Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2021, 17:02   #5656
BHPian

Re: The Coronavirus Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I don't know, but if I were you I'd give it 24 hours. After that... I seem to remember there is an option on the cowin app to raise an issue, or complaint, or similar wording.
Hey! Thanks for the reply. I received it 5 hours after the jab
I was worried because all of the others got it instantly. Anyway! relaxed now when 'jab' we met 'certificate'.
RavSam is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 06:50   #5657
Distinguished - BHPian

It looks like India would get hit by 3rd wave for sure. We were following same trend as Europe, but with a lag of 2-3 months.

Have a look at cases spiking in UK

The Coronavirus Thread-screenshot_20210624064346__01.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

The vaccination drive in India has got a major boost since last few days. I hope more than 50 percentage of the population receive at least one dose by August end.
Dr.Naren is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 07:42   #5658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
On the topic of virus killing devices, Philips has come out with a convenient option.

They call it the Air Guard and comes with a UV light hidden behind a conventional light.

https://www.smartmedicalbuyer.com/pr...cool-day-light

Thinking it could be effective in lifts and other small places.
This also claims to disinfect in 30minutes and deodorize in 6o minutes but, unfortunately doesn't indicate the volume it is supposed to operate in.
in addition, that it deodorizes is an indication that it generates ozone. Now, in a small closed space like a lift over a prolonged time, that could turn out to be harmful as well.
whitewing is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 15:53   #5659

Anyone else absolutely burnt out from all these precautions and restrictions over the last year or so ? Working from home for the last 15 months has absolutely taken its toll on me. Haven’t been back to India in over 1 year now. My company won’t let me travel back unless it’s an emergency either. Just when I thought, vaccines were going to quash this thing for good (I still hope so), this delta plus variant is now making the news across the world. Looking at the rise in cases in UK now isn’t doing much to quell these fears either.

So what do you guys think is going to be the way forward? I’m assuming that governments will eventually open up once majority of the population has two jabs. But I fear that by the time India gets the majority inoculated, we’ll need a booster shot resetting the cycle again. Many countries have India on a red list and I don’t see it getting removed this year at all. I know I sound gloomy as hell but I’m so bummed at all this. Haven’t seen friends in a long while. Haven’t gone a day without worry in a long while. Sigh.
Gokuljayaraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 16:51   #5660
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokuljayaraj View Post
Anyone else absolutely burnt out from all these precautions and restrictions over the last year or so ? ... I know I sound gloomy as hell but I’m so bummed at all this. ....Haven’t gone a day without worry in a long while. Sigh.
Some of us take it better than some others, and then there are those who don't give a rat's behind!
There are also those of us who are affected but either don't realize or won't acknowledge the same.
If you are continuing to feel low, I would highly recommend speaking with a trained psychologist (even online).
Please don't get me wrong here as if I am implying anything adverse, and if you do seek some counseling please don't make it a once off thing. Psychological counseling does yield results, as I have seen aplenty in my close circles, but it takes a lot of time and the progress month on month may not be perceptible.
None of us can accurately predict where we will all be collectively and individually in the short to medium term, but what we can all benefit from is in putting our efforts in making every day as pleasant as possible, one day at a time.

Last edited by roy_libran : 24th June 2021 at 16:52.
roy_libran is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 18:22   #5661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
There are also those of us who are affected but either don't realize or won't acknowledge the same.
I'm worried that I'm not worried
catkins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 18:31   #5662
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Oh my, that's gonna go so off-topic but isn't that typical of recursive conundrums?
roy_libran is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 19:57   #5663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokuljayaraj View Post
Anyone else absolutely burnt out from all these precautions and restrictions over the last year or so ?
Second lockdown around is worse than the first.

I hardly saw beyond the opposite side of the road from late April to mid September of 2020, and frankly, I wasn't that fussed. We are able to do some stuff with a very limited number of people after that, through to this lockdown from May. So it has only been a few weeks and I am feeling it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
... About the lockdown/isolation? Some of us can be hermits without too much trouble. Although I am not sure that, in these internet days, it is truly hermitage. If that includes you: don't worry!

... About covid? If you are not worried about covid, then everyone else should be worried about you

But seriously! I have been much more worried about covid this time around. Both on and offline, it has been much closer to home, with many more known people, their friends or associates, being affected. And more not-so-old people getting bad. And I am a little bit old.

Anecdote, yes, perceptual. But my direct perception, even through those I only know online, has more impact than headlines and articles --- which are bad enough.

So yes, more concerned about covid, more pissed off about restrictions. But hey, this too shall pass.

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 24th June 2021 at 20:02.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 20:09   #5664
BHPian

Quote:
But hey, this too shall pass.
That is true. I know it first hand during my recent illness. One day at a time. and hey! friends do help and all their nonsensical whatsapp jokes and stuff does help.
earthian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2021, 22:19   #5665
BHPian

Kind attention: Doctors on TBHP

Why physically fit people are getting deeply affected by Corona?

Example, sad demise of great legend Milkha Singh and many similar examples.

Take my example, I'm physically fit. I do regular exercise of cardio and weight training. I have stopped sugar in all forms and bakery products. I never seen hospital thought of my life. Despite of all this, I was deeply affected by Corona (pneumonia, HRCT score-6, D-dimer 2000).

Is it something to do with hormone? According to my pulmonologist, females are less affected by pneumonia because of estrogen hormone and males are more affected due to testosterone hormone. Doing weight training increases testosterone hormone and also risk of pneumonia due to Corona?
Old 26th June 2021, 09:19   #5666
BHPian

I'm looking for BBMP/GoK circulars that explicitly say that under unlock 2.0, gym's in RWA's can be opened.

My RWA is arguing that the permission provided for opening of gym's in the GoK circular, is for commercial establishments only. So I presented today's ToI FAQ, which clearly says gym's in RWA's can be opened. Apparently this isn't the opinion of the GoK or BBMP, so isn't adequate.
Attached Thumbnails
The Coronavirus Thread-image.jpeg  

Old 26th June 2021, 13:02   #5667
Distinguished - BHPian

In Chennai, it's explicitly stated that one can travel by auto or cab without e-pass, but private car is not mentioned. Can I use my own car for travel within the city? Any idea?
Old 26th June 2021, 18:06   #5668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
I'm looking for BBMP/GoK circulars that explicitly say that under unlock 2.0, gym's in RWA's can be opened.

My RWA is arguing that the permission provided for opening of gym's in the GoK circular, is for commercial establishments only. So I presented today's ToI FAQ, which clearly says gym's in RWA's can be opened. Apparently this isn't the opinion of the GoK or BBMP, so isn't adequate.
The latest RWA guidelines posted on BBMP site under latest news is dated 16th July and can be accessed here
As per the same RWA gyms cannot be opened yet
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Advisories_RWA_14062021.pdf (1.65 MB, 227 views)
Old 26th June 2021, 23:39   #5669
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In Chennai, it's explicitly stated that one can travel by auto or cab without e-pass, but private car is not mentioned. Can I use my own car for travel within the city? Any idea?
If Cabs or Autos don't need it, private cars certainly don't. I am using mine to take my wife to work. Her office supplied us with an e-pass with our vehicle number for a couple of weeks, and have stopped it from last Monday. I take even the bike. They have removed the police barricades last week.

But other rules such as mask wearing, number of occupants etc still hold good for cars,cabs and autos.

Last edited by Gansan : 26th June 2021 at 23:41.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 23:04   #5670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP_Man View Post
Why physically fit people are getting deeply affected by Corona?
Despite of all this, I was deeply affected by Corona (pneumonia, HRCT score-6, D-dimer 2000).
Is it something to do with hormone?
Hi,
To answer your queries
1. Younger and fit patients succumb to corona but the ratio is too less and there are other factors involved. To be clear a 60Y old gentleman without comorbids or controlled comorbids has a far better chance than a 25Y old obese and diabetic individual who is poorly controlled.
2. HRCT score of 6 indicates mild disease. D dimer values correlates with your bodies response and it responds well to medications.
3. Hormones impact on covid outcome is not well studies or reported. It's not right to say hormones protect or puts you at risk.
drrajasaravanan is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks