West Indies 17 6.49%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2019, 22:35   #151
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: ICC Cricket World Cup, 2019

With just 4 more overs left, looks like Bangladesh will lose by ~ 100 runs, now 264-8 chasing England's 386-6

Good century knock by Shakib but way too much required to win though.

Last edited by NPV : 8th June 2019 at 22:37.
Old 9th June 2019, 18:11   #152
Senior - BHPian

Yet another example of india unable to utilise wickets in hand? Seems we will get to 330 arounds. But i am afraid it could be a bit too less.

Edit: oops spoke too early. Pandya could get us close to 350!

Last edited by vibbs : 9th June 2019 at 18:13.
Old 9th June 2019, 21:24   #153
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Great batting by India got us to 352. It would be a shock if Australia win from here. It may still end close but I think India have about 20-30 runs too many, but then it's a game of glorious uncertainties

Last edited by SmartCat : 10th June 2019 at 16:21. Reason: as requested
Old 9th June 2019, 22:14   #154
Distinguished - BHPian

Maxwell is the crucial wicket here. 118 runs from 11 overs may seem difficult but Maxwell can do anything with this pyrotechnics.
Old 9th June 2019, 22:24   #155
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

2 wickets in the same over for Bhuvi - Smith & Stoinis gone!
Nothing can be said till the last ball is bowled or Australia are all out

Even with 352 on the board, the tension for Indian fans is no less when the game is against Australia!

Last edited by NPV : 9th June 2019 at 22:26.
Old 9th June 2019, 23:15   #156
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant all round performance. Dhawan and kohli scored. Hardik and MSD finishes. Bhuvi and bhumrah doesn't give an inch. Chahal stifles the middle overs. Great out fielding causing 2 run outs. Absolutely great performance.

Only concern left is Kuldeep with his lack of confidence in bowling.
Old 9th June 2019, 23:28   #157
Team-BHP Support

Chalo ji, SF spot is all but sealed now. I was scared that we would struggle reaching there.

Sanjay Manjrekar is the absolute worst when it comes to post match interviews. He is so unpopular, I wonder why he still gets the plum jobs. Mumbai lobby maybe !

Last edited by Eddy : 9th June 2019 at 23:34.
Old 10th June 2019, 06:58   #158
Team-BHP Support

When one sees things like Kohli asking the crowd to applaud and not boo, makes one think, the old flame of cricket still exists. Hope it stays that way.
Old 10th June 2019, 09:03   #159
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
When one sees things like Kohli asking the crowd to applaud and not boo, makes one think, the old flame of cricket still exists. Hope it stays that way.
Normally I would agree, but in this particular case, I don't see anything wrong with what the crowd is doing. Surprised that Kohli of all people discouraged the crowd, it makes for a tactical advantage to unsettle their best batsman; which is something the Aussie crowds and press do regularly to visiting teams.

Australian cricket (not talking about Australia or Australians, just their cricket culture) have made it a point to institutionalize sledging over decades. http://www.thecricketmonthly.com/sto...ricket-species. And in this particular case, Smith and Warner were deliberate cheats. (Warner, in particular is a really nasty piece, even by Aussie cricketing standards.) If it was the reverse, I'm pretty sure Smith would have said something like "That's the way we play the game, yeah it's tough, but we know the line, the crowd does get involved, blah, blah" We've heard these double standards so many times from every Aussie captain/coach - it's ok when an Aussie does it, not so good when they are on the receiving end.

Last edited by am1m : 10th June 2019 at 09:05.
Old 10th June 2019, 09:19   #160
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Match against Australia turned out to be an anti-climax of sorts, a rather clinical execution by India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Sanjay Manjrekar is the absolute worst when it comes to post match interviews. He is so unpopular, I wonder why he still gets the plum jobs. Mumbai lobby maybe !
Yesterday's post-match interview with Dhawan was horrible, silly questions asked and even sillier responses from Dhawan!

The other painful experience is listening to Ganguly's commentary about non-existent players like "Shekar Dhawan", "Kedar Yadav", mixing up Chahal and Kuldeep (!), list goes on, so when he's on air, I usually switch to Star Sports Select 1 that has The Dugout

Last edited by NPV : 10th June 2019 at 09:20.
Old 10th June 2019, 12:10   #161
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Kohli won a very important toss,thankfully! We should also perhaps thank the conservative approach of Warner at the top. When Maxwell was striking it, Ashton Turner's innings in India not too long ago kept playing in my mind. Kuldeep's lack of wickets is still a bit of a concern. All in all, I think we're on course for a Semi Final spot, just hope complacency doesn't creep it & we haven't peaked too early!

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Surprised that Kohli of all people discouraged the crowd, it makes for a tactical advantage to unsettle their best batsman; which is something the Aussie crowds and press do regularly to visiting teams.
Partly agree with you. It was needless on the part of the crowd to boo Smith & also needless on Kohli's part to get involved. I'm pretty sure he gets booed in Australia for no reason, but no member of the Australian team tells the crowd to behave, do they!
Old 10th June 2019, 12:24   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Match against Australia turned out to be an anti-climax of sorts, a rather clinical execution by India

Yesterday's post-match interview with Dhawan was horrible, silly questions asked and even sillier responses from Dhawan!

The other painful experience is listening to Ganguly's commentary about non-existent players like "Shekar Dhawan", "Kedar Yadav", mixing up Chahal and Kuldeep (!), list goes on, so when he's on air, I usually switch to Star Sports Select 1 that has The Dugout
I only watch Dugout commentary whenever its available. Scotty and the team are fun to listen to and their banter is always on the healthy side. Plus the analysis by the greats like Lara etc is a treat.
Manjrekar is the worst commentator along with Ramiz Raja. It's a miracle how they keep getting this job to torture the hell out of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Partly agree with you. It was needless on the part of the crowd to boo Smith & also needless on Kohli's part to get involved. I'm pretty sure he gets booed in Australia for no reason, but no member of the Australian team tells the crowd to behave, do they!
I think it was a great gesture on Kohli's part to get involved. As an international cricketer and Captain he will perfectly understand the humiliation Smith must have gone through in last 1 year. Crowd booing was really unwarranted. No one booed Smith while he played in the IPL. Guy has done his time for the offence. Let him be now.

Btw why didn't star sports gave a meme ad for Ind vs Nz. They have directly jumped to pakistan match. Is it cos NZ team is too nice to make fun of
Old 10th June 2019, 12:25   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by am1m View Post
Normally I would agree, but in this particular case, I don't see anything wrong with what the crowd is doing.
I think he's already been penalized for what he has done and also he really seems to have regretted that, so crowds should leave him alone. I believe teams should try to win games on cricketing skills alone, instead of following the opponents tactics....just my thought.
Old 10th June 2019, 13:35   #164
Oxy
BHPian

Though we are winning, there are a couple of things to be ironed out.

1. Kuldeep is low on confidence, maybe try Shami instead.
2. There is not point of Kedar Jadhav, might as well go with Vijay Shankar.
Old 10th June 2019, 17:35   #165
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

The way South Africa started (29/2 in 7 odd overs) off today against West Indies, looked like they were heading towards another disastrous loss, but rain has interrupted play. If this match gets washed out, it may help South Africa get a free point!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks