Team-BHP > Shifting gears
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Your experience?
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and no symptoms are there 286 49.83%
Took the vaccine (or know someone who took the vaccine) and symptoms were there. However, recovered now 243 42.33%
Took the vaccine but situation is dire now 4 0.70%
I am not in favour of this vaccine 41 7.14%
Voters: 574. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2021, 11:28   #616
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences

My friend has created Under45.in for finding vaccines near you. He has made some kind of Telegram integration as well by which district-wise alerts are messaged periodically on availability.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 11:32   #617
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaibzi View Post
There is a telegram group dishing out alerts for slot openings at major locations. You can find it here

At the time I managed to get a booking, there were less than 300 people in the group but now there are a whopping 20+k people playing fastest fingers first to get a slot. Even I'm trying for other family members but no luck.
yes, I am subscribed to same telegram group, but as you said, its fastest finger first at the moment.

Though the new theory/conspiracy being floated around is that people have built bots to automatically book slots as well.

https://www.thehindubusinessline.com...le34482095.ece
Old 6th May 2021, 11:40   #618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kozhissery View Post
Now the wait begins for the next dose.
Took second dose for both mothers yesterday afternoon from Govt Medical College, Trivandrum as it was not available at the previous hospital (private).
The place was crowded but no chaos, still people did not keep proper social distancing. The queue almost till token counter was ok but people tended to crowd near the counter. Once the token is taken, everything was in order as only a batch of people were called inside the big compound where they had lots of chairs and a minimum of 1 meter was placed in between. As crowd was less inside the compound (after taking token) you can actually have more than 2 meters gap between persons. Asked both mothers to stay away from the entrance of vaccination room as people tended to take the seats near the door, which means they were sitting more than 5 meters behind the people.
Total time taken at the site was about 2.5 hours, which included mandatory 15 minutes wait after vaccine.
Compared to what I see in TV of other states/places, this hospital was better organized but nowhere near what we had in the first dose which was excellent.
kozhissery is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 12:18   #619
BHPian

Got the following message on whatsapp
Quote:
Paytm helps you find COVID-19 Vaccination slots available in your city and sends you an instant alert whenever a new slot opens up.

If you are 18+ years of age, you can now book a slot on the CoWIN app to take a vaccine to protect yourself and your loved ones.

Paytm is tracking all the available vaccine slots across the country in real-time. Find available slots & get instant alerts if a new vaccine slot opens up in your city using Paytm Vaccine Slot Finder. https://m.paytm.me/vaccineslotfinder

Share this message and help India fight COVID-19.
Seems paytm is also joining the bot race
yosbert is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 12:24   #620
Distinguished - BHPian

Since Mumbai only has 5 Govt vaccination centres and 2 private players, getting a slot is damn tough, for the past 3 days I spent 30 mins to 1 hour everyday just trying to get a slot, but no luck. Then finally I decided to try Thane yesterday night and luckily got a slot in Bhiwandi for Covaxin. Was a 34km drive but was worth it.

Since the hospital was small, no AC, 9-11am slot started at 10:05am. I was 2nd in line so quickly got jabbed, waited for 25mins in the observation room and left.

Although checked CoWin and it still shows not vaccinated! Just hope it gets updated.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 16:27   #621
Oxy
BHPian

Managed to get an appointment at around 12 PM at PN Palayam Govt hospital, Coimbatore for today between 3 to 6 PM. Tried to reach them over phone but nobody answered even after multiple tries, so decided to drive down anyhow (from Palakkad, about 1.5 hours one way) as appointment was confirmed on the CoWin app.

Was stopped at the Waliyar checkpost for the epass verification, and was told by someone claiming to be a health official that there's no use going there as there is no stock of the vaccine.

Again called up the hospital and this time a lady answered. She said due to some system error the appointments were given out but actually they had received about 100 doses which they had administered in the morning itself! Took a U-turn from there itself and returned back.

Is there a point even trying to book appointments?

Last edited by Oxy : 6th May 2021 at 16:28.
Oxy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2021, 17:22   #622
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srini1785 View Post
Anyone here has experience with company:

VACCINATION AT HOME FOR 1250/- PP.

https://vaximum.in/our-services

PS : Got to know this through whatapp forward so no telling what this is. Seems so easy.
If people must pay for vaccines what about people who cannot afford it? Is there someting in place to vaccinate poor people?
Are these vaccinations conducted by the government hospitals or private companies?
Old 6th May 2021, 18:42   #623
Distinguished - BHPian

Russia announces a single dose Sputnik Light vaccine against Coronavirus.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-20210506_184128.jpg
BoneCollector is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 07:51   #624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosbert View Post
Got the following message on whatsapp

Seems paytm is also joining the bot race
Finding the open slots is not really a bot, they are available via the open APIs created by the APISetu infrastructure. One can create a script that can query these APIs and shows result. There is nothing complicated in it, infact some folks even created google sheets which populate details. However booking can be done only on CoWin or Arogyasetu as they require protected APIs to post the request.

You can check the following resources on how its done (just for education purpose only):

https://github.com/bhattbhavesh91/co...t-availability
https://pypi.org/project/cowin/
https://apisetu.gov.in/public/api/cowin (they have protected APIs for registering beneficiaries and booking appointment etc)

However, I heard from few folks in my circle that an automated UI testing tool like Selenium can be configured to perform the user actions like logging and clicking the book appointment on CoWin website. Since there are no bot checks like Captcha or other methods, the tool can click faster than a human and grab an appointment quickly. That is considered a bot, and its appalling that CoWin creators didnt think through such scenarios while designing their website.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 08:02   #625
Senior - BHPian

Any experiences from people where hospitals do check on vitals (Temp, Oxygen Sat level, BP) before they administer the dose?
Old 7th May 2021, 08:34   #626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Any experiences from people where hospitals do check on vitals (Temp, Oxygen Sat level, BP) before they administer the dose?
I got mine done at Apollo Clinic and there they checked SpO2 reading and BP before the vaccination, and they checked the SpO2 level after the 30 minute observation period too.
rahulcmoulee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 08:42   #627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
However, I heard from few folks in my circle that an automated UI testing tool like Selenium can be configured to perform the user actions like logging and clicking the book appointment on CoWin website.
They haven’t learned their lesson from irctc tatkal booking being automated by touts using much the same set of methods. Protecting an api by limiting who gets keys is of no use without a lot of secondary protections.

Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-18b8e9f92af0439f83e4766aaa43d81e.png
Covid-19 Vaccine | Registration & Experiences-427f5bf6e4ff49258a936738241db213.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulcmoulee View Post
I got mine done at Apollo Clinic and there they checked SpO2 reading and BP before the vaccination, and they checked the SpO2 level after the 30 minute observation period too.
My vaccination was at a government PHC and they just made people sit in line, filled a register with their name, aadhaar and cell number, and injected. Once done each person was given a paracetamol tablet and told to go home after sitting down for a while. They didn’t care if people left immediately.

Last edited by hserus : 7th May 2021 at 08:45.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2021, 08:47   #628

Got vaccinated at a Govt Hospital for 1st dose yesterday.

No pre-health check
Waited for 1 hour for my turn
No monitoring room post vaccination

I have no adverse re-action yet, but having fever and stiffness around vaccination area.

I feel they should introduce OTP based verification at vaccination centre, it'll slow down the process, but in current practice, someone else getting vaccined on my appointment is possible with collusion of vaccination staff.
Old 7th May 2021, 09:30   #629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post

You can check the following resources on how its done (just for education purpose only):

https://github.com/bhattbhavesh91/co...t-availability
https://pypi.org/project/cowin/
https://apisetu.gov.in/public/api/cowin (they have protected APIs for registering beneficiaries and booking appointment etc)

However, I heard from few folks in my circle that an automated UI testing tool like Selenium can be configured to perform the user actions like logging and clicking the book appointment on CoWin website. Since there are no bot checks like Captcha or other methods, the tool can click faster than a human and grab an appointment quickly. That is considered a bot, and its appalling that CoWin creators didnt think through such scenarios while designing their website.
How do we use these api's?
Do they need python preinstalled?

I tried the API setu API & it kept pointing me to Pune/Satara in MH (I'm at Bengaluru, KA) for my pin code.
Arrgh, these government based websites i tell you get on my nerve.
Old 7th May 2021, 13:27   #630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Darkkid85 View Post
How do we use these api's?
Do they need python preinstalled?

I tried the API setu API & it kept pointing me to Pune/Satara in MH (I'm at Bengaluru, KA) for my pin code.
Arrgh, these government based websites i tell you get on my nerve.
Well this is going in a different direction than the intent of the thread. I will just post some info here, if you have any further questions, please send a private message.

1. You can run python in Google codelabs without having to install on your computer. Link: https://developers.google.com/learn/topics/python

2. If you are trying the first github link i posted (Bhavesh's code), then you need change two parameters before running the code. Locate the following file:
cowin-api-availability_pincode.ipynb

and edit the two lines to reflect your pin code and age:
POST_CODE = "400708"
age = 52
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks