Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2014, 17:35   #2401
Senior - BHPian

re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrammarNazi View Post
Theres seems to be kindof a 'Clearance Book Sale' at Flipkart. Many books are priced with 90% discount.

I'm about to order 7 books. One of them is on Vehicle Refinement. Usual price is ~2,565, but offer price is Rs.59/-.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hahaha what was it? Not sure if you read it wrong, or if they changed the price already?

Attachment 1304837
May not be the said book, but I did see a book on sale for Rs. 6!

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg
Old 2nd November 2014, 18:16   #2402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
How safe it is to buy a product like TV from sellers listed under Snapdeal? Concerns mainly related to shipping and quality of products.
If you buy from a well known on line retailer, it is ok. I bought a couple of TVs from Flipkart. Both of them Toshibas. One for Mumbai, one for Bangalore. The mumbai one was preceded by a Videocon, which had issues in quality of sound. I complained to FK and they took back the new TV and let me have a Toshiba instead after paying the difference. Delivery was on time.

When I logged a call to Toshiba for installation, they came and completed the installation job. TV works fine. It is covered with a 3 year warranty by Toshiba.

I am a bit wary of Snapdeal or Ebay for TVs, since it is primarily a marketplace and not covered under a no questions asked refund or replacement. In case of any problems, you would have to run to the manufacturer/ dealer in case not covered under manufacturer's warranty

Last edited by hrman : 2nd November 2014 at 18:18.
Old 2nd November 2014, 22:02   #2403
Senior - BHPian

Amazon to me, just hit a new low today.

The transcript of my chat with the Customer Service Representative:

Quote:
09:39 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): Hi,I'm Ram Kishan . How may I help you today?

09:40 PM IST Ashwin S: Hi Ram Kishan.
The book I had ordered was kept in a box that was far too small and seemed to be stuffed into the box. As a result, the cover has developed creases on the top in the front.
How am I expected to gift this to someone now?

09:42 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): I can give you 100 rupees as compensation.
09:43 PM IST Ashwin S: I'm sorry, but that is not what I want.
I want a book with no creases.
09:44 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): I am arranging the return and refund for you please allow me a minute to create a pick up for your product.
09:44 PM IST Ashwin S: One second, wait/
09:45 PM IST Ashwin S: I could've done that myself.
09:45 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): you want to do ti yourself?
It*
09:45 PM IST Ashwin S: Could you send a new, un-damaged copy of the book with the person who will come for the pickup?
09:47 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): i am really sorry Amazon.in does not have the approval from the Government for replacement.
As we can only return and refund you for the same.
09:48 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): You need to place the another product.
09:49 PM IST Ashwin S: I'll do that.

Thank you very much.
09:50 PM IST Amazon(Amazon): Thank you for contacting Amazon Customer Service
The "I can give you Rs. 100 as compensation". I mean, seriously? Do they really think people are that cheap to place and order, wait for it, and then contact them for money? Pathetic.

Also, placing a request for returning the product without so much as so as confirming if that is what I want. What is wrong with these people?

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 2nd November 2014 at 22:09.
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:08   #2404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
On the contrary, my experience with them today has been nothing short of outstanding.

I had placed an order for an Acer Iconia Tab to gift it to my niece for her b'day. 4 days past due date and two phone calls to customer care didn't yield any results. I wrote a post on their facebook page this morning expressing my displeasure. By noon, a customer rep called me and offered to cancel the order. He said I could place an order again for the same product,opt for 1 day delivery and amazon would pay the price difference with their gift card.

I had ordered the tab for 3999/- with 10% cash back on citibank. The tab was retailing for 4500/ odd. Their gift card included the price difference+the 10% cash back amount+ 95 rupees for one day delivery all totalling to 1096/-

Yes, they did not resolve my issue at first instance. They did it after I raised a hue on the social media. But, I am willing to over look this for the efforts they put in to solve my issue,

I would go back and shop with them again.
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:23   #2405
BHPian

A not so good experience with Amazon. Had ordered a Lumia phone on the 14th of Oct. Initially I was not given a delivery date, rather just the 7-9 business days. Then I got Oct 27th as the delivery date. Come 27th and no signs of the phone and contacted their customer service desk. Was told that there were some issues with carrier and I would be getting delivery in 3-4 days. Did not receive on the 4th day (Oct 31) as well. Contacted them again and I was told it was out for delivery. It is 2 days since it was Out for delivery and mind you the distance between the courier's last hub and the delivery address is not more than 5 kms. Spoke to Amazon today as well and am promised delivery by tomorrow.

Lets see what is in store. Probably I should take the posting in FB route like the previous user.
Old 2nd November 2014, 23:41   #2406
Distinguished - BHPian

What is the best way to teach these Aramex guys a lesson?

I brought two pairs of earphones, one from flipkart and another from eBay. While the flipkart ones arrived sometime back, this is the status of the eBay item.

The Online Shopping Thread-capture.jpg

I brought these from two different places at the same price because I wanted to see who performed better, as I was too jobless while ordering. These were meant for the watchman and one just extra. Now since I got one of them, I am planning to play with the Aramex people. While they are cheating a few people by claiming that the door was locked, customer postponed, etc, I will give them a genuine case to handle now. I had previously paid my watchman to pay the courier guys when they arrive. Now I shall instruct him not to accept the order and tell he hasn't been paid cash by me

Let them visit my place thrice or so, then they will be paid.

Last edited by audioholic : 2nd November 2014 at 23:49.
Old 3rd November 2014, 01:29   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

The transcript of my chat with the Customer Service Representative:

The "I can give you Rs. 100 as compensation". I mean, seriously? Do they really think people are that cheap to place and order, wait for it, and then contact them for money? Pathetic.

Also, placing a request for returning the product without so much as so as confirming if that is what I want. What is wrong with these people?
More than the Rs100, I am shocked by this from your conversation with Amazon...

Quote:
Amazon: i am really sorry Amazon.in does not have the approval from the Government for replacement.
What kind of bull excreta is that? A company needs government approval to replace a faulty product? Is that a complete lie, or what?

Last edited by Thad E Ginathom : 3rd November 2014 at 01:30.
Old 3rd November 2014, 08:48   #2408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
Quote:
Amazon: i am really sorry Amazon.in does not have the approval from the Government for replacement.
What kind of bull excreta is that? A company needs government approval to replace a faulty product? Is that a complete lie, or what?
I believe Amazon's position is correct (though maybe not worded correctly). Let us wait for our resident lawyer to pitch in (where is tagging when you need it?) but from what I understand, once a sale has completed (buyer accepted - by virtue of signing the courier delivery log) then the product is no longer fungible; replacements have to be booked as a new sale - which is what Amazon was proposing to do. Stuff in Sale of Goods Act, 1930.

I expect they are following the letter and spirit of law to the fullest extent, so as to not give the GoI any cause for actions adverse to their business interests.
Old 3rd November 2014, 16:20   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
I believe Amazon's position is correct (though maybe not worded correctly). Let us wait for our resident lawyer to pitch in (where is tagging when you need it?) but from what I understand, once a sale has completed (buyer accepted - by virtue of signing the courier delivery log) then the product is no longer fungible; replacements have to be booked as a new sale - which is what Amazon was proposing to do. Stuff in Sale of Goods Act, 1930.

I expect they are following the letter and spirit of law to the fullest extent, so as to not give the GoI any cause for actions adverse to their business interests.
Had a similar situation last week , had ordered 2 brass diyas , i received one brass and another nickel , wanted a replacement for the the nickel diya , however they informed there is no replacement policy , only a return can be made and full refund issued , in my case they agreed to match the price since it was in deep discount during diwali.
Old 3rd November 2014, 20:54   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinj12 View Post
On the contrary, my experience with them today has been nothing short of outstanding.
I had a similar experience with Amazon today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
I'm not sure if they need approval as such. Flipkart has a replacement policy, wonder if they got this so called "government approval".

Anyway, here's the good news.

After I ended the chat with the bone headed Customer Service Representative, when it asked me for feedback, I just entered:

"Self explanatory" and copy pasted the Chat Transcript I posted here. In response, I got this:

Quote:
Hello,

Firstly, I'm sorry for the inconvenience you experienced while shopping with Amazon. I just went through the chat transcript and I realize that this situation was very badly handled.

I accept that this was not the way my colleague should have dealt with your issue. One of our aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service and I realize that we have not met that standard in this case. Please accept our apologies.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us and to bring this to our attention. We realize this incident reflects negatively upon Amazon.in and the feedback you've provided will be used in reviewing the service provided by our customer service associates.

We’re constantly working with all our departments to improve the quality of our service, and your feedback in relation to customer service has been forwarded to our concerned department.

We monitor the service that our customer service executives provide and if we feel that it reflects negatively on Amazon.in, we’ll make sure corrective actions are taken. The feedback that you've provided will be used in our efforts to improve the service.

Further, regarding your order, I'm sorry to hear that you received the item in a bad condition. I completely understand the importance of a gift and the emotions attached with it and I'm truly sorry for not meeting your expectations. As of now, we do not have an option of replacement at this point in time but you can return this order for a complete refund.

To help you,I'd request you to reorder the item with 1 day expedited shipping and I will be happy to refund the shipping charges for you.

Please keep the book packed and ready, I've scheduled a pickup for it with ATS. The courier will collect the item within the next 2 business days. Once the courier has received your return package, it can take up to two weeks for us to receive and process your return. Once we receive the item at our fulfillment center, the refund will be processed within 1 business day.

While I know this situation is disappointing, I do want to assure you that this was rare and is not typical of our normal service levels. I'm very sorry that we weren't able to meet your expectations this time around. I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

I appreciate your understanding and patience in this regard.

If you need any further assistance, please let us know by replying to this email we will do everything we can to help you.

I hope this helps! We look forward to seeing you again soon.
I have ordered the product again and a pickup has been scheduled for tomorrow. Let's see how it all pans out at the end.

That said, I am glad Amazon is doing a little bit to ensure things get better.

Also, there was a package lying with Gati from the 30th that was meant to be delivered on the 31st. But till yesterday, nothing. I then shot out a mail to Gati and also posted a complaint on their website. The package was promptly delivered today. Reminds me of a horse that needs a spur to get moving!
Old 4th November 2014, 11:02   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
So, I ordered some wall stickers for my kid's room from EBay.
So the consignment finally arrives. But wait, what, it is just half of what I had ordered !!
I ordered 2 wall stickers, and only one came, however on the box it mentioned about 2 stickers !

What a lousy and crap seller !!
I called back immediately. The lady picked up the call and was profusely sorry for the inconvenience.
I gave her a piece of my mind. First, the order took 12 days to reach from Tirupur to Bangalore. And now secondly, it is half of what I had ordered.
She kept on apologising and asked my PaisaPay id so that she could re-send the missing wall sticker.

She promised that she would send it the first thing in the morning. Didn't see anything, so sent her a message via EBay.

The quality of the sticker is bad (if not worse) compared to what I had got from Flipkart, a year back.

I knew that EBay has junk sellers selling junk product. But sending products via junk logistics is new to me. Yeah, BlueDart is now junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
What is the best way to teach these Aramex guys a lesson?
Ohh, wait, let me lend my shoulder to you.
I ordered a mobile case cover for my brother's Micromax Canvas XL2, and guess what, bingo, seller has shipped via Aramex.
I called my brother and told him to live his life as usual without thinking that something was supposed to come.
Aramex will take its sweet time.
Old 4th November 2014, 11:15   #2412
BHPian

Offlate this thread has just become a courier bashing thread. People should understand the traders and resellers in India are new to online selling. They will get better with experience.
I had multiple good experiences with all flipkart, amazon and ebay in last couple of months of my Diwali shopping. Heck I even got a mixer grinder in billion dollar flipkart sale for Rs. 800 which is a steal. All the deliveries were on time and product packaging good.
I think online selling and buying industry will mature in next couple of years and most of the entities associated with them will become professional and customer centric. Some would say I am asking too much but only after you wish you get something.
Old 4th November 2014, 11:28   #2413
Senior - BHPian

Excellent experience from Flipkart , Ordered 2 books at around 1:00 AM in night before going to sleep , Saw an tracking update in morning about dispatch done at 1:37 AM and it was received at sorting hub in whitefield , By afternoon 3:00 PM consignment delivered at my address/

Seeing that FK is local to Bangalore time is not unusual but they do work overnight was a surprise usually e-com sites ship next day for late night orders.
Old 4th November 2014, 11:48   #2414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitk26 View Post
Excellent experience from Flipkart , Ordered 2 books at around 1:00 AM in night before going to sleep , Saw an tracking update in morning about dispatch done at 1:37 AM and it was received at sorting hub in whitefield , By afternoon 3:00 PM consignment delivered at my address/
Seeing that FK is local to Bangalore time is not unusual but they do work overnight was a surprise usually e-com sites ship next day for late night orders.
Flipkart experience is good when it is limited to WS Retail (Flipkart's own seller) and local Bangalore delivery.

I ordered some stuff for my brother (in Bhubaneswar, Odisha) at 2:06 AM.
At 4:09 AM the product was shipped out for destination.
The same day morning at 11:12 AM, the product arrived at Bhubaneswar 'Motherhub' (I donno what is that name ! ).
Till then it was nothing short of Brilliant Logistics !!

Now it has been 2 days, it is still at 'Motherhub', waiting to be delivered to a house, 6 kms away from the Bhubaneswar airport.
Old 4th November 2014, 12:04   #2415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Flipkart experience is good when it is limited to WS Retail (Flipkart's own seller) and local Bangalore delivery.
+1 to this, I ordered a book yesterday afternoon, and it was delivered today morning. The vendor was WS retail and my house is closer to whitefield and hence I have always had faster deliveries with WS Retail.

Amazon took a cool 10 days to deliver a package on the other hand.

I have had very bad experience with DX.com and have decided never to shop with them again.
1. Placed an order for a car thermostat which shows the outside temperature on an LCD panel. After about 50 days, I get a digital clock instead of the thermostat.
2. They offered to refund or replace and my mistake that I opted for a replacement. After a wait of another 50 days and counting, the product is nowhere to be found. Raised a complaint for refund now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks