet? what is the pricing on the GST 7.7?
Old 6th January 2009, 11:04   #349
Senior - BHPian

yes they are in.
GS racing can be bought in india but as of now stocks in bangalore only.
7.7 is sold, 5.0 is available. more stocks coming in
will pm the prices to you (dont want nay infractions/bans etc. )
Old 6th January 2009, 13:52   #350

Quote:
Originally Posted by mail4ajo View Post
Seems to be good, read some good reviews. But they dont seem to have a Monster truck, most of them being truggies and buggies. They had a model called Storm which I guess has been stopped.

I think you can order a HPI Baja 5B or 5T in Bangalore. But be prepared to pay a tight sum. Or import a Duratrax Firehammer, cheapest petrol truck.

You can source premixed imported nitro fuel in Bangalore, so why not try a nitro truggy, stadium or monster truck?
From what i have heard they have not spotted the Storm series.

Were did you get the news from?

I spoke to the distributor they have confirmed that GS Racing has not stopped the Storm.

Really happy with the GS Racing XUT great speed and awesome power.
I would recommend it.
Old 6th January 2009, 13:56   #351

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.P.M View Post
@Iceman: Are GS racing cars available in mumbai? any update on CEN, have the stocks come in yet? what is the pricing on the GST 7.7?
You can check with rcdhamaka or iceman who has meet the distributor. Sure they are available as they send it out of Bangalore to all over india is what i know of after speaking to the GS racing distributor.
Old 6th January 2009, 17:59   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattyrc View Post
From what i have heard they have not spotted the Storm series.
Were did you get the news from?
I have not see a single current webpage on the Storm Monster truck. I am not keen on the buggies. I checked on GS Racing's US and Taiwan site. Its not on it. Let me know if you have a link. The latest link I have seen is from 2005.

Quote:
Sure they are available as they send it out of Bangalore to all over india is what i know of after speaking to the GS racing distributor.
I have spoken to Rcdhamaka, distributor of GS earlier, but didnt speak on the Storm as I was unaware of it at that time. In fact, I have spoken or emailed almost all people in the Hobby business in India.

I dont want to go wrong as this is an expensive decision. I have almost narrowed down my choices.

Last edited by mail4ajo : 6th January 2009 at 18:02.
Old 6th January 2009, 18:30   #353
Senior - BHPian

GS racing does not have monster trucks anymore and the distributor too does not have any monster trucks.
Old 8th January 2009, 00:51   #354
Senior - BHPian

Is it a must for every nitro car to have a slipper clutch? I see some dont, while most popular ones do. Is it something to do with the transmission gears being metal?

I understand that slipper clutch slips and helps to keep the transmission intact in case of sudden power jerks. Is it not required if the gear are metal? Are most popular RC gears made from nylon?
Old 8th January 2009, 10:42   #355
BHPian

Hi All,

I am looking to buy RC cars in bangalore. Could you please let me know where I can buy them??????
Old 8th January 2009, 12:29   #356
Senior - BHPian

wha type of rc car are you after? petrol/electric nitro..?
Old 9th January 2009, 11:14   #357
BHPian

Use of slipper clutches

The slipper clutch is rightfully used to bear the jerks the car gets. Some cars do not have it because of the low power of the engines or basic setup. Even metal geared trannys have slipper clutches. However, most cars using slipper clutches are actually offroad cars. You will very rarely find a slipper clutch in an onroad car. Its mainly because the transfer of torque from the engine must be delivered absolutely immediately in an onroad car and in the case of an offroader, it could use a little bit of slack to gain momentum and also offroaders bear a lot more jerks than onroaders. If you have an offroader that can do wheelies, it will do wheelies at a flip if you tighten the slipper clutch to more than the required setting.
Old 9th January 2009, 11:16   #358
BHPian

Hi Pradeep. I suggest you do a little survey because most of the top RC Brands are now available in India. And ironically, most of the offices are setup in Bangalore. If you know which brand you want, let us know. Will tell you who to contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pradeep2612 View Post
Hi All,

I am looking to buy RC cars in bangalore. Could you please let me know where I can buy them??????
Old 9th January 2009, 17:21   #359

Pradeep2612 whats your budget, type of R/C Car that you require whether off road, on road etc.,

Like kapiljolly said most of the distributors are in Bangalore.

you can pm me i will then send you the contacts details
Old 10th January 2009, 10:17   #360
BHPian

dude. Why pm? Why not just write the contact details and names for the respective brands here in the forum. It will help everyone who visits.

Quote:
Pradeep2612 whats your budget, type of R/C Car that you require whether off road, on road etc.,

Like kapiljolly said most of the distributors are in Bangalore.

you can pm me i will then send you the contacts details

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks